TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

There is only one thing the internet can unite over.

And this is the internet.

Even though i'm relatively new to the game here, you're awesome tj!

The guy who is trying to get SOPA Passed must be a dude who has never even been on the internet...

Thank you very much for doing this. It's good to know you oppose these ridiculous bills and are willing to try to spread the message about what the American government is trying to inflict upon it's citizens. Hugs for you, TJ!

I think you made the right decision, TJ.

I'm from Germany, from experience this country can say that control in this form has horrible consequences. And it always starts just with "small" things.

I know he did.

But so many people have been asking for it to be kept, I was just commenting (as someone else has done) against it being the permanent new skin.

I also luv the old skin (and was trying to change`t for the St Patrik`s before to come here^^'), but if`s for cause like that, if ya decide you can keep`t longer TJ smile.gif

Well, I'm in Germany, but I'm also against this. This law is much too strong, not even the government should be allowed and able to block any website it wants.

Wow, this is first time I was touched by a game.

SOPA is just so unfair because it affects all of us, not just one country.

I support this greatly, the US Government does not own the internet, no one owns the internet, just little bits and pieces of it. Although I don't care for the theme, because now the links are on the side, that is going to be hard to get used to.

Friends, sorry for this joke,~Spam Removed~

Edited by _Z_

Thanks for raising awareness. I think the more people that know what is going on will increase the chance of stopping SOPA and PIPA.

SOPA is stupid, it's completely unfair. But you have my support TJ! xd.png I did a new avatar to show support!

That is cool,but i am not used to the new place that you can see your dragons (that "bookmark" far right)

ACTUALLY (off topic a bit !) - I rather like having the links over there....

SOPA/PIPA is stupid. I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to contact a local lawmaker though, considering I have not lived nor even been in the states for over a decade.

Offtopic; I like the new layout, can there be an option to use it in the future, if perhaps excluding the SOPA part? smile.gif

Thanks for helping raise awareness! I know a ton of people use DC so it's fantastic that you're spreading the word. biggrin.gif

Why is it, that the U.S. Congress belives theire people not to be able to choose for themselves what information they need, and what sites they want to visit...?

Why is it, that the U.S. Congress feels abowe the rest of its people, whom they are supposed to get theire orders from...?

Because, as George Orwell stated in "Animal Farm":

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."

The recording and motion picture industries, among others, are throwing their considerable political weight behind this effort. And no doubt throwing a lot of money at it as well. Yes, many of our congressmen and women ARE that crooked, sadly.

Then, too, the average politician understands little of the technical issues involved except what they are told. And up until now, the only people who have been actively telling them anything are...you guessed it...the lobbyists from the aforementioned industries.

EDIT: Animal FARM, not HOUSE. Where's MY mind at today?

Edited by Aliantha

Supports!! thanks TJ,

Remember folks, if something like this actually becomes law in the US, it won't be long before the rest of the worlds governments follow suit- and possibly much less publicly!

Let's stop it here and now, or the plague that destroys civilization won't be a disease ,it will be government censorship!

Friends, sorry for this joke, but! ~Spam Removed~

Sorry again about this and sorry for my english)

hehe.. no apology needed. A little humor about how it sounds elsewhere never hurts. smile.gif

Edited by _Z_