Fortune86

Close Please ~ Died

((hugging later. Did you get the profiles I forwarded you?

Evangeline - Do it once Faye has become my warrior AND when she can observe you. My charrie is trapped in the temple so Delucin can't approach you on his own.))

Edited by Laura-Lana

ON:

As the light faded Faye realised she already had her hand shading her eyes against the brilliance; part of her tried to explain what could cause such strong light so deep in the excavations. Had she stumbled across a monumental geode-like formation that was reflecting and refracting sunlight from some hidden sink-hole? Or had she become so disorientated that she’d ended up right back near the entrance, walking in on an underway dig and instead had been blinded by the powerful portable lights?

As the lights dimmed Faye blinked a couple of times, coloured dots dancing across her vision for a moment as she adjusted from the near-total darkness of the tunnel to the room she found herself in, remembering to switch her strained, damaged torch off as an after-thought. She had a distinct feeling of grandeur as her eyes adjusted, and that feeling was only justified as she took in her new surroundings. The walls of this massive chamber seemed to be made of a pearl-like, luminescent material that was probably as unidentifiable as the rest of this rock. What appeared to be fabric woven from the purest of precious metals reflected rainbows of light.

Dominating the room was a pair of pillars, on top of which lay a sword and a flute respectively, while in front of them was a small podium. Standing on the podium was a blonde child – no more than ten years at a guess – who wore only a simple white robe in spite of the coolness of this underground labyrinth.

“Welcome to the Temple of Dawn.” The voice, whilst definitely that a child, seemed to conversely hold the weight of wisdom behind it, a voice that resonated deep within Faye’s soul and warmed her for no definable reason. “Welcome home, Faye.”

Limping forward Faye turned her head to look at the chamber around her, back for a moment at the doorway into what now seemed like sheer darkness, then back at the boy again. How had he got here without anyone noticing, especially given how well-guarded the digs were and the entrances to each site in particular? Had he found a secret way in to this room? It was feasible, but only just on the realms of feasibility – after all, this discovery was brand-new. For the boy to keep this as their ‘secret base,’ as young children often did, was almost unbelievable.

Idly pocketing her torch Faye limped up to the podium, stopping and leaning heavily on her cane to alleviate some of the pressure on her throbbing ankle. With so many questions to ask, she decided it best to begin with the easiest and most obvious?

“Who are you?” Her voice was also soft, as if she could hold a good tune, and despite the cane and her plain, if mucky, appearance it demonstrated that she too was still a youth. “How did you get here?”

OFF

-Post by Faye

"I am an avatar, created by all that is good in the human heart." Delucin said in a matter of fact tone. Apparently it didn't occur to him that she could doubt his words.

"I could call you here because your heart is so pure. It resonates with me and with this temple, where the majority of my power is locked. I need your help saving the world."

Having delived his speech his serious expression was replaced with a dimpled smile.

He jumped from the podest and half walked, half bounced his way over to her. The boy beamed, looking up to her like she was his favorite aunt.

"You can call me Delucin."

Edited by Laura-Lana

ON:

Faye looked down at Delucin with a hint of a frown, tapping the floor with her walking cane - a habit that she had fallen into over the years that signified any number of emotions. Right now it was just a hint of impatience, but something stopped her from outright saying anything about the boy's grandiose claims. Again something resonated inside of her as he spoke, as if to confirm that everything he said was true. She put her hand to her head again, confirming that she hadn't knocked herself when she fell other - although there was nothing to deny that she was in fact still out in the corridor, unconscious and hallucinating, other than the fact that she could question herself.

"Saving the world?" Faye indulged the boy with a smile of her own, almost convinced that this was a game - and why not play along for a bit? But she was only almost convinced, as there was still something inside of her that was warning her this was no game. She knelt down as best she could, still supporting herself with the cane as she crouched though this time she gripped it mid-shaft. "So, how are we going to do that?"

OFF

- Post by Faye

"Well, we defeat Vayne of course. That should solve almost all problems." Delucin said. "You see, he's the avatar of everything that is evil in the human hearts. But that is for later. Right this moment we need to concentrate on preventing him from defeating us."

Delucin sighed and bit on his lip. "The fiend managed to trap me inside this temple several thousand years ago. That was bad enough but at least he was foolish enough to entrap himself as well in the process.

But lately something has begun to unseal the temples and I know there were more seals broken from his than from me. I am almost certain that he has managed to escape. He'll be already secretly recruiting people... or should I say scum? for his army.

