TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

I've just got one of each, because I'm hoping breeding the two of them will

a) produce either

cool.gif produce a hybrid

For the record, all of mine were caught at the hourly drops. I never even SEE the 5-minute drops, no matter how much I mash F5. rolleyes.gif My fault for blinking, I guess.

But they are still the largest proportion of eggs spawning in Alpine, and that means I'm sticking by my earlier prediction that these are tagged common or possibly the low end of uncommon (a la tan ridgewings and purple dorsals). So we should have plenty of opportunity to catch 'em after this initial rush is over. smile.gif

Yesterday I saw an offer for two Shimmers and two Midnights for a CB Black. I was so tired I thought they were golds and water dragons. I gave the dude my CB Black and went to bed. I checked my scroll just now and wondered what the heck was going on. Then I saw this. The moral of the story is: You can get the new "hip" thing everyone's talking about without even knowing that you have it. smile.gif

I'm loving these eggs and hatchies. Thank you, spriters! Happy Year of the Yang Water Dragon to all, and to all the best of luck.

Managed to get moon pair, so I've gendered them male and female smile.gif

Using firefox with images and java disabled, hovering my mouse over where the eggs will appear and watch the seconds and refresh just before they appear (at XX:X0 & XX:X5) really helps as it helped me catch my 2nd moon egg, the first one was pure luck lol xd.png

I would love a gold pair but alas I'm scroll locked till at least tomorrow, so do you all think they'll still be dropping more tomorrow? *fingers crossed*

EDIT: Wait, I'm still free for one more egg! *goes off to find a gold*

Edited by sandsoftimes

I'd be curious to hear from a DC player who was around when the rarer uncommons and the true rares were released - such as Golds, Silvers, or Trios. I always got the impression that those all dropped fairly regularly for the first 2 or 3 days of their release, before the quotas balanced and they dried up to their rare status....

4 of the 7 new eggs I caught were on the 5 minute drops so I guess I just got lucky.

I think 5 out of my 7 were also caught during the 5 min drops. Plus that i've caught a few more (in the 5min drops) that i've abandoned since i had so many moonlights and i'd like another gold shimmer, but i just keep getting more moonlights lol, maybe that's what i'm supposed to have tongue.gif ah, well we'll see how the drops are tomorrow if i'll try for another gold then.

Good luck to everyone! Keep trying and don't give up!

Managed to get moon pair, so I've gendered them male and female smile.gif

Using firefox with images and java disabled, hovering my mouse over where the eggs will appear and watch the seconds and refresh just before they appear (at XX:X0 & XX:X5) really helps as it helped me catch my 2nd moon egg, the first one was pure luck lol xd.png

I would love a gold pair but alas I'm scroll locked till at least tomorrow, so do you all think they'll still be dropping more tomorrow? *fingers crossed*

EDIT: Wait, I'm still free for one more egg! *goes off to find a gold*

my friend said they were dropping them today so they are permanent and you can still get them... my scroll is still locked up xd.png

I'd be curious to hear from a DC player who was around when the rarer uncommons and the true rares were released - such as Golds, Silvers, or Trios. I always got the impression that those all dropped fairly regularly for the first 2 or 3 days of their release, before the quotas balanced and they dried up to their rare status....

As I recall, when the Trios were released they dropped regularly for a couple of days - but mixed with increasing numbers of other breeds after the first few hours.

I don't even see the 5 minute drops...oh wait, yes I did. Once. It lasted for about a millisecond and then it was gone. xd.png I've caught all of my eggs at the hourly drop. I've got 3 more looooong hours before I can boot this misclicked fog off my scroll. Then it's off to try for one more gold...but even if it's a blue, I'm good with it. I feel privledged to have two golds, and one of them was a gift. Grabbing them has proven to be as difficult, if not worse, than grabbing the Marrows was. rolleyes.gif

my friend said they were dropping them today so they are permanent and you can still get them... my scroll is still locked up xd.png

Oh goodie smile.gif I see you got a blue and gold, lucky you as I was considering abandoning my 2nd blue egg so I could catch a gold egg but thought I was mad for considering that when they're so hard to catch already so I kept them xd.png

Oh goodie smile.gif I see you got a blue and gold, lucky you as I was considering abandoning my 2nd blue egg so I could catch a gold egg but thought I was mad for considering that when they're so hard to catch already so I kept them xd.png

xd.png i actually got two golds, but i gave one to a friend becuz of her super slow CPU

Traded for 1 and caught 3 in the last hourly drop.

So finally got my first two pairs smile.gif (Didn't know the new releases until an hour ago xd.png

And happy Chinese new year everyone biggrin.gif

←comes from China

Edited by Minazuki

Top hour... ended up with 2 more blues and a Nilia... I wanted more goldies. D:

Uh well, still happy with the moonies. happy.gif

Finally got two gold ones [and a 2nd gen thuwed appeared on my scroll, thx TJ~], so i'm happy now~

Tooo sloooow for goooolds.

I got another moonlight though. biggrin.gif The hatchlings of both are soooo pretty. *_*

Edited by Zucni

After lots of clicking and avoiding traps I finally got a gold! xd.png

Now back to maths. ^ ^"

<sigh> Heavy rain so my ADSL2 speed is a fraction of its usual speed thanks to antique underground cabling. Been waiting for the hourly drop to start about 20 times so far, but none caught.

Curses upon the Australian company that refuses to release high speed broadband here until people pay their inflated prices! <reaches for his Telstra voodoo doll>

I think 5 out of my 7 were also caught during the 5 min drops. Plus that i've caught a few more (in the 5min drops) that i've abandoned since i had so many moonlights and i'd like another gold shimmer, but i just keep getting more moonlights lol, maybe that's what i'm supposed to have tongue.gif ah, well we'll see how the drops are tomorrow if i'll try for another gold then.

Good luck to everyone! Keep trying and don't give up!

Ill happily take any of your unwanted blues xd.png

xd.png i actually got two golds, but i gave one to a friend becuz of her super slow CPU

That's nice smile.gif just caught a 3rd blue egg by accident! Ah well, looks like I'll have to wait till tomorrow xd.png

...Though if anyone's interested in a 3rd blue egg I've got, I'd like to trade it for a gold :3 (I know everyone prefers golds but I thought I'd ask)