TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

Thanks for the support, TJ, and for that link, Xeyla!

Good for you TJ. All that's needed for evil to triumph is good men to do nothing.

:: bows ::

Namaste!

Every where I go..... it follows me now.... and i've done every one i can.

Thanks TJ. Totally support this stand against global corporate fascism cloaked in the sheeps guise of IP protection. It doesn't support the rights of smaller visual and musical creative artists in reality. (who can't fight the giants).

ETA: having watched the video, I agree, the implications are terrifying on a global scale.

Hats off to you TJ and thanks for the links

Edited by velvet_paw

I think I love you, TJ.

Last place I thought would protest SOPA/PIPA, but I'm SO glad that you are doing it still! Raising awareness anywhere is needed, as I've found out that so many people still do not know about these bills.

Thanks for supporting! smile.gif

Thank you, despite the issues the general blackout on the internet is going to cause, I think it's the right thing do do.

* adds applause *

C4.

Way to go TJ! It's nice that you've decided to take a stand. I'll do whatever I can to support you and this cause.

thank you so much :3 I'm no longer afraid that SOPA will go into effect!

I think it was good to get involved TJ. The wider the shout to be heard, the more likely we will be.

I have not had time to read all the comments, so someone might have already posted this, but depending on how far back it is, I'll save someone some hunting:

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_info...enators_cfm.cfm

It's all reps currently in the senate -all of them have email addresses- and another site in the fight:

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/20...-you-can-do.ars

For those non-US citizens, I don't see why you can't write to our senators. The internet is a global community and the actions here affect a far greater audience than just the people in their state.

Good, will support tho Im from London.

How long does this 'blackout' last for?

Im from Norway, and as a norwegean, "Freedon of Speach" is so important that i would fight with my life to protect that.

Over history, its been proven so many times that when someone gives a smaller group the power to controll information, things often go bad... down hill surprisingly fast.

Why is it, that the U.S. Congress belives theire people not to be able to choose for themselves what information they need, and what sites they want to visit...?

Why is it, that the U.S. Congress feels abowe the rest of its people, whom they are supposed to get theire orders from...?

Its good to see the U.S people standing up to get their voices heard... after all, its their voices that supposebly rules the politicions that again rules the country.

You have a support from up north in rainy Bergen, Norway.

That is cool,but i am not used to the new place that you can see your dragons (that "bookmark" far right)

How long does this 'blackout' last for?

If you mean only DC, then it's just for today.

Can't say for other websites.