Maiden

Signature Contest #59

user posted image

Good evening, good afternoon, good morning - whatever it is wherever you are! As the winner of Signature Contest #58, I am now your host for Signature Contest #59. I apologize for my tardiness getting this up: what can I say except that life happens!

Now, without further delay, this contest's theme:

The Warrior

user posted image

user posted image

Our theme for this go is The Warrior. In the examples above, I chose an image of the default player character from Skyrim and Keira Knightley from Pirates of the Carribean. Your warrior can be anyone you so desire as long as they would be considered a fighter-type character... or person. A soldier counts just the same as a knight. Be creative!

The Obligatory Rule List

• Images must be comprised of two or more elements (excluding text) stitched, pasted, cloned, etc. together. They MAY NOT be a simple text slap.
  • The size limit is 600 x 200 pixels, vertically or horizontally.
  • All work is to be completely your own.
  • Do not solicit votes.
  • There is to be no flaming or drama in this thread.
  • Be creative and have fun!
  • If you are using a stock, texture or brushes from another artist, be sure to always give credit.

The prize is an egg bred from one of the following donors:

• Dk Labyrinth
  • Cariad Winter
  • Dragonhatchling
  • Tyracia
  • Terriah
  • VampireArmy
  • Lilyice
  • Zovesta
  • MindsEye

Today, January 21st, marks the opening of the competition. The end of submissions will be two weeks from today, February 4th. Voting will be opened on that date, and will close on February 11th. (That way we can get this finished up before Valentine's Madness starts!)

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to PM me at any time. I do my level best to check the forums every day. Thank you and good luck! smile.gif

Edited by MindsEye

Yay! Nice theme!

As for the prize donors, you can just copy the list from the other contest thread. They know that they may be contacted by a winner, and if they chose not to anymore they just pop in and say so, so you don't need to contact them yourself. Does that make sense?

Now, off to find my knight in shining armor...

Thanks for the heads-up, Stealthypugs. I've updated the first post to reflect the donor list from the previous competition and I've volunteered my scroll as well.

Also glad to see you'll be entering! Can't wait to see what you come up with! happy.gif

xd.png now I wish I had time to do one of these.... stupid school eating my life...

I love the first example btw xd.png

xd.png now I wish I had time to do one of these.... stupid school eating my life...

I know the feeling. So glad I'm not in school anymore!

I love the first example btw xd.png

Thanks! I had a lot of fun making it! Sorry you won't be competing in this one!! sad.gif

I would like to join the contest if I can here you go!

Credit Pic Links.

http://www.guildwars2.com/global/includes/...02-1440x900.jpg

http://www.justpushstart.com/wp-content/up...0/12/popww5.jpg

http://www.designyourway.net/diverse/warri..._ProjectHyb.jpg

My Signature post

In the middle of editing sorry. Needs to be resized.

Edited by Littlemissfit

Ohhh nice theme!

I shall start working on my entry once I've handed in my dissertation on Thursday happy.gif

Ohhh nice theme!

I shall start working on my entry once I've handed in my dissertation on Thursday happy.gif

Thanks! I look forward to seeing what you come up with, your entry for 58 was beautiful!

I'm so glad I never had to write a dissertation. >.<

I've been meaning to do one as well.

While I don't have school anymore I have work, crocheting, knitting, Oblivion, boyfriend....

*breathes*

I do plan on doing one...

Ahh, Chiaki, nice Link signature! Very cool! Forgive my ignorance, but what's the symbolism with the wolf?

@ Kanaye: Life gets in the way, doesn't it? I'd love to see more entries, but if you can't get around to it... I guess I'll find a way to cope... *sniffle* xd.png

In the Twilight Princess game, Link was transformed into the wolf every time he went into the twilight realm.

A very awesome game happy.gif

sleep.gif Link's taken xd.png k... I can work with that...

I might have time to join this... even though I said I couldn't... I've found some time (I hope) so I'm going to wip one up tonight xd.png

what to do... what to d- oh!!

user posted image

one here

another

oh look, another

expected that, didn't you...

hope that counts... he's a fighter type... deadish person I guess it would be called... they're technically dead... so sure... deadish person it is.

Edited by Dragonhatchling

I haven't checked this thread in a few days and I am just amazed! Dragonhatchling, I love your LOTR theme, and that you chose the evil warrior instead of a good one. Bravo! And Stealthypugs, your mouse-knight is adorable! Fighting the octopus is a great idea!! Have you ever read the Redwall Adventures series? If not, you should, you'd probably love it!

Beautiful entries, guys!

Just a reminder to anyone who would still like to enter, submissions will close on Saturday, February 4th at Midnight Cave Time. Step on up, let's see what you can do! C:

I haven't checked this thread in a few days and I am just amazed! Dragonhatchling, I love your LOTR theme, and that you chose the evil warrior instead of a good one. Bravo! And Stealthypugs, your mouse-knight is adorable! Fighting the octopus is a great idea!! Have you ever read the Redwall Adventures series? If not, you should, you'd probably love it!

Beautiful entries, guys!

Just a reminder to anyone who would still like to enter, submissions will close on Saturday, February 4th at Midnight Cave Time. Step on up, let's see what you can do! C:

I have indeed read some of those books! My original idea for this contest was to do Martin the Warrior, actually, but it didn't work too well. I then forgot about that until now and coincidentally did Reepicheep. xd.png

And I agree, all the entries are beautiful! Tough competition this time around. happy.gif

Bump!

Let's see if any more entries come in before voting starts... *hops around in anticipation*

I'd like to join the contest if I still can (I never know if midnight of the 4th means midnight between 3rd and 4th or between 4th and 5th).

user posted image

It is a fighter-ish type character, so I hope it counts.

Credit:

I think the character picture is from a promotional picture, because I've seen them on many different pages, wallpapers...

The background screenshot is a promotional screenshot.

Both character and background and the logo belong to Ubisoft (I think).

@ Raistlin24: No, I meant midnight from the 4th going into the 5th. There's still 3 hours and 15 minutes remaining until the deadline, so you're totally fine! Nicely done, too, Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games, and the sig is lovely!

Very nice competition this time around, guys! Really excellent work!

Just a reminder, submissions close at 12:00 (Midnight) Cave Time. That's a little less than three hours! If you have an entry, turn it in now! C:

@ MysticTiger: Since you got it in before I decided to put up the closing post, we'll go ahead and put it in the competition, no worries. And like I said in the OP, it's all about your interpretation of a warrior.

That's a lot of great entries, ladies and gentlemen!

Submissions for Signature Contest #59 are now closed! The voting thread will be up shortly! Thanks so much! C: