CharmedWolf

Birds

I too am also a lover of raptors also! My favourite one would probably be the Peregrine falcon.

Yes! The Peregrine has been my favorite for many years. I love them! <3

Yes! The Peregrine has been my favorite for many years. I love them! <3

So sad what happened with DDT though... Not just for the Peregrines but for all plants and animals affected by it.

So sad what happened with DDT though... Not just for the Peregrines but for all plants and animals affected by it.

So very true. =[

And Lila. Another big yes. Penguins have been my favorite animal ever since I could remember. ^3^

When it is winter like it is now, I really miss waking up to hear birds chirping outside my window. We have a large ornamental pear in the front of our house which songbirds really like nesting and roosting in. Every year though it seems, there's always a mockingbird who loves to sing late at night and wont shut up. I also never look forward to the migratory geese. Not a fan of them.

Favorite bird for me would have to be the robins we get every year in spring.

Also, here's for the penguin lovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK8dplyTHM

Edited by Daydreamer09

i love garden birds, but living in an urban area it's really hard trying to attract them to the garden, they've not touched their seeds, i think i'm going to have to spend a small fortune trying to make my garden a paradise.

Edited by Kaarii_Chan

I absolutely love birds.

I had a parakeet (budgie) for several years before she died. She was the best. She could talk, though in that low, quick budgie voice that's hard to understand. My favorite was her chirp however. A quick chirp-chirp that sounded so happy and cheerful. I know some people on here it drives them nuts when people ask "can it talk?" Doesn't really bother me, but then she could, if you could understand.

She was my bird and she absolutely knew it (I have 3 siblings so...), we got along great. She would cling to my shirt right by my mouth and I would talk to her while wandering around the house doing chores, homework, playing, or whatever and she would mumble and whistle back.

And I could probably run on for paragraphs about my little parakeet, though I'm not sure if it would be interesting to anyone.

I want to get another one as soon as I'm out of college and am living in a place that allows one. However I went to the allergist a while ago and discovered the completely depressing fact that I am allergic to feathers. Not quite sure what to do about that, I've never really contemplated having a pet other than a bird.

I love all the outdoor birds too. At home I can identify every bird that comes to our feeder, and most of them by their song too. I recently moved and in the new climate I keep seeing birds flying around that I can't identify, drives me nuts! I left my bird book at home and I'm not sure how to utilize the internet for such a thing.

Birds are my favourite animal of all time, and I have two Cockatiels. Birds are fluffy, cute and smart. Gotta love 'em all <3

I especially love swallows but I like all the small kinds of birds (which often sit in bushes and make a lot of noise). Birds are amazing! I once watched two nesting sparrows "swearing" at a cat like crazy and the cat actually left!

I have three cockatiels myself smile.gif

Singerboy and Meanboy are both Normal Grey males split to pied, whiteface, and pearl.

Ari is confusing to us, as she has the 'spot gene' which may or may not suppress the pearl gene, we may never know what mutations she actually has!!

Wendy, who was my little girl just passed away suddenly a couple weeks ago. We think she had a stroke sad.gif i found her in perfect condition dead on the bottom of her cage as if she were eating out of the big bowl and just 'fell asleep'

I wil post pictures sometime soon.

And then i have my two zebra finches Lux and Tahny, Lolita passed away to egg binding just two weeks before Wendy mysteriously passed away. We did what we could, but my birds are getting older now, it's harder to keep up with them.

Anyway, Tahny is Lux's daughter

i will post pictures of them to later smile.gif

I've got lotsa birds biggrin.gif

user posted image

Menchi, Blue Headed Pionus

user posted image

Yoshi, Red-sided eclectus

user posted image

Bitey, black capped conure

user posted image

Woody, cockatiel

user posted image

Left: Demetri, Budgie

Right: Pixel, Budgie

user posted image

Left: Bork Bork, Bourke's Parakeet

Right: Checkers, Zebra finch

They have cages, but they are not caged. The doors are all proped open and they are free to do whatever they want. They mostly just play on the jungle gyms on top of their cages, or play with toys inside of their cages.

I really love wild birds too. They are so fun to watch. I think birds are so adorable. I recently found a crow that someone shot at with a bebe gun. It's keel bone was broken and its wing was shattered. I took it to the vet, but they ended up euthanizing it. I cried for so long, I was heartbroken and angry.

I have a blue budgie like yours... its mate died sad.gif

i recently got a new cockatiel, a cinnamon whiteface. his name is Tobi. <3 maybe ill get pictures up here sometime.

I'm currently studying biology and putting a focus on ornithology. smile.gif I love birds with a passion. In middle school, while most girls were worried about their clothes and hair and boys, I was out in the woods with my binoculars, heh.

I'm a part of a wildlife society at my college and we're having a raptor show in a month. Hoping to get up close and personal with some owls and a bald eagle!

I have a bird feeder hanging from a tree in front of my house. The regulars there are:

-An entire sparrow army

-A cardinal mom, dad, and their 3 latest fledglings

-A pair of obnoxious chickadees

-5 european starlings

-1 house wren

-1 house finch

-1 northern mockingbird

-1 gray catbird

-1 mourning dove

-1 squirrel

Wild

Birds of prey and the smart ones like parrots and ravens

My two cockatiels. One flies into the room I'm in and squawks to the other one to follow and she squawks back to him telling him to come back

I adore birds with all my heart (I owned two), especially parrots. I love them. wub.gif

And also owls. My mum got me hooked to those creatures. smile.gif

I love birds, I used to have a parakeet who I loved very much. I had a lot of one on one time with him so he would let me pick him up and rub his belly and head. I'd also let him out of his cage and he'd make himself cozy on my head or shoulder as I went about my business. I also adore Owls. wub.gif

Edited by KaelaBoo24

OK, people, I need help. I got a new budgie and I have no idea how to name him. It's a little boy. wub.gif So, any ideas? smile.gif

user posted image

(I apologize for cruddy image quality, this was taken and uploaded from my phone.)

--OH DEAR THAT PHOTO IS BIG OOPS I APOLOGIZE

(sadly i cannot resize it, i am on my phone)

This is my baby, Mojo. I got him for Christmas around two years ago. He wasn't hand-tamed at the time, but my mother and I were very patient with him, and now he climbs all over us with no problem at all. He won't let us pet him for very long-- he still seems uncomfortable with us touching him sometimes, and that led us to believe that he was mistreated by his previous owner somehow. My poor little baby. Being a male, he loves to sing, and it's fun to sing back to him. It's obvious that he listens-- he'll just sit and stare at you, crest rising up and down sometimes as you sing. It's adorable. From us, he's learned the Adam's Family theme, Indiana Jones, and my... Town Tune, from Animal Crossing.