Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lyricmaniac

Egg Multiclutches

Recommended Posts

I would like to ask for support in bringing back clutches of eggs. I remember a time way back when that two dragons bred together to produce 3-4 eggs. I remember a time when dragons were more widely dispersed because of this phenomenon. What do y'all think? I don't know about you, but with the dragons barely breeding these days (especially rares), it'd be nice for them to produce a clutch when they do.

 

ETA: Attached is a poll up top.

Edited by Lyricmaniac

Share this post


Link to post

Well, its still possible, just highly, highly unlikely. The problem is that with the way the ratios are set right now, its very unlikely to get even a single egg, let alone more. This is quite common when breeding holiday dragons, however.

 

Also, I think in the BSA sub-forum TJ has a thread about editing the Fertility BSA so it makes these more likely.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes! I loved multiclutches. I'd really love to see them come back one way or another.

Share this post


Link to post

no multi's as I've heard it are completely locked out, except for holiday breeding, and the possible revamping of Fertility. Do want multis back xP

Share this post


Link to post

whether fertility is changed or not, i do miss multiclutches and i wish to see them again. it was exciting to see golds make 3 gold eggs, though of course i don't expect that now. but seeing things like nebulas produce more eggs to go around would be just as great...

Share this post


Link to post

I think what I'd be most interested in is either seeing clutches come back or seeing dragons being able to breed more often. When it takes half a year to have a dragon pop out one egg, that's a bit much. I'd like to see breeding go smoother, whether that means more eggs in a clutch or eggs more often.

Share this post


Link to post

NO.

 

It'd be nice to get 4 golds, yeah. But honestly? If this came back? We'd likely see nothing but blocker-walls flooding the AP 24/7, and the cave would always be blocked.

 

The problem is that with the ratios, the dragons that are more widespread would just get more common, and the rares wouldn't be much easier to get. You're not likely going to see 2 rares in a clutch. The rares would still be snatched up insane fast, we'd just have a ton more commons to wade through to find 'em.

 

In order for this to NOT flood the AP, it's likely that the chance of getting a clutch would be ridiculously small anyway. And even if it did, you'd probably get 2 eggs at the most.

Edited by KageSora

Share this post


Link to post

(Yes, they are only still possible with holiday dragons. They have been disabled for any regular breeding.)

 

I have to also vote no. When we had multi-clutches, the cave was often empty and more people staked out in the AP because we could find more eggs there. Cave drops came and went really fast and we went to the AP because that's where we had. Many of us bred regularly and bred everything we could to help spread the love, but that isn't really necessary nowadays. Now there's almost always at least one biome that still has eggs and the AP pretty much always has eggs floating about it.

 

And, if you're having a hard time getting one egg now, are you really sure you'd have better luck popping out up to four?

 

I do miss multi-clutches, but I just don't think that's a part of DC anymore or that it needs to be (besides holidays). <3

Share this post


Link to post

Right now its mostly holiday dragons producing multi clutches during their holiday breeding cycle

Share this post


Link to post

(Yes, they are only still possible with holiday dragons. They have been disabled for any regular breeding.)

 

I have to also vote no. When we had multi-clutches, the cave was often empty and more people staked out in the AP because we could find more eggs there. Cave drops came and went really fast and we went to the AP because that's where we had. Many of us bred regularly and bred everything we could to help spread the love, but that isn't really necessary nowadays. Now there's almost always at least one biome that still has eggs and the AP pretty much always has eggs floating about it.

 

And, if you're having a hard time getting one egg now, are you really sure you'd have better luck popping out up to four?

 

I do miss multi-clutches, but I just don't think that's a part of DC anymore or that it needs to be (besides holidays). <3

Agreed.

 

Having multi-clutches be the norm definitely seems problematic. For every single successful 4 egg clutch you get, there would have to be three other unsuccessful breedings in order not to have it unbalance ratios or swell the overall dragon population. So in exchange for a multi-clutch - 3/4ths of which you can't keep, you won't be able to get eggs that you can keep from three other maitings. To me, that sounds extremely frustrating.

 

Don't get me wrong, I loved multi-clutches, and I think they'd be especially nice when breeding Stripes and Dorsals. However, their main purpose was to make sure everyone could get eggs. Since that's no longer a problem, I don't see how we could have multi-clutches back so often without making overall breeding much, much less successful.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd like to at least see Fertility be used to produce multiclutches like TJ suggested. I just loved being able to choose an egg from a clutch.

Share this post


Link to post

As much as I would love to have multi-clutches again (especially when breeding golds), I'm voting no. You can only keep one egg out of a clutch anyway and the rest are AP blocker fodder.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm sorry, but I say a flat out no to this. I feel it would just lead to massive AP blockage, and it seems almost pointless if we can only keep one egg anyway.

Share this post


Link to post

NO!

 

I can only keep one egg when I breed, so why would I want more?

Isn't the AP full enough, without adding more unwanted/unneeded eggs?

Why would I want to clog up the AP with failbreeds? I'd much rather have this suggestion implemented.. http://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=130593

 

Back when the player population was low and there were only a limited number of breeds, multi-clutches kept the game going. But now they are no longer needed.. we have 1,000's of players and dozens of breeds.. and hundreds of eggs going thru the AP every day. It makes no sense to add more eggs to the clutter.

