TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Would it be allowed to start a Second-Generation Gifting Thread for the new dragons once this current batch grows up? It seems like a lot of people can't catch them and I think that would be the perfect way of fixing that problem. :3

I hope so! I'm actually kinda excited about gifting these. It seems a bunch of people can't get shimmers, and I think it would be fun to breed some for people.

Reminder:

http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=32652

5. No catching topics or posts.

~We strongly suggest members do not give out private information. What members do off the forum they do at their own risk.~

Catching eggs, logging into another members scroll can be seen as multi-scrolling.

I really just gave up on the 5 minute drops. If there are 200+ people and 1 egg drops, chances are it won't be you who gets it. I filled myself up with 3 shimmers and 2 moonshines. I'm really excited to see these guys grow up!! biggrin.gif

I'm really close to saying: "That is so rude and ... ugh... what's the word... exaggerated!" (sorry in case I picked the wrong word... what I mean is "uebertrieben" in german!)

Point at me and laugh if you want. But betcha I'm not the only one.

What is rude or exaggerated? I hope you don't mean this about catching the eggs as this is ment to be a challenge and fun. Also I'm thinking those words might be the wrong ones but depends on what you are talking about. I took german for 4 years in High school and 2 years in College. ( that was 14 years ago) I can still understand it a bit but I am not fluent. smile.gif

Don't get frustrated as life is to short. Instead be happy that there is a release of new dragons and maybe just maybe someone might glomp you a gift or if you ask nice somewhere. You might get one. Don't worry this dragon seems to be staying a little while longer. There is no end date that TJ gave so don't get frustrated. It will all work out. smile.gif

Yes, I've stopped the 5 min madness too. I sure hope the 4 o'clock will be a nice long drop.

What makes them so special, indeed? Maybe the fact that it's day two, I've been on for 4 big drops by now (which happen to be gone within little more than 2 darn minutes by now) and still don't have a single new egg? Seriously, if that's going to go on for much longer, I don't know what I'll do.

What is rude or exaggerated? I hope you don't mean this about catching the eggs as this is ment to be a challenge and fun. Also I'm thinking those words might be the wrong ones but depends on what you are talking about. I took german for 4 years in High school and 2 years in College. ( that was 14 years ago) I can still understand it a bit but I am not fluent. smile.gif

Don't get frustrated as life is to short. Instead be happy that there is a release of new dragons and maybe just maybe someone might glomp you a gift or if you ask nice somewhere. You might get one. Don't worry this dragon seems to be staying a little while longer. There is no end date that TJ gave so don't get frustrated. It will all work out. smile.gif

I meant the extreme short drops. But thanks for your post, that really did lighten my mood a bit smile.gif

i grabbed the gold one yesterday and just managed one blue at the 4 drop

i think the problem stems from it only being available in the alpine?

I'm usually pretty good at catching, but I'm sucking at it this time around. The cave is lagging a lot for me, I'm not sure if it's a site-wide problem or if it's my computer but, le sigh. I shall try again in an hour.

Are these just going to be a one day drop, does anyone know?

We've been told that they may keep dropping til the ratios do their thing. I just keep remembering the Trio.

Hurrah!!! Finally got that second gold egg! Now, to tenderly care for the eggs until they hatch -- and if eggs are still dropping after that, I shall gather and gift! (If not, I guess I'll *breed* and gift!)

The on the five minute drops? I want to hear from someone who's been successful with them. I flounder and miss every time. The two minute drops are hectic as well but, at least, I've been able to catch eggs then. But I can tell my blood pressure is off the charts by the amount of adrenaline that shoots through my body in those two minutes. laugh.gif

I'm trying all my "holiday" and "mass drop" tricks, but keep coming up with Goose Eggs instead of Dragon egg sad.gif

That last drop was cool, though. One Shimmer and one Paper! smile.gif

Hurrah!!! Finally got that second gold egg! Now, to tenderly care for the eggs until they hatch -- and if eggs are still dropping after that, I shall gather and gift! (If not, I guess I'll *breed* and gift!)

congrats to you and everyone who found the golds smile.gif 47 mins till the next drop lol

The on the five minute drops? I want to hear from someone who's been successful with them. I flounder and miss every time. The two minute drops are hectic as well but, at least, I've been able to catch eggs then. But I can tell my blood pressure is off the charts by the amount of adrenaline that shoots through my body in those two minutes. laugh.gif

Ohhh, no, no, on the hourly! I've tried for hours and hours and I can NOT catch anything on the short drops, even though I can see the eggs and click them. biggrin.gif

@Xocowolf: Hey way to go! I must've gotten your share of the goose eggs then!

ETA:@Xocowolf: Sorry I misread your post to mean that you had snagged a Simmer and a Paper. If you meant you just SAW a Shimmer and a Paper and still missed everything you have my sympathies.

Edited by oddsoxdi

I meant the extreme short drops. But thanks for your post, that really did lighten my mood a bit smile.gif

Yes its frustrating but it is a game. smile.gif Hang in there all will be right the drops that happen at the 5 min marks have always been fast and furious lol. The 30 and the 00 are the best times to get the eggs those times seem a bit longer. smile.gif

Before you know it you will be all full of pretty shiney eggs! smile.gif

Have a great one!

4 of the 7 new eggs I caught were on the 5 minute drops so I guess I just got lucky.

Way to go — what? I tossed four commons to the AP to catch these guys and I'm still 0 for 0.

*Le sigh* Waiting for the 30 drop…

I'm pretty sure at least one of mine was from a 5-minute drop.

But that was during the initial midnight drops, so...

4 of the 7 new eggs I caught were on the 5 minute drops so I guess I just got lucky.

Whoooooa. Impressive! blink.gif

Oh, it's such a long wait until the hatchies are grown! I want to see the adults SO badly! *that sense that the blue-and-silver moonlight may become a favorite of mine just keeps growing and growing...*

EDIT: You know, I think maybe 2 of my blues were caught during a looong drop yesterday evening at :35 - :42 past the hour. xd.png And then I got overconfident, because it took me aaaaages of clicking and not sleeping to get the others.

Edited by Kelkelen

Two or three of mine were too happy.gif

I got lucky and was able to catch two of each. *gulps and breaths* Not exactly easy. I got two gold shimmers and one midnight first. A day later I got my other midnight. Once these are grown up I'm going to make an effort to grab more to gift if I'm successful at grabbing. *crosses her fingers*

*sighs* If I can't...I'll see if I can breed em. But a little bit after my college schedule gets settled...Oy...

I wish the best of luck for those that are still out there trying to catch them. Congrats to those lucky enough, quick enough to catch the ones they got.