Until more seals are broken I can't go out and stop him but you can. I'll share my powers with you and then you can nurture the good in the humans around you. And prevent his warriors from taking over the world. And find other people who'll be willing to serve the light. Oh and if you could find some more of those orbs and place them on the seals that would be good as well. I am pretty sure that is what opened them. The more seals are open the more power i'll have to help you. And if enough are open I'll be able to leave the temple and help you directly."

He frowned, then said with the solemnity of the very young. "I think that was it."

He thought about what he had told her mentally counting points after points. Then he rolled his eyes.

"I knew I had forgotten something. I need to heal your leg. You'll need both of them intact. Mind if I touch you?"

ON:

Faye was frozen in place as the young boy recanted his tale; it was typically far-flung, involving magic and a secret fight, all the recipies of a typical child’s imagination. She could herself remember those games back in the playgrounds, where she would be the damsel in distress or, more often, the Maid Marian-figure who would fight more often than flee, and occasionally save the boys as well. But the absolute conviction in his voice combined with that nagging feeling was enough to stop her from laughing, or even letting a hint of a smile onto her face.

So when the boy’s offer came to heal her leg, Faye managed to find herself a concrete way to put those doubts to rest. Her leg was almost beyond healing – even if she had opted for the multiple reconstructive surgeries, a process that would have taken up a good chunk of her twenties, it would never have been perfect again. The remains of her bones had fused now, her muscles shifting and bulking to compensate for it, leaving her now permanently crippled. She could let him touch her leg, ‘heal’ her, and then they could gather themselves up and go home.

That’s what she tried to tell herself. But as she nodded and said, “Go on then Delucin,” reaching her injured foot out to the boy so she was now supporting herself on one foot and cane, she couldn’t help feeling that perhaps this was more than child’s play.

OFF

- Post by Faye

"I can heal anything." the boy said softly. "Except death. I can not promise that this will be the last injury you'll ever receive but you have my word that I won't allow any of them to keep a hold on you any more than I am allowing this one."

Delucin knelt, touched her leg and a warm golden glow sprang from his fingers, radiating into her skin and then deeper into her flesh until it had found her bones. Delucin pushed his hand downward as if to straighten out some wrinkles and the bones, muskles and flesh in her leg rearranged themself back into their proper forms.

Delucin watched for a moment, making sure the healing was complete and the leg would support her now. Then he gave a glad cry and hurled himself into her arms.

"I am so glad you came. Now everything is good." His eyes were shiny with tears. He sniffed and tried to wipe them away without giving up his hold on her. He whispered "You've got to say - In the name of everything that is good in me, I swear allegiance to Delucin and the Power of Light."

((That was what he was waiting for, Fortune. Wouldn't have done to threaten her balance and make her crash on the floor. ))

ON:

Pain had always been an interesting sensation to Faye, one she had lived with for three years now. The thing she found interesting was that it was never long-lasting, which was the mistake everyone made. Physical pain was, in fact, an instantaneous, fleeting sensation, something that existed only for a moment – the moment the cause of the pain was removed then so too did the pain instantly disappear. And the memory as well…so many people said they could remember ‘exactly’ what the pain felt like, but it was a lie. No-one could ever exactly feel the pain again through memory alone, because the brain wouldn’t do that to itself.

And that was how one controlled pain; knowing that the sensation would pass in an instant. The trick wasn’t to ignore the pain, because that was impossible, but to in fact accept the pain and let it pass on through you, to let it disappear through the other side. It wasn’t about gritting your teeth and bearing it, it was about letting out a deep breath and feeling it fade away with the breath.

All this knowledge, however, paled to the sudden, eternal instant of pain that came with fused bone and knotted, uneven muscle suddenly being pushed back into place. The warm glow that she’d felt as the boy’s hand first touched her skin was still there, on the edges of the pain – no doubt some sort of analgesic effect that made it at least bearable – but it was not enough to take away that physical agony. But before she had even finished gasping – she was unable to draw in enough breath to scream – the pain disappeared, and instead the pleasant warmth returned.

