TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

I kinda like having the list of forum and account stuff on the side of the scroll, I also like the neat-ness and type face. Hopefully we can get a similair skin to this once the pipa/sopa black out is done.

I am glad your spreading the word and doing this for those that aren't usually remotely involved get the chance to notice and realize how bad this really is.

Friends, sorry for this joke, but! ~Spam Removed~

Sorry again about this and sorry for my english)

It's a little secret code inserted by the sponsors so that people would remember who they were... ;-)

Edited by _Z_

I want to have freedom of speech. Half of my youtube favorites don't load anymore because i'm watching them from outside their country :S It's bizar!

Why do they want to hunt and block all those sites? No online store will survive because they all have copyright stuff that they are selling...

And anyone who puts their dragons on a site like google docs is doing something 'wrong' to then? Not in my world!

Thank you TJ for sharing this.

Signed and thanks TJ!

and

I LOVE the Grey background! My dragons look awesome against it! biggrin.gif

Edited by Tivuli

For those of you not in the USA, here is a link you can use to protest out-of-country internet censorship:

http://americancensorship.org/modal/state-dept-petition/index.html

I posted this back on page 6, but I doubt anyone will go through every page to look for it.

EDIT: I sent a PM to TJ and Socky asking them to add this link to the OP.

Edited by xeyla

Great idea, its necessary to take a stand sometime, rwe have similar problems over here - cant go into detail, because i Really don't know the correct translation for Vorratsdatenspeicherung, probably something like prolonged precautionary datastorage or something like that *g*.

Apart from that, I'd really like to have a style like it because it looks very tidy and uncluttered.

As this is not as much political as it is "fighting for our rights, freedom and equality"...

I have to say: "viva la revolucione!"

and think it's good to speak and am proud of TJ! That's a feather in his cap.

It's better that I don't say what mean SOPA & PIPA in my language... I laughed for an hour.. yes, I know that is not funny for you.

Haha.

You know, SOPA is a form of ''filth'' in my language. xd.png And that's what it is, a great load of bull****.

Though I hate the new skin; I'm a very conservative person.

I'm glad to see DC making a stand! Good going TJ! biggrin.gif

I also totally love the grey/black w/the red banner... I kind of hope some version of it becomes a permanent skin for DC, I love the way the dragons look against the grey BG.

However, in the case of SOPA/PIPA (the Stop Online Piracy Act and the PROTECT IP Act, respectively), it's difficult to stay silent. The matching bills allow anyone to accuse a web site of copyright infringement and have it taken down or otherwise crippled (by forcing advertising/payment services to cease all dealings with the site).

The way the law speaks, if it passes then even sites like this one are at risk of obliteration.... All it would take is ONE false accusation by someone that there is some type of copyright violation for this site to be forced into shut down. Anyone can file false claims and create havoc - people and businesses will lose money & jobs. There is no trial, no court hearing, no accountability. Don't let them force legitimate sites to shut down and give them the power to block DNS registries. We are NOT China.. don't let our internet be censored and treated as such.

The way the law speaks, if it passes then even sites like this one are at risk of obliteration.... All it would take is ONE false accusation by someone that there is some type of copyright violation for this site to be forced into shut down. Anyone can file false claims and create havoc - people and businesses will lose money & jobs. There is no trial, no court hearing, no accountability. Don't let them force legitimate sites to shut down and give them the power to block DNS registries. We are NOT China.. don't let our internet be censored and treated as such.

Reminds me of the Salem witch trials, and the Red Scare at the end of WWI

very scary!

I actually like the skin. We should have an option to keep it. Well, at least a version without the SOPA/PIPA thingy.

Thank you, TJ, for doing this to help bring attention to these bills. I think your decision on how to implement this on DC was an excellent one.

The skin scared me for a sec when I logged on. xd.png Took a minute to get over the initial shock and find the menu again, ha ha. Fully support the message though. :3 *approval*

Reminds me of the Salem witch trials, and the  Red Scare  at the end of WWI

very scary!

George Takei does a pretty good job of summing up the bare basics of the fiasco that Hollywood and the music industry and news industry and other corps are trying to shove down our throats....

http://www.allegiancemusical.com/blog-entry/day-no-takei

Edited by WraithZephyr

Support! My only qualm about the skin is that I keep having brain lapses and looking for the tabs at the top instead of the right. xd.png

*applauds* Thank you for bringing this forward. Made it easier for silly people like myself to be able to help you folks make a stand.

Thank you for making a stand TJ. The bill is compleate overkill, and will cause far more problems than it could solve. I support this completely!

Edited by Mitsuko

Wow... I'm stunned at how quickly TJ got this up between the time this was suggested yesterday to today. blink.gif

I can't honestly say that I resent the music industry nor hollywood for wanting this to go through. They have lost much because of the invention of the internet. But from what CBS summarizes of it, these sound like very controlling bills. Still doubt they will pass... but then again, I was wrong about healthcare.