Obscure_Trash

Sprite Replacments/Updates

LOVE the new sprites! biggrin.gif

it's really neat when the artist goes back and makes improvments, really shows how their art has developed.

LOVE the new sprites! biggrin.gif

it's really neat when the artist goes back and makes improvments, really shows how their art has developed.

In this case, its a completly different artist that did the new golds.

I actually genuinely gasped when I saw the new golds. In a GOOD way!!! laugh.gif

Well done, guys! Now, off to breed moar Goldz!!! happy.gif

I really love the Horse and Sun updates. They fixed some anatomy and shading issues while keeping the basic sprite exactly the same. I'm not really a fan of the new Golds for this reason.

The gold is still not growing on me.

Give it more time ^^ It's not been very long. When I saw the original replacement thread my reaction was -really- poor, but when I saw Nakase's sprites they grew on me to the point I love them today.

I am with you on this one. I still don't like them as the gold sprite any better today than I did 6 days ago... I suspect that I will never grow to like or even love them as the gold sprite. *desperately misses the old gold* I pray that no other sprites get such a drastic makeover. I would rather see their flaws than see such a drastic change. Oh well. I guess I will have to learn to ignore them, or I just may move them all to the bottom of my scroll.

I am with you on this one. I still don't like them as the gold sprite any better today than I did 6 days ago... I suspect that I will never grow to like or even love them as the gold sprite. *desperately misses the old gold* I pray that no other sprites get such a drastic makeover. I would rather see their flaws than see such a drastic change. Oh well. I guess I will have to learn to ignore them, or I just may move them all to the bottom of my scroll.

Sadly I too have to agree re: the Golds.

Also, I agree that I'd far rather see the dragons 'flaws' and all (not that I notice flaws, but then I'm not a spriter or any kind of graphic artist) than see them have a drastic change.

Well, we got our Golds because we wanted them, typically with a great deal of effort that may have gone on for months and I'm afraid that the mere fact of their having been replaced with something else that we hadn't chosen ourselves also may affect our emotional reactions to the strangers in their spots.

The new sprites are lovely, but they're not *our* cherished Golds.

Also the lineages they're in look very, very different than they did with the old Gold... so, no, I'm certainly not adjusting well to the alteration either, at this point.

I've actually grown to really quite like the new golds. The only slight thing that, not that it really bothers me, but I'd like if maybe the horn in the lineage tile was more defined but there isn't really much/anything that can done about that and I guess that's just me lol.

The fully sized sprites though are gorgeous. Was a bit unsure at first but now I think I've been won over tongue.gif

Do remember people, these golds were on display to the public over two years ago, back when the Le Femme project was still out in view of the public and the majority at the time were in favor of the new golds. There was even a poll back then about using the new golds and it was a clear majority that wanted the change to occur. We gave TJ the option to have it done like it was with the Old Pinks, have it where the user can manually cause their sprite image to switch to the new gold via an action or account setting, or just having it be a full switch like what happened. We did not force him to do the complete switch, it was the decision he made out of the choices we suggested.

I was looking at a Tangar pedigree and just noticed something...

The males and females are still identical in pedigrees, but not when you click on them! xd.png

I'm sure it will be updated eventually, but it had me frowning in confusion when I was looking at a pedigree.

In this case, its a completly different artist that did the new golds.

*open mouth*

*insert foot*

yeah, i don't read the credits at the bottom a whole lot. xd.png

I do not like the new gold. The old gold looked regal and special. The new ones look like all the other new dragons that have been created lately.

I wish we had the opportunity to choose which sprite to display on our scroll. sad.gif

I think the only thing the male gold needs is a more defined breast/tail plates, like in the original. you don't notice on the female with her back to you. it's really the only element that wasn't brought over. i can spot all the characteristics of the anatomy of the old except for that.

Piggybacking on other re-s, I too do not appreciate the new sprites. I once was an ardent gold breeder hoping to branch out the lineage of this cherished breed, but I recoiled from any breeding after the change was implemented. I just do not find it attractive anymore. So with horses.

I am liking those new sprites better and better :3 especially now that the male actually is showing his face in lineages xd.png no, really, well done what an improvement, now it has a working anatomy and it looks like a dragon that could exist <3

Umm.. wow. so much do not like for the new gold!

i do like them. imo they look much better and lovelier then the old gold.

user posted image

The glow is less evident on the classic skin

I took a couple weeks off DC after Christmas, and I come back to this? I'd heard rumblings about updating the oldest sprites, Golds in particular, but I was not prepared for this. I will say that the new Gold sprite looks as though a lot of work was lovingly applied to making it richly detailed, but it is not to my taste. Someone else (I didn't quote) earlier in the thread was talking about working and fighting for golds, and these weren't "our" golds anymore - that really hits close to how I feel about it. I was rearranging a Winter baby and I was taken by surprise! It was a sad surprise.

Whoops! Let's add some positivity. I like all the other tweaks that have been implemented smile.gif I think I'll always like little polishing touches rather than complete overhauls.

Edited by sylviamaris

Seems I'm one of the few players who never actually grew to like the old gold sprite. Which is why I never bothered to actively try and get a hold on more than the slightly messy specimen I have on my scroll.

I do understand the frustration of the people who liked the gold as it was but personally I really prefer the new version. (Which is probably a bad thing seeing as I'm going to have to try and get more of those now dry.gif)

I took a couple weeks off DC after Christmas, and I come back to this?  I'd heard rumblings about updating the oldest sprites, Golds in particular, but I was not prepared for this.  I will say that the new Gold sprite looks as though a lot of work was lovingly applied to making it richly detailed, but it is not to my taste.  Someone else (I didn't quote) earlier in the thread was talking about working and fighting for golds, and these weren't "our" golds anymore - that really hits close to how I feel about it.  I was rearranging a Winter baby and I was taken by surprise!  It was a sad surprise.

I was going to make a post and then I read this one and realised that this is exactly

how I feel about this. Granted, I didn't take a few weeks off because I wanted to, but

that's not the point. The point is, I was gone for about three weeks, and I came back

to "My babies! What happened to my babies?"

Edited by omgitskairi

I had no idea at first, until I checked the lineage of one of my dragons and saw this weird little yellow thing.

Then I exploded in joy because of course there was only one thing it could have been.

The updated version of the purple horse looks like its surprised, shocked, about to drool etc. The updated golds are great though I sort of miss the old sprites. The difference for the sunsets ans sunrises is tiny except for their colouration.