Share this post


Link to post

I think, as many others have said, that multi-egg clutches would only result in AP flooding. There was a time, back when I started playing, that eggs were scarce and this was needed. That time is long past!

 

I do not really miss them that much. It may have been nice to be able to pick an egg to keep, but when you were breeding for a particular lineage it just ended up in all but one of the eggs being lost to the lineage and going to someone who did not realize the significance of the egg.

Share this post


Link to post

No, I definitely do not support this.

 

On a personal level, I don't like the lack of control we have over multi-clutches. It's not even just a matter of multi-clutches with rares. If my unfinished project dragons produced multi-clutches, I would be equally irked. I like being able to anticipate what I'll do with my single egg, who I'll gift to, and when AP dropping, to ensure that the eggs I put there will be grabbed quickly instead of sitting there as a blocker.

 

On a broader scale, I don't support this idea because of its potential to block the AP. Plus I don't really see the point of multi-clutches anymore. DC's been changing over the years and I don't see why we need to go backwards with multi-clutches. :3

Share this post


Link to post

Here is what I would like.

 

For the most part, I would like our dragons to continue to produce single-egg clutches. But I would love it very much if there was a small chance for them to produce multiclutches.

 

I don't know exactly how it would be coded, but what I'd like to see is something like this:

 

1. When two dragons are bred, determine if an egg will be produced (I don't know what the chances of an egg being produced are so I don't want to hazard a guess at any percentages).

 

2. If an egg will be produced, determine if it will be a single-egg clutch (95% chance?) or a multi-clutch (5% chance?).

 

3. If a multi-clutch will be produced, determine how many eggs: 2 eggs (34% chance), 3 eggs (33% chance), or 4 eggs (33% chance). For each egg in the multi-clutch, determine what type of egg it will be in the usual way.

 

 

With something like this, the possibility of producing multi-clutches would still exist, but the possibility of getting a multi-clutch would be very small and there's still a good chance you would only get two eggs rather than three or four. So I don't think it would end up clogging the AP too badly since the chances would be so small, plus I think it would be nice to get on the IRC and warn a bunch of your friends to grab the eggs so you could all have eggs from the same clutch. I remember back when multi-clutches were possible, there used to be people who would deliberately collect twins, triplets, or quadruplets.

 

I'd really like to be able to possibly have a multi-clutch, even if it's a multi-clutch of commons. I think it would be exciting to see my dragons produce, two, three, or even four eggs. Since the breed of each egg would be determined individually, you usually wouldn't have a clutch of more than one rare egg, unless you were really lucky, so I don't think it would mess with the ratios that much.

 

Basically, I think it would be a fun thing to re-instate and I think it doesn't necessarily have to harm the game if coded correctly.

Share this post


Link to post

I voted OTHER, because I don't want to go back to getting clutches like it used to be possible before, because of two things: First of all, there's AP blocking. If you would get three or four eggs out of one breeding attempt involving rare x common, you would undoubtedly dump 2 or 3 rare fails on the AP. If you breed rare x rare or rare x holiday and get more than one egg, you won't benefit from it at all.

 

However, I'm pretty much in favor of TJ's suggestion of making it possible to produce multi-clutches with the help of the BSA fertility, which is why I did not vote NO.

Share this post


Link to post

I'd love to see the multiclutches back, I never got to experience them, but I would also like to see TJ's Fertility suggestion being the one that's implemented.

 

The only way I could see multiclutches being a mainstream part of the cave again would be if it's rare to do, or if breeding was limited to a certain amount of times per week... which would suck epically :/

Edited by Aderik

Share this post


Link to post

I don't really want multi-clutches back (they were fun, but they served their purpose and are no longer needed), but I can see some benefits to them, as well. IOUs are the biggest one -- if someone has a list of people wanting eggs from a pairing, getting a multi-clutch could be nice, though it would require careful timing and fast AP-hunting, so would probably only work for common offspring.

 

If it were a BSA, so people could opt in/out of multi-clutch chances, I could be ok with that. I wouldn't want it to replace fertility, though. Make it something separate, so we can still have our chance of getting any eggs, as well.

Share this post


Link to post

What is a clutch? I don't want a long description, just a short little explination.

A clutch is a group of dragon eggs. When the site first started, if you bred two dragons you could potentially get up to four eggs in one breeding. However, you can only keep one egg from a clutch. Now clutches are only available to holiday dragons when the are bred in there specific season.

 

here is en example from Xmas this year:

user posted image

Edited by aangs-sister

Share this post


Link to post

I voted no.

 

There's already a discussion about bringing back clutches with fertility instead of its current use, and I was a no to that as well. Many people brought up issues such as clutches of commons that would get put into the AP, clogging it even more. Also, that rares would very rarely produce clutches, it would mainly be commons.

 

So yeah, I don't want to see them come back. I like multi clutches being only for holidays.

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think it's really necessary for non-holiday eggs because you can only keep one egg anyways.

The others would just block the AP.

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.