TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

I have three Moonlights getting ready to hatch but i'm 0/3 on the shimmers! ~rageflips a table~ y'all stop stealin shimmer eggs afore i can get em! lol tongue.gif

Thanks for the new eggs TJ and spriters!! Nothing like keeping us all running round like headless chickens over some new pixels!

Haha lol this made my day xd.png

EDIT: I just realized I am one of the headless chickens 0.o oh well... -Starts running around carrying my chicken head-

Edited by AvianCrow

Omg, a friend of mine just traded a gold shimmer to me! thanks Lauren!!:D <3

That's 2 moonlights and 1 Gold shimmer for me now, FINALLY! Hoping to get another gold atleast to make a pair now.

I really hope that soon some nice players could breed theirs for some less fortunate people (as myself) that can't catch these eggs.. laugh.gif

Wow. Just grabbed another gold shimmer. Gonna trade it after the cool down for cb black hatchie. Got a blue moonlight that will be tradable in an hour, so going for something then too.

I just got the gold shimmer and one of the blue moonlights I'm keeping to hatch too!! They are so cute.

Edited by Riverwillows

They're here to stay, Shadowflame.

That 8 a.m. drop was one minute at my end. blink.gif

Here to stay. Not sure if rare or not. Check the DC Wiki. There's a info page on them there that updates as we know more.

Sigh - still not a single shimmery gold, everybody else seems to be grabbing them and trading them off and I am still too slow no matter how hard I try.

I am having horrible luck even getting one egg of each! 2 days and still no eggs for me...sad.gif I would just love to have one of each...

Same here!

I managed to catch my golds on the second day in this way: I used the "reload every" plugin in Firefox, reloading every 1 second. Then I focused on where the word "gold" needed to appear, and then middle-clicked every time I saw it. By the end of an hourly drop, I had caught the two I needed.

I managed to catch my golds on the second day in this way: I used the "reload every" plugin in Firefox, reloading every 1 second. Then I focused on where the word "gold" needed to appear, and then middle-clicked every time I saw it. By the end of an hourly drop, I had caught the two I needed.

i thought auto refreshers were against the rules here. You could get banned for that. And your scroll burned.

ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Edited by Riverwillows

i thought auto refreshers were against the rules here. You could get banned for that. And your scroll burned.

That's what I thought, too. :S

I have a couple of eggs that will hatch in about 5 hours. I'll probably have to ER them. I was so paranoid about losing them to too many views, I kept them fogged too much! xd.png I want them to hatch...then again, I don't. lol The thought of having to slog through the mess in Alpine again, dealing with all those misclicks again, feeling that frustration again... Ah well, hopefully it'll be a little easier this time around, but from the sound of it around here even now, I doubt it.

Yes, I'd like to know the final word on auto refreshers too. It sure seems to me when I first joined (waaaaaay back...) that AR's were NOT allowed, but an awful lot has changed.

So Mods or TJ, are they allowed or not??

Back to the vain search for my second Gold - please Cave gods!

Well 6 of my 7 eggs have hatched and I caught 2 more Blues and 2 more Golds (plus a CB Black!)

Once my other Gold hatches and I can get rid of a mis-click, hopefully I can pick up two more new eggs. smile.gif

My internet connection is way to slow for an AR any how, so I stick witht he old fashion, click/open in new tab as my internet is to slow to do anything else...

Still, frowny face on no catchy, be back in 40 minutes though to try again....

Does anyone know if these will stop dropping?

I managed to get blue's...but no golds ;/

I'm more than likely going to have to trade some nice 4th gen tinsels and such for one...or a 2nd gen thunder...

Anyways, let me know if you do know anything

Thanks guys and good luck ^-^

P.S. - >

I just found out about the new breeds. I've been having a lot of IRL drama and haven't been able to log onto DC the last few days v v;.....

Still blocked with some trade hatchies....

Tried to catch for a friend and didn't get a single one - and I'm usually the better one at catching... sad.gif

This is what the Official Dragon Cave Wiki says:

Auto-refresher and Auto-F-5er

An add-on for internet programs such as Firefox that automatically refreshes a web page every second/set of seconds/minutes. Considered cheating by many DC members and mods for giving an unfair advantage in catching dragons to those with the add-on.

So, yeah. They are illegal. unsure.gif

i thought by now it'd be easier to get a gold lol guess it isn't, still around 260 people in the alpine every drop plus my super lag xd.png

This is what the Official Dragon Cave Wiki says:

Auto-refresher and Auto-F-5er

An add-on for internet programs such as Firefox that automatically refreshes a web page every second/set of seconds/minutes. Considered cheating by many DC members and mods for giving an unfair advantage in catching dragons to those with the add-on.

So, yeah. They are illegal. unsure.gif

It doesn't outright say that they're illegal. It just says that some people (and mods) may think you're a cheater if you use them.

Yeah. I guess we'll need some official Mod or TJ imput to know for sure. Because I can't find it in any of the official rules. IF it's illegal, it should be added specifically, just so people don't get in trouble.

I just could swear I've seen it mentioned before by the mods as being illegal, and heard about some people even getting their scrolls burned as a result. Could be just rumor tho.

Edited by Riverwillows

I got up late last night due to a storm that was rumbling through our area. Checked the time, it was close to the hourly drop. So I decided to give a shot for more golds.

I succeeded! smile.gif Got 7 golds now. Yay!

Yeah. I guess we'll need some official Mod or TJ imput to know for sure. Because I can't find it in any of the official rules. IF it's illegal, it should be added specifically, just so people don't get in trouble.

I just could swear I've seen it mentioned before by the mods as being illegal, and heard about some people even getting their scrolls burned as a result. Could be just rumor tho.

I had heard it was ilegal too, but now I wonder if it really isn't... or if the rules changed and it isn't ilegal anymore, but it could be again if many people use it or something like that.