TJ09

2012-01-23 - Chinese New Year

I like how I spent two hours hunting for a Gold and came up with nothing while my sister can grab one within the first 10 seconds of the hourly drop. >.>

wow fast clicking xd.png I might stop with tabs and just click + backspace (after page loads)

I'll supply the white van and the candy should the moonlights require any further persuasion. :'D

Sounds legit.

The blues are really pretty, I caught my golds first because they seemed to drop less frequently, but I has four and that's enough. I need two more of those blue babies. My first gold just hatched, and the second one won't be far behind. Once I get two more moonlights, I'm done. I think. xd.png

As far as the hatchling sprites go, I like the blues better - blue and silver is my favorite color combo evar. I think I might make a lineage with the moonlights and Shadow Walkers... pretty! wub.gif

Edit: Anyone else seen Lonely Island's song The Creep? (Can't link 'cuz it's vulgar.) The little gold hatchies are creeping! LoLoLoL!

Edited by MindsEye

I think I'm done hunting now lol. I've got six Moonlights and six new Golds :3

At this point I have three little blue hatchies, <3 and the first of my two golds is getting ready to hatch. I haven't influenced the blues, but decided I better influence the two golds, just in case they end up being my only CBs. When I see how the first blues gender, I'll decide about the genders of the remaining blue eggs.

@ Varekis - I'm still wondering about the names, too. With the blues between Ridgewing and Seasonal, they could be Right or Royal or Rude, Running or Sage, or maybe Saturn Surprise Dragons. River Dragons? Royal River Dragons? I know I'm getting a little silly here, but I'm surprised there is just about no speculation on what the new names might be.

you know i actually think it would be nice if these were rares just because we have so few rares already, discluding holidays.

At this point I have three little blue hatchies, <3 and the first of my two golds is getting ready to hatch.  I haven't influenced the blues, but decided I better influence the two golds, just in case they end up being my only CBs.  When I see how the first blues gender,  I'll decide about the genders of the remaining blue eggs.

@ Varekis - I'm still wondering about the names, too.  With the blues between Ridgewing and Seasonal, they could be Right or Royal or Rude, Running or Sage, or maybe Saturn Surprise Dragons.  River Dragons?  Royal River Dragons?  I know I'm getting a little silly here, but I'm surprised there is just about no speculation on what the new names might be.

Yeah, it seems like there's usually more active guessing (except for that time with the pillows... everyone seemed to know they were pillows the moment they saw the eggs XD). I've been tossing up names in my head for the past few (rather obsessively? :L). Hmm, those are interesting guesses. :o I keep going back on the royal theme because the adults always looked so majestic to me. x)

Aww, the moonlights are so unloved. D:

I actually like the moonlights better at least as a hatchie but who knows what they'll look like grown up

Aquamyrine

Yeah, it seems like there's usually more active guessing (except for that time with the pillows... everyone seemed to know they were pillows the moment they saw the eggs xd.png). I've been tossing up names in my head for the past few (rather obsessively? :L). Hmm, those are interesting guesses. ohmy.gif I keep going back on the royal theme because the adults always looked so majestic to me. x)

I think Royal something or River something are both good possibilities. The moonlight makes me think of the old song, Moon River. Sail something also falls into line, alphabetically, although I can't see them being Sailor Moon Dragons! xd.png But Royal Blue is a very good guess!

Any ideas for the golds?

Edited for typing fail.

Edited by dragongrrl

Goodness that last drop went fast. o.o

Picked up a 4th moonlight, and kicked one of my others to the AP. Still hunting for the elusive golds.

I think the moonlights are adorable, but they seem to be more prolific. People who have golds are not trading them/ the gold are more uncommon and the trade chats for a while were littered with "have moonlight want gold" as folks were trying to balance out.

I think the moonlight egg is beautiful with the color and the swirl. The hatcling markings for some reason reminds me of the demons from Kakurenbo and the pose almost seems chinese lion minus the ball under the foot. I'm harboring a secret hope I'll get a pair of lion-dragons on my scroll ^^

The gold I'm still out on. Waiting to see what the adult looks like. It strikes me as the more traditional dragcave dragon of the two.

