RheaZen

Rhea's Art

I'm mostly just going to art dump stuff here to get crits and such. Not so much making things for people here anymore since I overload myself with other stuff elsewhere now.

Anyways, here goes.

I've mostly been doing pixel stuff as of late.

..:*°..:*°..:*°..:*°

UPDATE: Opening this up for commissions now. Well, not so much "this" as "on other sites".

Ya gotta pay either on dA or MagiStream, at the corresponding prices listed (in points on dA or gold/critters on MS).

dA link: http://rhearatite.deviantart.com/

MagiStream links: http://magistream.com/51-seller-s-gallery/...slots-open.html

http://magistream.com/52-living-art/133048...ilable-now.html

user posted image DRAGO-BUUUUUG

Spritework:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Digital Art:

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

user posted imageuser posted image

Traditional Art:

user posted image user posted image

Edited by RheaZen

You know that I love your stuff. Drago-bug is amazing. <3 <3 That is just wow. I showed it to my sister and she gushed over it for quite awhile.

I really like sprites the onliest crit I have is, that the behind legs from the red are a little bit too small/short, but may it`s just me with that problem. xd.png

No, you're quite right. I think it was my attempt at foreshortening (? correct term?) gone wrong. Thanks for pointing that out!

If you want crit, sure. The yellow one's face bothers me something terrible. It doesn't match with the rest of the dragon. I think how light the mouth is is a big part of it.

I could never figure out how to sprite mouths any good, or closed ones at the very least. Something about the lips. Thanks, though, I'll practice that.

The dragon bug is pretty amazing. The red dragon is nice too, though the neck could be a bit thicker close to the head. the neck would have to come from under the jaw for a throat and right now it just looks like it's connecting to the back of the head. The way the tail twists also seems a bit unnatural or the perspective is off. The yellow one is good spritework, but has several anatomy problems and one major wing perspective problem. As for anatomy the upper arm part is very confusing, and it seems to be lacking a collar bone. They also seem to be placed a bit to far forward on the body. I'm not feeling much of a connection where the wing joins the body and there could be a bit more bulk for the shoulder wing as it looks a bit thin. The back legs themselves are nice, but they are placed way to far forward...the dragon has no room for an abdominal area.

I really think you have improved since you've been away though.

Also, for the yellow one, did you line or draw the underside of the neck first or the top side? It looks like you started on the top side possibly near the shoulder and then switched to finishe the underside before going back.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

Thanks, Wook. And now I can't stop staring at the yellow one's wings *_* Gah! I'll keep all those sorts of things in mind.

I don't remember what I did first/last. What makes you ask/what makes it look like I switched up? /curious

I love them especially the drago-bug smile.gif

Although the neck bugs me on the yellow slightly too... when I look at it, I feel the neck should all be flipped vertically or something because right now it looks... upside down :S

maybe if you raised the wing shoulder higher... and moved the line along the neck (the muscle line... not exactly sure what to call it) down more? I think that you sprited it like it was a normal neck... but I feel that when the neck is arching down like that you'd see the top of the neck more and not the side.

(also he's missing a nose)

but man your shading on all them is amazing! especially the yellow one (I've heard it's quite hard to work with yellow...)

ಠ_ಠ Neckline, I see that. Perspective...

And yes, yellow is horrible. I don't know why I have so many yellow things.

Thanks!

Thanks, Wook. And now I can't stop staring at the yellow one's wings *_* Gah! I'll keep all those sorts of things in mind.

I don't remember what I did first/last. What makes you ask/what makes it look like I switched up? /curious

Mostly because the neck closer to the shoulders looks like the anchor line for the neck and also most of the underside of the neck. 626lavaheart explained it as close as you can get to a best explanation: It makes the neck look upside down. I'm pretty sure the muscle lines being connected so close to the throat do not help.

Oh, I get it now, 'kay.

Lil' pixel shrive-weed.

user posted image

Edited by RheaZen

Wow great work! smile.gif

RheaZen which program do you use to make your pixel art? If you use Photoshop could you may tell me how to animate the pixel art there? unsure.gif

Thanks!

I do use photoshop, CS5. Go to Window > Animation. Make separate frames of the animation (stages) on different layers, like so:

user posted image > user posted image > user posted image

When you're done making all the stages (on different layers), hide all but the beginning layer, go into the Animation window, and basically spam the button that looks like a folded piece of paper. When you have a sufficient number of frames, you can start hiding/showing layers and stages until you've finished your animation.

Say your beginning stage was on layer one. In the animation window, the frame you're editing would be frame 1. When you're done making that all pretty, move on to frame 2 (click it) and edit the picture so that only the stage two layer showed. Then go onto frame three, so on and so forth.

Ah thank you RheaZen <3

I never learned in the grafic school how to animate in Photoshop. xd.png

Edited by Shajana

If I'm seeing it right... those "front arm" are actually "wing arms" in a sense arn't they? smile.gif they're freaking awesome I think I like the green the most.

(also the logo's cute to... reminds me of when I used to put itty bitty stick dragons in my drawings...)

Yes, they're modified "wing" arms. The finger/s have basically become fused into a blade. 'n thanks smile.gif

:V shiny indeed! love the emerald shimmer <3 like everyone else (lol) love the drago-bug ^^ /will stalk