Shocked, Faye was on instinct as Delucin flung himself at her, catching the boy in her arms as she dropped fully onto her backside, letting the walking cane slide to the floor beside her as he held her. Catching her breath Faye looked over his shoulder at her foot, and although she couldn’t see it through the thick brown walking boots and the dark blue jeans she could feel it had healed. That constant, nagging ache had disappeared now that the nerves were repaired, no longer restricted from the swelling and the improper setting of her bones. Barely registering the boy’s words she realised that what the boy had said – about Vayne, the imprisonment, everything – was entirely true after all.

And quite why he had chosen her she wasn’t sure, but in that moment Faye knew only one absolute; she would indeed be his disciple. Without hesitation, in a voice that shook from emotion, she replied “Yes. In the name of everything that is good in me, I swear allegiance to Delucin and the Power of Light.”

OFF

- Post by Faye

Jordan

Jordan sat at the desk in his apartment in the city district of Burtley. He was exhausted from his long day at the dig site at the southern temple which hadn't shown any results on their progress to discover what stones the temple was made out of. The lights in his apartment were turned off in his living room but there was a glow coming from the orb that rested on his desk.

It had been unearthed a few days ago and Jordan had offered to take to his apartment and try to figure out what it was made of. For the better part of the night he hadn't even been able to scratch the orb and only take samples from the dust that surrounds it which ended up just being normal soil samples. He swore as his latest attempt of the night to try and get a sample from the orb ended also in failure and he threw his shattered chisel to the ground along with his mallet. He concided defeat finally headed to his room where he threw himselof onto the bed not even changing clothes which were covered in dust and promptly fell asleep.

The moment she had finished the words, still holding Delucin he laid his head against her heart. The warm light sprang up again but this time it surrounded both of them.

While the glow became brighter Delucin spoke again.

"Never again fear the light. Only fear the darkness. Fire itself shall come to your hands if you call it and help protect you from your enemies."

The glow became blinding and for a fracture of heartbeat it was as if they stood in the center of the sun. Then, slowly, the glow receded.

'It is done.' Delucin said. This time his mindvoice was clear in her head. There was nothing that could keep him from communicating with his warriors. He let go of her and looked at her with serious eyes.

'Be careful. If Vayne finds out who you are he'll hunt you mercilessly.'

He sighed. "I'd urge you to find allies quickly" he spoke out loud "But you have to be sure that they are good-hearted and able to conceal themselves both from our enemies and the rest of the world. If too many people know what is going on Vayne will pull the whole world into the conflict again and that will destroy it as surely as if he were to rule it."

A mischivious gleam came into his eyes. "And make sure you can tolerate anyone you bring to me. In my absence I'll place you in command of them."

((I'll go to sleep now. *hugs* Thanks for playing that out so quickly Kestra. And sorry if I have made it hard for you.))

ON:

A world in conflict…still blinking away the last spots of light from the intense flash just moments before, Faye had the faintest inkling of understanding just how terrible such a world could be, if what Delucin had said and done was anything to go by. If someone with Delucin’s powers could so easily heal her, how quickly could Vayne take that away again?

Her body still feeling warm, the light from the chamber feeling that little brighter, Faye nodded mutely as she reached for her walking cane. But as her hands wrapped around the metal shaft she paused, fingers on the cool metal, before sliding her hand back to the ground beside her. Releasing Delucin with her other arm she put her hands beside her hips and, with great tenderness, pushed herself up to her feet.

Amazingly, she could not only stand but also stand completely evenly, equal weighting in each foot, and she looked down at her once-shattered ankle. She could put her weight through it, she could even move it properly once more – but the moment she went to step forward she nearly pitched into Delucin. After three years of limping and leaning, her body was so used to her injured gait that it had forgotten how to walk with two perfect legs once more. Carefully she bent down and picked up the cane again – it would seem that there was still a way to go before she could walk properly. And besides, if she was supposed to keep all this hidden from the world then it wouldn’t do good to suddenly run out of the tunnels without her cane.

“Thank you,” she said softly, squatting to hold Delucin once more. “I guess I should get started.” She stood up straight, cane in hand, and reluctantly started limping for the great doors to the chamber. She wondered how it had been missed before but, more importantly, how it would remain hidden now she’d found it, and resolved to check the moment she returned to the main entrance – after all, if this place and Delucin were to be found, her newly-appointed task would become near-impossible.

As she reached the threshold of darkness she went to fish the torch out of her pocket, then stopped. There was still that heat within her body, and Delucin’s words about light being there for her rung in her mind. It felt weird, crazy, but she wholly believed the boy’s words when he had said that. Perhaps she really was sharing his power? Looking back at the blonde with a slight, nervous smile she turned back to the tunnel and looked out into it; while the temple provided some light, beyond that it was pitch black. She held out a hand before her, and willed there to be light.

