Ayelldee

Have all the TRADING threads done in the AP?

Just that - before all the Trading threads popped up you used to be able to snag Silvers and Golds from the AP. You'd see them in the AP at least once a day - now they've become extinct on the AP.

Is it just me? Thoughts?

ETA: Let me quickly add that I've nothing against any of the Trading threads. I'm just asking.

Edited by Ayelldee

I don't think that's the trading threads as much as people are using teleport now instead of bouncing eggs through the AP trading method. Although I would hazard a guess and say that, since teleport's implementation, trading has probably increased, which means that some people may trade things now that they might have dropped before. But people still seem to enjoy the AP for the many tinsels in it, if nothing else, so I think that, for many, it hasn't seemed to bad.

Hmmm I don't think so. There's a lot of good stuff in the AP. My last alt black was from the AP, and I send tinsels and trios there regularly to spice things up. smile.gif

Golds/silvers were still difficult to find even before the Trading subforum was created. Besides, as Leidarendi said, there's still goodies in the AP.

I think part of the issue with making this comparison is that before Teleport, trading PUT those eggs on the AP.

You may have seen successful trades on the AP because you refreshed at just the right second, so eliminating those from the AP and instead using Teleport would narrow down the amount of goodies that you see. Plus, Golds and Silvers were more common back then. happy.gif

Since teleport's implementation, I've seen a bunch of trios, a CB black, and other such goodies, and I remember one person in IRC saying they saw a neglected hatchie.

I think it's as Fizzix said, and those rare eggs we're no longer seeing on the AP were trades anyway. Matter of fact, nearly every metallic I caught on the AP before teleport turned out to be someone's intercepted trade.

Edited for spelling fail.

Edited by Umbee

I often dump Tinsels and hybrids to the AP. I can't say I often dump metalics, 'cause mine haven't produced in ages, but when I was on a lucky streak I was keeping one, dumping one.

The AP seems to be chock full of good stuff. Check out the thread on awesome AP finds -- there's a bit of everything dropping, these days. Well, except for silvers and golds, but what do you expect? wink.gif

I'm also one of those many who likes to breed PBs, EGs, and Tinsels and drop them on the AP as a treat for other players.

I see Tinsels there all the time, and have dropped a few, myself. Most of my less common eggs come from trades or the AP, since Teleport started.

I don't get gold eggs, so can't trade or dump them tongue.gif

silver the few I got (2nd gen) I traded

but I always 'traded' them. would give the person the code for them to refresh

now it's just easier and more secure wink.gif

tinsels I dump often and also trade them

Metallics are almost impossible to breed and I've hardly noticed any breds in the trading threads for quite some time, although CB metals certainly picked up after the biomes were introduced.

If they aren't being bred much at all, they'll hardly appear anywhere at all, (including the AP,) which pretty much seems to have been the case for a very long time.

It was definitely the case, that before Teleport, the reason that so many rares were in the AP was for all of the trading going on. Most rares snapped up were interrupted trades.

However, there are still users that dump great things into the AP. I'm another breeder that breeds Tinsels (and Tinsel-fails) to abandon and I ONLY breed my better ones, plus I will drop Golds and Silvers, 2nd gen Trios, 2nd gen Red Dorsals, 2nd genTan Ridgewings, Nebulae, and I've been dropping a lot of 2nd gen (or even gen) Blacks for people to grab. Sometimes, I will even drop CB Blacks, CB Stripes or CB Seasonals...just 'cause wink.gif

I have seen a lot of rares still dropping in the AP. The only thing that has changed, is that now you are pretty sure that you are not interrupting someone's trade, and can have a clear conscience laugh.gif

Edited by CDM

I'm also one of those many who likes to breed PBs, EGs, and Tinsels and drop them on the AP as a treat for other players.

I definitely do this.. just today bred a lot of dragons ppl probably are enjoying... mostly even gen blacks and vines... but I also able to bred a magma from magma X thunder trio and abandoned it. (would of bred my tinsels to but they got like 3 days of cool down)

although I agree no chance you'll ever really see any normal metallics. but I feel one can get around that snagging epic lineages to trade for one... (I caught a pink oldpink X silver hachie and traded it for a 2nd gen silver :3 )

Edited by 626lavaheart

I drop Silvers into the AP occasionally (when I can breed one), as well as PB's and Even-Gens and the odd Tinsel or Trio as well.

And I just picked up a 2nd Gen Magma from the AP a day or two ago! biggrin.gif

Edited by arenee1999

I HAVE seen the ever present Tinsel in the AP and Trios but Silvers and Golds? I was gifted one of my Golds and three of my Silvers, the others I snagged BC (before the Change). I think I've seen one or two Silvers since the change and one Gold. But Blacks? I've seen only a few. I bred my 'better' dragons - Blacks, Stripes, Trios etc the other day and dumped them all in the AP. I still think there were more 'better' dragons to be had from the AP 'prior'.

I HAVE seen the ever present Tinsel in the AP and Trios but Silvers and Golds? I was gifted one of my Golds and three of my Silvers, the others I snagged BC (before the Change). I think I've seen one or two Silvers since the change and one Gold. But Blacks? I've seen only a few. I bred my 'better' dragons - Blacks, Stripes, Trios etc the other day and dumped them all in the AP. I still think there were more 'better' dragons to be had from the AP 'prior'.

From what some people have said, the ratio on Blacks and Stripes showing up in the Cave or breeding successfully has changed. It will probably change again in the future, once their populations balance out a bit.

I also think the Golds and Silvers were likely interrupted trades, in the pre-Teleport past.

With teleport, the eggs will just get directly transferred to the trader's scroll without passing through the AP unless someone breeds their rares then punt the eggs to the AP or the eggs get auto abandoned...