RheaZen

Rhea's Art

Hmm. Suggestions on how my sprites could improve in that aspect? I can see what you're saying, just not sure what to do ;~;

Yeah. You can't actually do line variation with sprites if we're going by DC-rules, but a nice substitute is just abusing the light-to-dark rule with spritelines and exaggerating them... as well as having super dark shadows spread out fairly nicely. Never forget the shadows that limbs and such cost normally have harsher outlines than the smoother, typical ones that just get darker the further from the lightsource you get.

lines are hard enough with pen but creating the illusion with sprites tends to be quite a bit harder :c

Could you elaborate on the limbs bit? Do you mean something like how the muscles in the limbs are shaded, or actual shadows cast by the limbs upon a different part of the body?

And yeah, I like to have consistant and visible lines so that somewhat limits me.

Actual shadows cast by the limbs upon a different part of the body, yeah. Not just limited to limbs, of course, they just tend to be a convenient example.

Hehe, I get that. I like having consistent, thick lines on my more cartoony artwork, which really makes it look 2D, but I like how it looks, so.

Those are pretty. smile.gif I love the colors.

Very pretty indeed and HI RHEA

HI TCA why don't you go to the chat? I'm more active there than here.

It's hard to express excitement at seeing you when your name's abbreviation is capitalized anyways and I'm too lazy to type out the whole thing.

... *cough* anyways, yeah, hi.