CharmedWolf

Birds

OK, people, I need help. I got a new budgie and I have no idea how to name him. It's a little boy. wub.gif So, any ideas? smile.gif

No need for ideas now - I ended up naming him Tyrion. xd.png

I have a soft spot for doves and finches. I also love crows, for how curious they can be and

Ultimately, I think that quetzals are my favorite kind of bird.

I'm currently finishing up raising some baby robins - they're now living free outside 24/7 now, but still come onto our porch for food while they learn how to forage for themselves.

I'll try and get some pics uploaded once I've gotten them all off of my phone.

I'm currently finishing up raising some baby robins - they're now living free outside 24/7 now, but still come onto our porch for food while they learn how to forage for themselves.

Adorable!! I love robins-- they're one of my favorite kinds of birds. I hope you get to see them again!

I'm going to attempt to revive this thread because I'm sure there are a lot of other bird lovers among the dragons! Recently I've been really into caracaras, (A Most Remarkable Creature by Jonathan Meiburg is a great read)!

I'm actually considering going into ornithology when I go into college.

I totally don't like birds, what would make you think that?

I love birds. What I really find fascinating are the ravens. They often represent ancient wisdom and transformation. In some indigenous groups, ravens portray as being mischievous and ill omen.

I was brainw- I mean, raised into a birdwatcher. My family took trips to coasts, shores and wetlands for birdwatching. I started with just locating small cute songbirds, but eventually grew to like the hobby overall. I've been thinking about its vast popularity, and my own theory is that 1) people just like seeing animals, and 2) birds are numerous and easy to spot, as they can live in many different places and they don't hide like mammals do.

I don't really take specific birdwatching trips anymore, I don't even own a pair of binoculars - but observing the surroundings during a normal walk and recognizing the bird species is enjoyable. Just by being happy about the birds we see and talking about them, I've been able to get other people appreciate them more as well. 

There's even a bit of a rarity species hanging around the local area in the summer, and it's fun hearing other local people talk about it during walks: "Oh isn't that the bird over there? How splendid."