Raun

How Is Your Luck With Genders?

I have been pretty darn lucky with genders, it's always pretty even...of course some dragons are just vengeful and refuse to gender properly (I had three different eggs from one couple gender female when I needed a male, even WITH influence), but there's not much I can do about that. tongue.gif There's no overwhelming trend one direction or another, and aside from the aforementioned incident, influence hasn't failed me yet! -knock on wood-

I was about to say all of my Christmas dragons are the same gender as each other, until I read on wiki that they're gender specific... I'm an idiot. ノಥ_益ಥ)ノ

I've never had one go wrong. I do use influence a lot, but it always works for me. (Lets hope I didn't just jinx it)

I haven't ever tried Influence. Hmmm....*goes to look up the stuff on Wiki*

I haven't ever tried Influence. Hmmm....*goes to look up the stuff on Wiki*

From the DC Wiki, in case you haven't found it:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Breed_specific_actions

Pink Dragons can influence the gender of eggs, increasing the chance that that egg will be the gender of the influencer. Bright Pink dragons do not have this ability, however. Only eggs with more than 3 days left can be influenced, and abandoning an egg will cause it to lose its influence, though the egg can be influenced again by the new owner as long as it has more than 3 days left. The gender of a dragon is determined at the moment it hatches and cannot be affected in the hatchling stage, even by abandoning. This action has a cooldown period of 7 days. This was also the first breed specific action to be implemented.

And check your PM box at the top right hand corner where it says "# New Messages". smile.gif

Edited by miladyz

Hmmm, I'd say about even right now if I let things go 50:50. Most of the time though, my eggs all come out influenced so the ratio is definitely skewed. In the past without influence I used to get more females than males though.

From the DC Wiki, in case you haven't found it:

http://dragcave.wikia.com/wiki/Breed_specific_actions

And check your PM box at the top right hand corner where it says "# New Messages". smile.gif

Oh, thank you!

And I will. biggrin.gif I'm used to boards that pop up or send a little message or something. I didn't even notice I had some messages! xd.png

I used to have a terrible overabundance of males on my scroll. I didn't like the old style pinks, so I didn't have any... but I had a whole bunch of purples, back when they were female-only, just to keep up my breeding stock. Nowdays I only breed specific lineages, or for specific results, so I usually don't care what gender the eggs I get come out to be. I do use Influence when I do care, and I haven't had it fail yet. -cross talons-

Rarely does a dragon gender correctly if i don't influence it

The joy of finding out that it gendered wrong is absolutely astonishing

Tinsels are the most stubborn ones when it comes to gendering

NOT ONE TINSEL gendered right for me without the influence

Before Influence existed, I was lucky with my Silvers. Got two eggs, hatched to be one male, one female.

Now, I have yet to have an influence fail.

HOWEVER, when I don't influence I get mostly females.

The last four dragons to grow up on my scroll turned out to be female. I haven't gotten a male nebula in forever. My scroll is becoming slightly female-heavy. :/

EDIT: Ugh, I hope I didn't jinx myself with the Influence comment... >.>;

Also, I have 121 males and 145 females.

Edited by Ali'i Makani Pahili

I can tell which gender the dragons will be approximately from their code.

I'm pretty good with names, and I know a whole load, along with random names that I make up myself. For example, one of my dragons, Myiki, had the code Mq7ki that reminded me of Myiki, which I randomly created and decided was a girl's name, and it turned out to be a girl.

This method hasn't failed since.

Lately, my luck with genders has been terrible... dry.gif

I like to use influence but sadly, I have no female pinks unsure.gif

Before the Pinks got their BSA, I had considerably more females than males to begin with. It did balance out somewhat - but I still ended up with four female CB Pumpkins and no males (I hadn't got a Pink when Pumpkins came out).

However, since the Pink BSA the only time I haven't had a single failure - my dragons have always gendered as I've influenced them to do. The only time it did fail was when I gifted hubby a couple of Dark Myst Pygmies and influenced them before I sent them over as he doesn't have any Pinks and certainly one influence failed.

my luck is usually okay, except when it comes to Nebulas. I get only male Nebula hatchies. I've given away several males and the only female on my scroll I traded for. it's now my theory that female Nebulas are shy. unsure.gif

If I remember correctly, I haven't had a single influence failure yet. If I don't influence, then it's usually because I don't care about its gender. tongue.gif Before I had any pinks, the only dragons that seemed to never gender the way I wanted them to were tinsels with stairstep lineages. Something like 9/10 gendered the wrong way. xd.png But with influence, I'm pretty lucky. I haven't had any major disappointments yet.

Super good. I don't have any pinks on my scroll, and 80% of my genders are exactly how I wanted them.

Mine is pretty good, even before influence I've always had a good ratio between male and females. Come to think of it, my first four dragons actually gendered 50/50. XP

Right now, according to DC Records, I have 678 Females and 636 Males. Not too bad considering I have over 1,400 dragons. xd.png

Mine tend to go in runs, particularly if I've influenced only one egg in a current batch. The whole set often ends up the same gender as the one influenced egg. blink.gif I had no idea pinks were so powerful! xd.png

The only really noticeable failed influence I had was my moonstones but since I had influenced one of each it didn't really matter that it was they gendered the opposite of what I'd influenced (and then they went and refused... dry.gif ).

My scroll has an abundance of females much to my annoyance XO it's real irritating when i wanna breed them but have not enough males. And since I only have 2 pinks... Well... >_<

It's pretty balanced, though I have a bit more females than males.

And I usually let them gender on their own.

My scroll usually seems to run amok with estrogen, if I leave it alone. Influencing was going well for me...

...until today. When THREE dragons all decided to gender incorrectly! One of them hadn't been influenced, though I *think* it may have been by the previous owner because it was a trade. The other two, I'd influenced. But nooOOOooo. Just had to go and be rebels!

Influencing works well, but it seems that if I leave them alone all of my dragons gender the same way... like I'll have an entire group of hatchlings gender on the same day and all gender female.

My even-gens always gender female, and I just noticed this when I was looking through my scroll for neat breeding pairs to try. >.> Dragons are mysterious beings.

Either I had two influence faliures in a row today, or I influenced them wrong, or I missed something obvious, probably the third option.

According to DC Records, I have 56 female and 44 male. That's a pretty big difference, considering how small my scroll is. It seems like all my Pinks gender female. I have 3 female Pinks and 0 male, so if I need a male to continue a line, I'm at the mercy of my hatchling!

But some breeds just don't want to have a diverse gender on my scroll. All 3 of my Harvests gendered male - without influence (because I have no male Pinks). All 3 of my CB Shadow Walkers also gendered male, but I traded one for a female hatchling.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl