TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Yes there should be a limit because people are being greedy and letting other's get any.

I wouldn't call it greedy - everyone is just excited and wants to catch as many new dragons as possible. smile.gif I just wish there were more eggs dropped each hour so they wouldn't be gone within minutes. :3

Speaking as one that has still not caught any after massive clicking... I like the thrill of the hunt. Cause when you do finally catch one or three yourself you feel like such a big mighty hunter! xd.png If it was too easy there would be no thrill. So frustration is part of the fun. *big grins*

I still didn't get any eggs.. but xd.png awwwwwwww TJs babies are sooooo cute!

I would also like to add that I agree with hardwired. It makes it more exiting just because I can't catch them right away.

Edited by Zucni

Speaking as one that has still not caught any after massive clicking... I like the thrill of the hunt. Cause when you do finally catch one or three yourself you feel like such a big mighty hunter! xd.png If it was too easy there would be no thrill. So frustration is part of the fun. *big grins*

My thoughts exactly. It's not about this being 'fair' or other people being 'greedy'; no one is entitled to these eggs. It's a matter of luck, skill, and keep-at-it-ness. Happy hunting to us! laugh.gif

This is hilarious. With holiday releases, everyone's all like, "omg we should be able to get more than 2" With regular (and Halloween) releases, "omg no fair everyone should only be able to get 2"

I see this trend with every release. Without. Freaking. Fail.

Welcome to the great irony of DragCave. The most unpleasable fanbase in existence. xd.png

(Also, off-topic, love you avatar. xd.png)

Yes there should be a limit because people are being greedy and letting other's get any.

Since you've only been here a week.....

What fun would DragCave be, if all we could ever have was 2 of every breed on our scrolls?

It's part of the game, and these dragons are going to be here awhile, so everyone will get them if they want them.

The new hatchies are precious, love them both! Who's the spriter(s)? They did an amazing job.

Notice the description TJ put out with the drawing of the 2 eggs. "6 years of dragons, what makes this one so special?"

I'm betting these are the new "rare" breed dragons. We'll see though! smile.gif

Well said Star_Gazer - while I'm terribly frustrated with not being able to snag any (yet), I know people aren't really the greedy hoarders they're called every release that's not limited. But I'm just frustrated with my own click reflexes fail and a somewhat less than wonderful 'ping' speed (I think that's what it's called - isn't it wonderful that I could actually throw that out there and make it sound like I knew something?).

I'm now awaiting the NEXT drop and we'll see what's what.

I'm guessing that people are getting frustrated with waiting for the new eggs, and cleaning out the other biomes! Right now there's nothing in the Alpine, but also nothing in the Forest, nothing in the Jungle, nothing in the Desert, and the Volcano is about to clear out!

...I wonder if they'll ALL be empty by the top of the hour!

Another 5min drop gone in 5sec.

Also. I love these new eggs!!! biggrin.gif

I was not expecting this drop at all.

Got one blue egg and still trying for a gold.

Just like everyone else is saying, where's the fun in that?

Also, everyone has to get locked at some point, people have an easier time once everyone else is locked with the new eggs.

It's just this burning need everyone has to Be First. And greedy - no. DC is about catching what you can when you can. In the end everyone will be locked and then slower catches will have no trouble at all. Happened with the the tangars and it's happening now. It will settle down when the SQUEEING is over biggrin.gif

thats a relief

so potentially, approximately 728 eggs need to be grabbed before i can get a gold

users in alpine x 4

AHHHHH TJ Y U NO FOG HATCHIES! They are SICK!!get them to a vet!

TJ's hatchies always get sick, but they don't die. It's TJ. Nothing to worry about. wink.gif

TJ's hatchies always get sick, but they don't die. It's TJ. Nothing to worry about. wink.gif

LOL, I totally did the same thing the first release I was here for. smile.gif

Also, I am SOOOO in love with the EGGS! If the adult dragons are even half so pretty, I will adore them.

Are you guys sure that the dragons are permanent?

and by the way, what is the link to TJ's scroll. (Sorry i am a newbie)

yes! me big hunter !(but me sorta novice hunter atm tongue.gif need bigger faster sticky lasso or at least trained ninja reflexes)

If it was too easy to get one on the day of release . we wouldn't get the buzz of catching these eggs. Moonstones were really hard to catch on the first day, and look at them now. so don't worry folks I'm sure everyone will get one eventually.

Everyone seems to think that they will be in the Cave from here on because TJ made no announcement otherwise, and they're falling in only one Biome rather than all of them.

ETA: TJ's Scroll is always hidden from view. He has a link to his breeding dragons on the first page of this Thread though.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Epic. Really like the blue one, gold is epic too.Drop please. xd.png Waits.

Are you guys sure that the dragons are permanent?

and by the way, what is the link to TJ's scroll. (Sorry i am a newbie)

Huns I've been around since 09' and it's like this on every release I'm sure they are here to stay wink.gif

They have dimorphism, hatchlings too, drop in one biome and TJ did not state otherwise so keep calm.

Edited by flitzthesoulreaper

Well said Star_Gazer - while I'm terribly frustrated with not being able to snag any (yet), I know people aren't really the greedy hoarders they're called every release that's not limited. But I'm just frustrated with my own click reflexes fail and a somewhat less than wonderful 'ping' speed (I think that's what it's called - isn't it wonderful that I could actually throw that out there and make it sound like I knew something?).

I'm now awaiting the NEXT drop and we'll see what's what.

Hopefully it'll be more succesful then the last one for both of us (I've caught the same awe-inspiring amount of eggs as you did xd.png).

Until then I believe people should remain optimistic (even if all this sitting around and waiting for the next drop is tedious tongue.gif) - we'll all have new pretty eggs on our scrolls eventually. biggrin.gif

Awesome, I must say I didn't even know it was the Year of the Dragon. But I'm glad there has been a release.