TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

I know it's been said before, but it needs to be said again (and again and again):

TJ, you seriously rock!

*so impressed*

I have to say, I've never been so proud to say I play an adoptables game. tongue.gif Good on you, TJ. Thank you for helping to spread the word.

-applauds-

this

Edited by DarkEternity

I support your decision on this, TJ.

And I feel that you've managed to pull it off in a way that's eye-catching and interesting while not crippling to the DC experience. I think you did fantastic with this.

And I hope you'll never be needing to do something like this again, too.

Wow, good on you, TJ. This SOPA business is seriously bad news. Does anybody know if I can do anything as somebody who's not American? 'cause this affects everybody.

I'm quoting here from the info page posted on Wikipedia, which is also participating in the blackout:

What can users outside of the U.S. do to support this effort?

Users outside of the U.S. can contact their local State Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or similar branch of government. Tell them that you oppose the draft US SOPA and PIPA legislation, and all similar legislation. SOPA and PIPA will have a global effect - websites outside of the U.S. would be impacted by legislation that hurts the free and open web. And, other jurisdictions are grappling with similar issues, and may choose paths similar to SOPA and PIPA.

I applaud your decision, TJ - and fully support it. Be blessed!

Please don't feel sorry about that. USA is said the best country on earth because of the freedom of speech. Personally, I don't want to see this freedom gone. In my home country, China, people can go to jail because they wrote books or speak up to against the Government. (Actually, two weeks ago, an author was sent to jail for ten years, because he spoke up against the Government on one an event* happened long time ago) I don't want to see this country turn into that. Therefore, I supported you on this action.

*The event was about some governors went to an elementary school for a speech and a fire occurred. The governors commanded the teachers and children to stay until they left. More than 100 elementary students burned alive to dead, only those who did not follow order ran and survived. After that the Government destroyed all the information of those children as they never been born. They also silent the parents by drove them out from their home and took away all the benefit (like social security or health care, for example). That author wrote a book to criticized this event and was sent to jail for ten years. There was no trail for this judgement.

HUGS, TJ!

Never thought I'd thank you for shutting down the Cave for a day...

Edit: guys, this is GLOBAL - not just the US.

Re-edit: wouldn't let me sign...

Re- re edit: never mind, just a skin change, lol.

I should learn to read.

Edited by Syphoneira

I'm quoting here from the info page posted on Wikipedia, which is also participating in the blackout:

What can users outside of the U.S. do to support this effort?

Users outside of the U.S. can contact their local State Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, or similar branch of government. Tell them that you oppose the draft US SOPA and PIPA legislation, and all similar legislation. SOPA and PIPA will have a global effect - websites outside of the U.S. would be impacted by legislation that hurts the free and open web. And, other jurisdictions are grappling with similar issues, and may choose paths similar to SOPA and PIPA.

Thanks. I'll check that out.

Hope that we will be able to keep the layout if we want after! ^^

I was thinking the same thing. i like this skin a lot!

TJ, on behalf of all lovers of freedom on the interwebs, I thank you for allowing DC to take a stand.

Never SOPA.

Said it on the other thread but I applaud you for doing this. And the layout is really quite awesome; I almost want to keep it. biggrin.gif

Serious high five for your decision to do this.

I figured that's what was going on. Thank-you, TJ. I think you did the right thing because if we didn't have website owners or just people who stood up against it, then who would? I applaud you for going along with the black out day!

Also, I like the skin. ^^

Heard about this from Wikipedia. I support. I think if this become a big enough issue it may be something brought up for the Presidential elections.

btw is it just me or are the lineages broken?