Obscure_Trash

Sprite Replacments/Updates

Wow, NONE of you guys posted the OTHER gendered hatchling gold sprite? The gendered hatchlings are dimorphisim as well people =)

http://dragcave.net/lineage/YEEA Female gendered sprite

Also, I did make a glow for the gold sprites for her during the holiday event just to show her how it would look with one but Nakase is against it.

Edited by Dolphinsong

Wow, NONE of you guys posted the OTHER gendered hatchling gold sprite? The gendered hatchlings are dimorphisim as well people =)

Also, I did make a glow for the gold sprites for her during the holiday event just to show her how it would look with one but Nakase is against it.

Darn. I actually like how they pop more, lol. Too bad!

To me, it's the lack of a glow. If they still glowed, they'd be absolutely perfect to me. Like this:

user posted image

^ This. So much.

Nakase and TJ09, please take that into consideration.

Edited by DrMalvado

Just going to pop in to say that I REALLY like how the glow makes them pop. (: Thank you AlternateMew! xd.png

Oh wow, I did NOT expect the "glow" outline to look THAT darn good! I love the new sprites but DANG that makes them so much more fetching!

I'm against the glow, unfortunately. I find it makes the lines of the dragon hard to see and makes it look less like it pops off of the page.

Also, the golds are supposed to be reflective and metallic looking - that doesn't say 'glow' to me.

I'm okay with a lighter yellow, but I really don't want the sprites to glow. :/ I think it would greatly take away from them, actually.

I think if the "glow" were added it would help quite a bit in seeing them as gold dragons compared to the old sprite.

Ooh, thanks for sharing! So cute! I prefer the male hatchie in comparison, but they're both darn adorable! :3

And nice code on her, too. xd.png

I'd rather not see that flat yellow outline added to the golds. It doesn't make it look glowing to me, but flattens the sprite. I didn't care for that on the old gold either, frankly. To me it makes the sprite look more like a sticker than a flesh and blood dragon. Plus, shiny =/= glowing. Gold is shiny. It doesn't glow with an internal light.

I'm against the glow, unfortunately. I find it makes the lines of the dragon hard to see and makes it look less like it pops off of the page.

Also, the golds are supposed to be reflective and metallic looking - that doesn't say 'glow' to me.

I'm okay with a lighter yellow, but I really don't want the sprites to glow. :/ I think it would greatly take away from them, actually.

I agree 100%.

Edited by Dubious

I'd rather not see that flat yellow outline added to the golds. It doesn't make it look glowing to me, but flattens the sprite. I didn't care for that on the old gold either, frankly. To me it makes the sprite look more like a sticker than a flesh and blood dragon. Plus, shiny =/= glowing. Gold is shiny. It doesn't glow with an internal light.

I agree with this as well.

I don't really care for/like how the yellow outlining looks at all on the newer gold sprites. It feels sort of out of place.

But then again I think they look fine as they are, their golden bodies already look metallic and shiny to me anywho.

I liked the glow on the old one. I don't use the portal skin so I'm indifferent on the new one. I can see where it looks nice on the dark background.

But part of me thinks if people try to run repeated polls for 3 years to get the glow back on the dragon, and eventually get a majority... TJ should just switch it back to the old dragon and say "Here's your glow, enjoy"

I already mentioned on the other thread how I liked the Gold update, though would have preferred larger, more epic wings on them to better befit their rare status.

I understand making the Sunset male sprite shinier to better match the female sprite... Except I never liked the shiny nature of the female, and *loved* the darker colors of the male. So I'm sad the male Sunset has changed, and I'll miss it...

Really love the new Horse Dragon update though! They seem a little more dragon-like now, which I like. But again, wish the coloring/shading wasn't brightened and it retained the darker purple... It'd be nice if perhaps someday we'd get a different female sprite for the Horse Dragon too.

Edited by bloodonmyfangs

I don't understand what those things sticking off the ... shoulders before the wings are supposed to be. Will someone please tell me because I am very confused with that part of the gold.

Shoulder spikes =)

And before anyone starts whining about those too - they're on the old sprites as well if you look closely. rolleyes.gif

I actually like all the new sprites. I didn't like the golds at first, but now I'm more meh. :/ I love all the slight shading changes though. smile.gif

But also I would be upset if I spent a lot of time collecting my favorite dragon but then a bunch of people decided they hated it and it changed. It almost seems like there's no point when they can change anytime. sad.gif

I didn't even realized the sunrise/set dragons changed.

I'm still a little upset about the gold change. It was a really sudden change and I was just like O_O "WHERE DID OUR LOVELY GOLDS GO" D: xd.png

Oh my goodness, I didn't even realize it but the loss of the glow is exactly what bothered me about the new gold sprites and made them look less... gold. On the parchment skin the glow of the old sprite was a more subtle effect, but still, that's exactly it.

In fact, now that I'm looking at them with that glow added, they look completely amazing and perfect.

Edited by Sadako

That female hatchie is SO. CUTE. biggrin.gif

Sorry about that. I had just grabbed the images from the other threads and didn't realize the female gold hatchie wasn't in the post. It has been added. ^^

~

While the added glow does make the new golds look better for me, I already think they pop too much in lineages because they're so bright. The glow would probably increase the pop and really, really detract from other dragons in the lineage for me. o3o

Sad to say but Nakase is against the glow so it will never be added unless TJ forces her to add it.

Still loving the new golds. Like I said in the old thread, I've been waiting for years for these guys to be released, ever since I first saw them in the original thread. :3 I don't think they need a glow. They're great as they are.

And the new horses are completely awesome. I'm raising six more of them as we speak. I don't collect commons en masse like that, so that's a huge testament to how much I love them. biggrin.gif

I really wouldn't want a gold glow added; it seems like a pretty primitive way to suggest a metallic texture and Nakase already did an excellent job showing this with the shading imo. :) It would also detract from the lovely realism.