TJ09

2011-01-18 - Blackout

It's a hard decision to make; I've been thinking about doing something like it myself for BTACD. I really support you in every way with this though. I applaud!

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about this...I just think this is a very slippy slope to start down.

Plus I have been on the unpopular view of many things, and I think this is a gut punch to anybody who supports this bill.

Edited by Mysthunter

I'm personally not too worried about SOPA getting too far off the ground. With how much people are taking action against it, there's no way even the President will let it stay alive for long.

Neither bill is very likely to pass this time, I think. However, even if they fail this time, we can probably count on them coming back next year; especially if there is a favorable shift in the Congressional allocations in this November's election. The sponsors have already been quite open about their taking the long-term view, and the Motion Picture and Music Recording industries have fierce propaganda and lobbying machines at their disposal. If this isn't an 'eternal diligence" situation, I don't know what is.

I post on these forums almost as infrequently as this site makes a political statement, but i just had to come and state my support for your actions against these bills. Good on you, TJ! I'm completely opposed to censorship and i'm majorly scared of these proposals. I just hope Congress has the good sense to shoot them down. Is that hoping for too much? >_>;

Oh... just a question, why is this so hard on Firefox?? I can barely do a thing on my scroll, it gets stuck a lot, but it does looks lovely!!

Be well

Not only is the new design rather gorgeous, but it definitely spreads the word about stopping SOPA. Thank you for doing this without shutting the site down completely!

Does somebody have a screenshot of what the site is supposed to look like? For the last couple of months, the webfonts have been refusing to load for me, which means that I see a quite messy and unappealing site (I don't mind, because the cause is important, but would like to see what it's really supposed to look like…)

I have a revised version of the PG13 policy that I was going to post in News in order to obtain feedback, but I don't want to detract from the current news topic, so I'll probably end up posting it Thursday.

Lovely skin! It's so pretty. cool.gif Thanks for finding away to support the blackout without actually shutting down the site. These bills are far too dangerous in their current form.

I saw the new colour scheme and was all wtf, then I noticed it was some activism thing. I didnt even know them yankees were being foolish again, but when I tried to sign the 'not in the US' part of the petition (I disagree with censorship highly) it threw an error.

Anyhoo, I just think the new colour scheme is ugly (the layout is fine but the colours are all contrasty and blocky), but it makes me wonder if we will see more special event schemes, like holidays or w/e.

I don't even have words for how proud of you I am right now, T.J.

You have won all of the mangrit.

This is one of the only sites I visit daily. Had you not posted your message, chances are I would not have ever known about it. (Yes I am pretty oblivious, lol) However, thanks to you, I know what freedom is in danger, and I have felt encouraged to sign the anti-SOPA/PIPA website. I know that you were reluctant to mix politics with this wonderful game, however I must thank you for doing so.

Nice ; )

I logged on and saw that to the right and was like..yes! xd.png

Edited by Tearadria

Uhhhm…

President Obama said he does NOT support SOPA, so it has been shelved.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaudiosi/2...cy-legislation/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/14/w..._n_1206347.html

YAHOO!!! Looky here everyone! All the work everyone on the internet has done! SOPA is shelved! We still have PIPA to worry about, but at least for now its

Internet folk 1, Lawmakers 0

Round 2 coming 24th of Jan.

Edited by Tsarlena

Thank you TJ for participating! I'm actually proud that sites I have paid accounts for will be participating as well. I till take a few hours of non-service to allow my stuff to continue to be posted without persecution.

It's not only SOPA, but it's sister bill PIPA too.

I'm not a US citizen, but this goes too far.

I signed the International petition.

Sopa scares the daylights out of me. I can't see how it'd effect DC as it is now, but it'll effect so much of the rest of our lives. I know Wiki is protesting today with a black out as well, drove me bonkers as my inquisitive mind wanted to know random things to justify my trains of thought on my papers for school and I couldn't see the pages. Blah.

I love the new color scheme though. And the layout. If after everything is settled, the political plug is removed, natural cave shifted back up, and Dragon Cave rewritten a crossed the top again (leaving the ribbon tab on the side with links) I'd sooo take it as my cave back drop option.

Thank you, TJ, for helping spread awareness and taking a stand. I've already sent letters to the representatives and senators of my state, and I encourage everyone else to do so. If you go to the English Wikipedia page, there is a page where you can input your zip code and it will link to your representatives and how to contact them.