Raun

How Is Your Luck With Genders?

I usually, but not always, have good luck with it.

My marrows, for example, gendered boy/girl (1 each) with out any influencing on my part, I was thrilled. My vampire also gendered male, as I was hoping, since I liked the male sprite better.

My Christmas dragons from this year, however, were not as nice. They're both boys. (I actually meant to give one to my sis, but she didn't get it before it grew up due to computer issues.)

I began to doubt female guard dragons existed when I kept failing to get one. (In a time before influencing.)

Same with the mints, only in reverse, I didn't think I'd ever get a male. And the first one I got was because influencing came out and I used it!

FAIL.

http://dragcave.net/user/Rathurue

As you can see the ratio of female:male is 2:1 or something like that. Even with those Pinks influencing the Thunder Dragon, it STILL comes out female.

Am i a chick magnet or something?

For the most part, good. I have a pretty balanced male/female ratio. tongue.gif

Except for too many of the dreaded stairstep gender fails...

EDIT; I also realized that MANY of my species pitch towards a certain gender. Sometimes having JUST that gender.

Edited by Anquatic

Good as long as I don't name it something masculine/feminine. If I do it'll always end up opposite of its namesake, no question about it =P

At the moment not very good. two weeks ago I had my first influence fail and since then it happend quite often sad.gif

I normally have really good luck with genders, even without influencing the genders. I've never had an influence fail, and I'm severely hoping that I never do, as most of the ones I influence are traded for/gifted to me...

My luck with genders tends to be bad. Even on other adoptable sites, they always seem to gender male; when I first started DC, out of 10 dragons, only 1 gendered female and that trait continued for awhile too. Unless I wanted a male, in which case they'd gender female, as if to mock me. dry.gif

I've had to gather an army of pinks now, so went I want a specific gender, I can influence them. biggrin.gif

Never had an influence fail (that I know of), so pretty good really. Most of the time I don't bother to unless for a lineage or such.

I always.... ALWAYS.... get females if I don't influence. Every once and a while I'll get a non-influences male but that's rare for me.

>.< I had even genders on my scrolls then had a huge explosion of females.

Normally it's a joke... even with influence it's sad. Once in a while I get lucky. I've lucked out so far, now to see if the influence on my 4th Royal Blue worked.

I'm jealous of those of you that have never had an influence fail.

Most of the time I get a female. Luckily we have influence, it never fails me.

Have to say that with the BSA influence feature had no troubles of my dragons gendering what I'd hope them to be. Before the BSA influence feature had a good majority of them turning out female.

I've generally not had a problem with genders since Influence came into effect, but with this past release, Influence doesn't seem to be as reliable as it once was. I've influenced most of my hatchies, but a lot of them haven't gendered the way I needed them to and I'm testosterone-heavy. Anyone else seen a lot more Influence-fails this time around??

@OceanSecret - uhm the Christmas 2011 dragons are males - ALL of them.

Edited by oddsoxdi

Well, I started out with a crap-load of males, but then I started to get more females, so now everything is nice and almost equal ^O^ Haven't had an influence fail... yet.

New update:

ALL of my royals were FEMALE!

Munch on that.

(Luckily, got a trade for male ones on the trading section.

Also, got 2 more eggs. Now is the time to wish that those pinks' Influence got it right this time.)

If the egg was caught by me, it will hatch and gender female. If I trade for it, it will hatch and gender male. smile.gif Very interesting eh?

When I hope my eggs are male, they're female, and vice versa. >:I

Then all my hatchlings/eggs are the dominant gender for a week.

Edited by FlyingDragona

I've been collecting loads of CB skywings for when I get further in my project, and of all 18 of the ones I have unnamed, only three are female. I killed three of the males for zombie fodder last Halloween because I just have too many. No wonder this lineage has taken so long >.>

I never really have gender luck, since I use influence for pretty much everything. I have had two influence fails though. Take that as you wish.

I normally influence anything that matters, but I have two RBs that coincidentally gendered opposite uninfluenced, keeping my M/F ratio for them nice and even. smile.gif