Meep, finally got a 3rd goldshimmer! It's going straight to me sister tomorrow ^^ And I have 6 moonlights, 1 of which I plan to drop.

I think Royal something or River something are both good possibilities.  The moonlight makes me think of the old song, Moon River.  Sail something also falls into line, alphabetically, although I can't see them being Sailor Moon Dragons!  XD  But Royal Blue is a very good guess!

Any ideas for the golds?

Edited for typing fail.

Bahahaha. XD On the topic of Sailor Moon dragons, another one of my guesses is Royal Moon/Star. xP Because the hatchie description says it enjoys watching the reflection of stars in the water and that would make sense given that the hatchie is dark blue and silver (night sky + moon)... plus maybe this is a 'lunar' dragon because of the Chinese new year celebration? Or I may be overthinking this whole thing. XD

Haven't really thought about the golds' name much, tbh. ^^"

ETA: Yikes that last drop went so fast! I was hoping to nab a moonlight to gift to anyone without any and failed to catch one.

Edited by Varekis

To thiefofhearts, since this is the only way I can, I want you to know I love your avatar! xd.png

It's been hard, hard work catching these new eggs. Even when I sneak a drop or two at work during break with the super duper connection there, and have Java and images turned off, I still miss a LOT.

Best spaz click ever: a gold! Woot! I still keep looking, to make sure it doesn't run off.

I have three more slots open, it's counting down to the last drop I'm staying up for tonight, I'm getting back into "hunt mode".... Wow. All those eggs were gone in less than 2 minutes. Whew! I'm goin' to bed, and will try for more tomorrow.

Happy hunting, folks!

Thanks, spriters, and thanks TJ!

PS: And thanks mods for keeping this zoo in check. It's a hard job, I know. wink.gif

Edited by Lil-Stinkpot

Well, I misclicked again... on a CB Ice. 8) Do I keep it, or shall I try to trade it? Hmm, decisions, decisions...

Well, I misclicked again... on a CB Ice.  8)  Do I keep it, or shall I try to trade it?  Hmm, decisions, decisions...

*wants* D: Sadly I have nothing to offer you xd.png

Aww, the moonlights are so unloved. D:

It's because the eggs aren't shiny-shimmery and are easier to get. I think I'll love the Moonlights more because I love any blue dragon. Plus, the hatchlings are cuter.

I got a third gold egg. I need my first three eggs to hatch so I can catch more to gift.

Why oh why oh why can't I get a shimmery gold.

seems like they are to be common enough though, so here's hoping.

CB ice - keep it , I would.

I'm going to name mine Chinese sounding names, being they are Chinese New Year Dragons. Like Blue Jasmine or Morning Crane, something line that.

I'm going to name mine Chinese sounding names, being they are Chinese New Year Dragons. Like Blue Jasmine or Morning Crane, something line that.

That actually sounds like an awesome idea :3 I might do something like that with mine when they hatch, though I promise not to use the names you've just given though ^^; Maybe I'll name mine with ancient names made modern or something xd.png Or just be completely off the wall and name them jibberish xd.png

Go ahead and use them. I deliberately picked some similar names as an example, but I won't be using those.

It's been hard, hard work catching these new eggs. Even when I sneak a drop or two at work during break with the super duper connection there, and have Java and images turned off, I still miss a LOT.

Best spaz click ever: a gold! Woot! I still keep looking, to make sure it doesn't run off.

I have three more slots open, it's counting down to the last drop I'm staying up for tonight, I'm getting back into "hunt mode".... Wow. All those eggs were gone in less than 2 minutes. Whew! I'm goin' to bed, and will try for more tomorrow.

Happy hunting, folks!

Thanks, spriters, and thanks TJ!

PS: And thanks mods for keeping this zoo in check. It's a hard job, I know. ;)

Wow, congrats. :)

"I caught a gold... and I liked it."

Couldn't resist. :D