TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

a lot of my favorite sites are shutting down for the day. i am very proud of all of them, and of you TJ!

Edited by vige

This. Is a good idea! -Fully Supports-

I am glad you made this decision. I wasn't aware of this at all, and I think that you should keep the site against this bill longer. This is our natural rights we are fighting for, not just some political election.

TJ says in his first post that this is for today only, as part of the internet wide protest. smile.gif

I know he did.

But so many people have been asking for it to be kept, I was just commenting (as someone else has done) against it being the permanent new skin.

*hugs TJ* This was a great idea!!

I actually love the background color, it makes the dragons "POP"! It's actually easier for me to read. I don't have to pull out my "Wal-Mart" glasses! smile.gif

I do miss the shortcuts at the top. I wish those were still there.

Thank you, TJ, for doing this. SOPA/PIPA aren't going to win if we can get everyone against them. Going on DC and seeing a "Stop SOPA!" message made me both angry and happy, because if SOPA does come to pass then sites like DC might not even exist anymore. We have to stay strong for our rights!

Not American and I never heard of this before today, but after reading up on it, I'm glad that you're taking the stand wink.gif

Thanks for making a skin for this ^^ Also, changing the skin was really eye-catching and (in my opinion) a very effective way of getting the message across. I'm not American, and I have never heard of it until today, but does anyone know if I can still help?

While usually I highly appreciate that this site does not voice anything political, today I feel very happy that you made an exception, TJ! - Thank you very much for helping to spread the concern over an issure that not only will affect the US, but freedom of speach and thus human rights world wide. smile.gif

I totally agree. This does affect the internet. Now im off to find out exactly what these bills are going to do.

Thank you TJ for bringing it our attention it needs to be stopped, or there goes our free speech.

I love the DC STOP SOPA skin, well done. ~Standing Ovation~ tongue.gifpoptartFINALTINY.gif

I really appreciate this and I hope every american Dragon Parent uses his voice for I don't live in the US and thus have none.

My hat goes off to you.

So happy you decided to do this. SOPA/PIPA scare the heck out of me. When I read through the text of SOPA, I just about choked. Thank you for taking a stand.

Thank you TJ for spreading the awareness of SOPA and taking a stand against it.

*claps*

Thank you for doing this, TJ. The new skin is probably better than a total shutdown, as we would have to worry about dead eggs. I'm glad DC has joined the protest.

I remember about hearing about this bill a while ago and was wondering why the Americans would stand for it. It's a violation of the Constitution (so far as I can tell, I'm not an expert on the Constitution.)

I'm Canadian so I doubt I can do much good, but every American should sign. Show them that you won't stand for them curtailing your freedom of speech and piracy has to be fought in other ways.

sopa on my native language means a thick wooden stick, VARY often used to beat people/animals in to submission with. Oh the irony...

pipa on my native language means touching hahahahah

The irony of those words in my language. But that is their exact spelling too! So I had to say it.

KEEP THE LEASH OFF OF US! damn people always trying to control everything and every one!

Thanks TJ for taking a stand and informing us of something I had no idea was going on. RIGHT ON TJ!!!