The fireball leapt from her fingers and seared down the earthen corridor, slamming into a wall some ten metres away with a strange ‘splash’ sound and with enough force to leave burn marks and chips of stone on the floor. Faye stumbled back in shock and amazement at the results of her unbidden thought, and after several hammering heartbeats she laughed quietly at what had just occurred. Looking back at Delucin once more she sobered up, and nodded once.

“I’ll do my best,” she promised, deciding that the torch in her pocket was the safest option rather than chucking flames around. With a flick of her finger the beam of light pierced the darkness, and with the soft green tint of the glow stick illuminating her, Faye stepped out into the night.

OFF

-Post by Faye

((If you want Kestra, we could try to get one up of Vayne? >:3

Did Laura tell you what I was going to do??))

Natalya had looked back and noticed her parents were out of sight. They must have stopped further back. She wasn't worried, if they needed her they would call her cell phone.

She jumped down off her bike and the it slowed to a stop. She nudged the kickstand into place with her foot and parked it near a playground. She walked over to the monkey bars and jumped. Cold metal came into contact with her hands and she gripped the bar tightly.

Fairly quickly she pulled herself up and positioned herself on top of the bars. Balancing herself, she stood and walked toward the hard plastic roof of the other part of the playground. Judging the distance she deemed it safe then took a same leap. Her footing was true and the girl landed gently on the roof. She turned and sat down, watching those below and around her.

A greedy grin ran across Zatch's lips but he hid it well. He got up slowly.

"And what promises could a boy make to me?" Zatch said grinning, looking down on the teenager before him. "Besides, I don't want money..."

I want POWER over others damn it! Money grants power! Strength grants power! I WANT IT ALL!!!

His grin was widening, he looked borderline psychotic at this point.

"If you know what I want, then show me that you have some worth." Zatch grinned. He knew that if anything, the boy could easily turn him over for trying to take the orb, but if he started to seem like he was on the boy's side... the boy could show him what he could offer... then he could steal it all, killing the boy while his back was turned.

Edited by DragonlordJT

"As you wish" smirked Vayne.

He reached out with his left hand and the greedy man before him slowly began to rise off the floor. Fortunately the ceiling was not too high here, so Vayne let him float all the way up to it, leaving him bobbing along like a balloon.

"If I were to drop you from that height" called up Vayne with a wicked grin. "You'll most likely break several bones. You might even impale yourself on that blade of yours. Right now, I determine whether you live or die. Is that a good enough display of power for you?"

Edited by Fortune86

“You stupid teacher! You think your school is the best there is!? Why don’t you come off you pedestal and meet some of us ‘lower people’. Syth felt the moment the teenager’s fist hit his face. He fell toward the floor and blinked his eyes, tearing at the sudden pain slightly. The three kids growled at him and pointed at him.

“We know all about your little secret.” They continued, smirking at him. The park nearby got their attention, and they dragged him toward the monkey bars. Syth saw what was coming, and merely closed his eyes. The sound of his head hitting metal rand through the area, and he collapsed to his knees in pain.

“This is for our parents! You’re so much better than them aren’t you! You stole every opportunity could have been theirs and cursed us to live a rundown life!” Syth turned his head, he thought it was bleeding, and managed to lean against the bars so he could stand.

“It…is easier to blame…someone else…then yourself!” He puffed, looking at them calmly even with blood pouring down his face. The kids growled and took a few steps back, unnerved by the calm acceptance of their action.

“Why aren’t you angry?” they asked him, which he replied with a smile.

“I’m a teacher aren’t I? What kind of teacher would I be if I just let some kids like you with valid reasons in your own heads to be angry and only show you anger? You are still learning, and glaring at you isn’t going to help.” The three glanced to him, and then growled.

“Come on guy’s this loser’s not worth our time.” Turning to face the opposite direction, they headed away. As soon as they were out of sight, Syth straightened up and wiped away the fake blood and pulled off the padding to cover his head. His face was still bruised, but there was nothing he could do about that. He glanced after the boys, and gave a small smile.

“Ahh Youth, so full of different people. Still, I’ve now wasted a good bottle of ketchup.” He pulled out the crushed bottle that had fallen behind him when they had ‘smashed’ his head against the monkey bars, and examined it.

