TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

Ehhhh... Got a Ridgewing by accident :I

I'm going to catch some more now these babies have hatched. Names... hm. I only named one hatchie after his code, but the others I cant think of anything.

I'm going to name mine Chinese sounding names, being they are Chinese New Year Dragons. Like Blue Jasmine or Morning Crane, something line that.

That's a nice idea. smile.gif I actually named one of mine Gong Hei Fat Choy, which, if I recall correctly, is a rough phonic translation of 'Happy new year' in Chinese. Unfortunately it's a tad bit long for my liking so I changed the name - it's free for anyone else interested though. <:

I don't know if I'm using the right translator (using the one from Google), but it says that "Happy New Year" in Chinese (both simplified and traditional) translate to: Xīnnián kuàilè. Don't know if that's right or not, but it looks cool x'3 (Not to say your translation isn't correct Varekis, just saying what I happened to have gotten ^^; )

(Maybe I should shut up now, before I get in trouble x'3)

I can't wait to see what these dragons look like smile.gif I'm so tempted to look at the hatchies, but I want to be surprised when mine hatch xd.png

Edited by FluffyPillow

For a while it was hard to get the moonlight eggs and all I was seeing was the gold shimmers. So I guess it all depends on timing and such. (Also how much you want one egg over the other. *grins*)

did a simple google search, and well i'm not sure if it's completely accurate but:

Cantonese:

Gung Hay Fat Choy! (may prosperity be with you)

Mandarin:

Xin Nian Kuai Le! (Happy New Year)

now back on topic...so much anticipation for the adults. i probably won't be even awake in 9 hours, but i can't wait 'til i wake up haha.

Hehehehehe... I just reserved the name "Gong Xi Fat Choy" (Cantonese variation of "Happy New Year"). "Gong Xi Fa Cai" is already spoken for, it seems. ninja.gif

what a nice dragons!

but it is too hard to catch!

is it limited? or rare?? sad.gif

Edited by xogus2580

xogus2580 - no, they seem to stay forever on DC. :3

Okay, got another blue egg from AP. Thanks to whoever dropped it.

Edited by Light Concorde

what a nice dragons!

but it is too hard to catch!

is it limited? sad.gif

No, it is not limited smile.gif

Edit ninja.gif

Edited by cottondragon

Amazingly, thanks to the new drop I caught a CB Black in the Alpine. Yay! And I'm gonna trade it for THREE new gold hatchies. Double yay!

No, they're not limited...that's why they're so hard to get xd.png

Edited by Princess Kiara

Blrgh. I want one more shimmering gold egg and thanks to my clickhappiness I keep locking myself with moonlight eggs instead...

*Grumble, grumble*

Hehehehehe... I just reserved the name "Gong Xi Fat Choy" (Cantonese variation of "Happy New Year").  "Gong Xi Fa Cai" is already spoken for, it seems.  ninja.gif

Lol~ Since both are spoken for, I'll stick to family names - CNY tradition, after all xd.png

Hm, would a lineage/EG project with Liung (Hakka) or Yang (Yin/yang term) be better, I wonder?

EDIT: Haha, Hong Bao Na Lai for the gold shimmer~ Very very fitting for a gold-coloured dragon ;p

Edited by Firerubynat

I didn't name mine anything all that meaningful, but I tried to give a few of them oriental surnames. smile.gif I might try for some better names with the next lot I have hatching.

I still want one more gold and then I'll be happy. biggrin.gif I have 6 blues and 5 golds so far. I am so impatient for TJ's to mature. I can't wait to see what they look like! And I can't wait to hear what their names are! So exciting. biggrin.gif

And then it's Valentine's in a few weeks! What an exciting time of year. biggrin.gif

I was fortunate enough so that a really nice person shared one of his/her shimmers with me.I made a few tries this morning just to see how it goes but for my side of the world the shimmers remain impossible to catch (despite the fewer people flooding the Alpine).

Edited by ShadowQueen

Still no shimmery for me. Owell, then my boyfriend will breed me one, just in case. He got exactly ONE ^^

I caught only 1 shimmering egg ;((

But thanks to some people (trades and a gift) I've got 4 altogether wink.gif))

Tried to get my 4th and final Shimmer in that last drop and all I got was a misclicked Ridgewing...

Edited by becrux

<script type="text/javascript" src="/html/a/2012-01-23.js"></script>

Cool! I'll aim to get the Gold ones now,since I got the blue ones. Now for Valentine's Day~! I hope.... xd.png

Blrgh. I want one more shimmering gold egg and thanks to my clickhappiness I keep locking myself with moonlight eggs instead...

*Grumble, grumble*

I did the same...lol!

-cough- I kept telling myself...No go for the gold!

No pun intended..or is it! ^-^

Edited by Tearadria

How long until TJ's grow up? Does anyone know?

I'm ridiculously eager to see the adults.

Edited by inlaterdays