StarSea

Chinese new year eggs

Pro-tip: NEVER say what you're going to name a given dragon. That's jumping up and down, begging the Name-Ninjas to snatch that name right out from under you.

ninja.gif 'd

1. What is everyone planing on naming them and why if there is a reason.

I won't name mine til they gender at least.

2. Who would make an army of the moonlit?

Nah, I just want two pairs.

3. Who would make an army of the shimmering gold?

Nah, I just want two pairs.

4. Who would make an army of both?

Nah, I just want two pairs of each.

5. When you breed them, would you donate them to people who couldn't get any?

Yeppers. Gotta be asked first, though. tongue.gif

I'll name them when they grow up and I'm bored, like always. But it's nearly impossible to get them cause of the lag. I nabbed two moonlit somehow, but I'll be happy to just get one shimmering gold with all the people clicking random eggs hoping to get lucky, and then abandoning the ones they don't want. Literally 200+ at the best of times nabbing at 3 egg spots like vultures is terrible. By the time the eggs load they are long gone. Now that I no longer need the, I occasionally see moonlit on the AP because people click them randomly hoping they'll be shimmer. I think it's rather ridiculous.

I too, like everyone else, is waiting to see what the adults are like. I have already named my two gold hatchies Chinese and Asian because those will stay no matter how much I like the adult sprite. Hard to say for the other questions, but I am definitely willing to breed them for others. ^^

These are what I've named my original six... though they all have CB after them because I like to do that. xd.png Most are loosely named after the codes, since that's something else I like to do.

Mecre Yellowfin

Bikube Ch'en

Mepir Beaux

Equin Jin

Guisuick Lau

Nyrso Suen

Well, so far I haven't got any, and with our nightmarish internet connection I'm pretty sure I cannot obtain any, either. (We're talking like 4 kb/s)

But IF I had a pair, I'd surely share the offspring, because I know from personal experience how it feels to ogle at the pretty dragons and not have any smile.gif

Does anyone know if they will be common or not?

And I wouldn't make a whole army of them but I would like to get one more shimmering egg smile.gif

1. What is everyone planing on naming them and why if there is a reason. haven't thought of any yet

2. Who would make an army of the moonlit? have to see the adult first, though I love the egg, hatchling

3. Who would make an army of the shimmering gold? I like shiny things so yes its a good possibility

4. Who would make an army of both?perhaps

5. When you breed them, would you donate them to people who couldn't get any? I will breed anything for anyone who asks. Things I have sitting on my scroll I sometimes have plans for but other then that I breed and drop at random sometimes. Strangely no one really asks.

I'm probably going to move the name Stella onto one of the new blues, other than that, I'm not sure what I'm going to name any of mine yet.

I'll wait until TJ's are grown up, so I can make a name with a connection the the breed/appearance/behavior.

Oh, and I'm not entirely sure, since I don't know what they will look like yet, but I'm probably going to move the name Glaedr off of it's placeholder and onto one of the shimmering golds smile.gif

Pro-tip: NEVER say what you're going to name a given dragon. That's jumping up and down, begging the Name-Ninjas to snatch that name right out from under you.

ninja.gif 'd

Pro-tip: That's why you reserve them! Like I did: Glorious gem of the moon. If there is ever a name you want, but you'r not sure it is open, you can always type in http://dragcave.net/lineage/n/(dragon name). I've always reserved my names and if you want your name without any extra spaces, then you better reserve it! smile.gif

Reserve, reserve, reserve! The three R's to getting the name you want. Or: Research, Reserve, Replace.

Another thing: If you are just going to post and say you have only a few hours left untill your eggs hatch and you can go and get some of the new ones, it'd be better kept to yourself.

What is everyone planing on naming them and why if there is a reason.

I have Diamond Time reserved on a black hatchie right now, because the moonlights (or at least the gendered hatchlings) remind me of Dialga.

Who would make an army of the moonlit?

I very well might. I can see myself breeding them with my nebulas.

Who would make an army of the shimmering gold?

No. I've never liked yellow or gold things. I'm going to get a complete sprite set, and maybe a few extras if these turn out to be rare.

When you breed them, would you donate them to people who couldn't get any?

I'll try to trade the first few, and after that they'll get sent to the AP with the rest of my bred eggs. Or if I like how the adult moonlits look, I'll likely start a moonlit/nebula breeding project and therefore keep many of the eggs for myself.

I want to wait until I see the adults.

I don't make armies, but I do love the sprites.

See above.

Again, I don't really do armies. But I might very well collect a few handfuls.

Yes, of course. I'll donate a few on the IRC, or just dump them on the AP.

Well, I'd have to look at their adult stage, that's what I name them with.

I don't make armies. I collect sprites, which means s1 hatchies+s2 hatchies+adults, except for pinks and reds, which I collect not to make armies but because they're useful. If they have dimorphism, I collect those too.

So-if they have dimorphism at the S2 stage, it'd look like

Frozen s1 hatchie

Frozen s2 hatchie male & female

Adult male & female

I can't really see myself making armies of them unless they had a useful bsa.

Same as above.

Same as above.

After I collect all the sprites, yes, why not?

Edited by ylangylang

I normally name my dragons whatever pops up in my head in relation to their description.

Maybe a small army of adults, frozen gendered and ungendered babies.

Same as the #2 question.

See previous answer. biggrin.gif

Oh, yes, I will. I will have to handpick my current dragons to see who will be the fortunate ones to take them out on a date.

I named 3 of my gold hatchies - The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass. Quite pleased so far.

I doubt I'd make an army, but maybe if I really like the adults. And yes, I would breed and donate them of course. (:

I named my two Shimmer hatchies "Hatori Sohma" and "Mayuko Shiraki" (with my prefix on the front) because Hatori is the character from Fruits Basket who represented the year of the dragon, and Mayu likes him. Haven't decided on names for my Moonlight pair yet.

I like them, but I don't need an army.

Of course, if there are people who still don't have them and want them!

Edit: Named my blue hatchies "Moonlight Rhapsody" and "Moonlight Sonata" (again with my prefix on the front). Both new breeds are just gorgeous!

Edited by inlaterdays

1: I named mine already-Geliyah, Moonstars (yay-I can't believe I got that name!) and Sequoiah, and will name the other Moonsand (if I can) when it hatches. I try to give all of my dragons nice, cute names.

2: I wouldn't because I don't make armies-I only collect 2 CB breeding pairs of each type of dragon.

3: I would of this one, if I made armies-that is, if the adults are as pretty as the youngsters!

4: I do not make armies tongue.gif I only have 15 seasonals, 6 ridgewings and 7 nebulae because they are "alts"...

5: Yes, I would! I like helping people!

Edited by Princess Kiara

Named my golden wyvern Shatter and royal blue Indigo <3 I need to trade for a gazillion more of both these gorgeous breeds though I like the goldens slightly more x3 I'll be unlikely to gift out CBs since I haven't caught any by myself at the rate they're being grabbed at >>;; All of mine thus far have been traded for.

So far for names for my Royal Blues:

Royal Majesty

Royal Subject

Blue Blood Nobility

Imperial Aristocracy

A play on the 'Royal' in their names. smile.gif

For my two gold hatchlings:

Catch Me Catch Me If You Can

I'll Evade Your Grabby Hands

I'm hoping those two Goldens gender into a pair. It's a tribute to how hard they are to grab. smile.gif

I'm not sure what the other's will be named. And yes, I plan to have a small army of both. And yes, I plan to breed and gift the eggs to those that hardly have any, or didn't can't get any at all, or toss them into the AP for anyone. I'll probably do a lot of gifting first, especially the Goldens.

Edited by MedievalMystic

1. What is everyone planing on naming them and why if there is a reason.Haven't decided yet.  I want to see the adultsNames are down below

2. Who would make an army of the moonlit?Oh yeah! *raises hand* Definitely going to try and make an army.  The silver and blue combination is gorgeous and I would really like to breed them with my Silvers!Opinion has not changed.  In fact it's even more of a Heck Yeah!!

3. Who would make an army of the shimmering gold?Possibly, I would.  Am waiting to see the adult first.Is now a Heck Yeah!!  They are stunning!

4. Who would make an army of both?  *raises hand*  See above tongue.gif

5. When you breed them, would you donate them to people who couldn't get any?I will do what I always do...Glomp any CB's I can catch (while working on my own collections.)  They would be the same to me as CB Blacks, CB Stripes, Trios, Unbreedables, and any other rare to uncommon dragon biggrin.gif  I Glomp what I can catch.  If there are some that would prefer bred, then I will Glomp or abandon bred ones.Decision has not changed biggrin.gif

Edits!!

Names so far:

Gold Wyverns (3 yet to hatch):

CB Golden New Year's Dreams

CB To New Beginnings

CB Greater Chinese Crested tongue.gif

CB Golden Flier

CB Shimmering Queen

Royal Blues (2 yet to hatch):

CB Celestial Reflections

CB Ripples In Space

CB Reflections of Space And Time

CB Blue Royalty

CB Blue Royale

CB Royal Reflections

Edited by CDM

What is everyone planning on naming them and why if there is a reason.

Named my one Royal Blue Polaris Imperial Topthorn. No reason, really. The "Polaris" prefix is the one all CBs on my scroll have, and then the actual name was random.

Who would make an army of the moonlit?

I'm going to try to make an army. If I can't get anymore CBs, then I'll try and breed an army.

Who would make an army of the shimmering gold?

If I could get hold of one, then I probably would. As it stands, no, since I've not gotten hold of one yet!

Who would make an army of both?

Humm...I'd possibly make more of an army of the Royal Blues, than the Golden Wyverns. Not sure, really.

When you breed them, would you donate them to people who couldn't get any?

If they agree to breed with their planned mates, then yes, I would donate them!

Some nice, sweet names. C: Nothing too special, though.

2/3/4. Who would make an army of the moonlit/shimmering gold/both?

I don't... I'm not good with making armies... xd.png My resolve cracks when I think of all the other species I don't have/have few of. It would be fun, though!

Sure! ^^ As soon as I find them some pretty little breeding partners~