He sighed sadly “Poor ketchup, you will never be able to do your job again.” He glanced around and found a bin. Tossing the bottle inside, he then glanced around and sighed.

“Why does this always happen on my days off? I guess its better it’s me then not one of the other teacher. I’d hate to see that fiasco.” He glanced to the sky, noting the slight gray of the clouds. He also noticed something else. There was a teenager on the roof. She looked fine, so he simply smiled and turned. Heading in the direction of his home, he picked up his hidden groceries from near the bin. He turned his head to glance behind him one last time at the girl on the roof, before turning and heading off to his home.

Zatch immediately knew he couldn't compete with this person, but new thoughts flashed in his head.

Hahaha, I had a feeling this place was more than expected! Good... so this kid can lead me to power... and not just the normal kind...

"You've proven your point." Zatch grinned wickedly at the idea of this boy as a leader. "Give me power and I'll do whatever you want, as long as I have pwoer over others!"

Edited by DragonlordJT

That was easy enough. Humans were very simple to manipulate.

Vayne let the man drop to the floor, stopping a few inches from the ground for a moment, and then falling the rest of the way.

"I am Vayne" he said down to the man. "The embodiment of the darkness inside the human heart. Serve me well and you will be greatly rewarded, but first tell me your name."

The sudden drop had Zatch worry for a minute, but he was then lowered softly. He then picked up his sword and put it into his should sheath.

"Zatch." he grinned to this boy. "Zatch Vanguard."

The embodiment of darkness eh? This ought to be fun... for darkness existed first, it is stronger than light. And rewards... I always love rewards... He'd better start soon, because I LOVE to have some influencial pay to start...

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Follow me" said Vayne. "And I will grant you your power Zatch."

He turned away and began to walk back towards the inner sanctum. He could not believe how easy it was. Just a few hours after his release and he had already found two suitable warriors. If this trend continued he would have as many as he could support in this weakened state in less than a day's time.

"Stay close" he warned his new warrior candidate over his shoulder. "I would hate to lose you."

Edited by Fortune86

Zatch followed the boy closely.

Zatch questioned as he followed behind. The place grew darker as he followed. "And what power might be granted from here?" Zatch hungrily asked.

((Derp! Sorry about that! lol fixed. that was a derpy on my part... "I just don't know what went wrong" -Derpy "Yeah, it's a mystery." -RD))

Edited by DragonlordJT

"Whatever your heart desires most" was Vayne's cryptic reply.

He lead Zatch back to the throne room, where he introduced him Est as he as back down on his throne.

"This is Est, another warrior in service to our cause. From this moment on you shall be as brothers. There will be those who stand in our way, so we have little choice but to rely on each other to thwart their efforts. Aid each other in the search for the orbs that bind my power and you will each forge yourselves a destiny of greatness."

The moment Zatch had stepped into the room his shadow began to act as Est's did, rising up behind him and becoming solid. Silently it too stabbed its owner through he back and into the heart, pumping him full of Vayne's gifts. The transaction performed, it fell back to its rightful place upon the floor.

Edited by Fortune86

Zatch felt the cold shadow stab through him, it made his entire body feel cold. He also felt... lighter. He drew his sword single handedly after the chill faded. it was far lighter than before and he could mvoe it as quickly as he could a dagger from his greatened strength. His left hand still felt cold though, when he looked at it, he saw there was a frost on it that was quickly fading.

He grinned again, his sharp canines digging into his lip slightly. "This feels nice..." He hissed in pleasure.

As a test of this coldness, he threw an ice shard out of the palm of his hand at the wall, it stuck in very far from how sharp it was. He then removed it and found that if he kept it near him, he could control it's very location, so long as it was within 5 feet of him. He also noticed that if he wanted he could melt it immediately at will.

"So... Est is it?" Zatch's eyes closed in on Est, watching him carefully noticing every detail about this new person. Don't get in my way, otherwise, I'm sure we'll get along fine...

Vayne grinned darkly as Zatch tried out his new found powers. Far too easy. Suddenly he sensed something that made him momentarily forget this small victory of obtaining two warriors. An orb! It was some distance away, further than when he had located Est.

"An orb has made its self known" he said standing up and trying to focus on its location. "We must make haste and claim it, before the brat sends any forces he may have found to do so."

He leapt away from his throne and hurried down past his new warriors.

"Quickly now! I do not tolerate failure!"