Raun

How Is Your Luck With Genders?

Ah, the joys of waiting to find genders!

Four eggs, I figure I'll get at least one female right?

Wrong! xd.png I check my dragons and now have four adorable little Whiptail boys! Ah, well...

Maybe my new eggs will be heavy on the ladies. tongue.gif

So, how is your luck with getting the genders you want?

Awful as long as I don't influence.

Otherwise they almost always gender wrong and I hatch many more males than females.

But on some breeds I seem to get only females, as for the Electrics. I had one male and after four females in a row, I influenced one egg male, and guess what, it again gendered female dry.gif

But now I finally got another male!

I always assumed that the system would automatically try to balance your male/female ratio. But, apparently not. Because I get nothing but females for five months and then for one month, nothing but males. My ratio is always somewhere like 20 female/1 male. I could understand back when I hoarded Purples when they were a female only breed, but now? It's really annoying. I hate having to influence every single egg. x_x;

Edited by MysticTiger

My luck is quite good. Influence has not failed so far. smile.gif

My luck is quite good. Influence has not failed so far. smile.gif

Nor mine, but I still have no luck trying to get female pinks without influence. In fact, I only have one female pink. dry.gif

In the beginning it was bad: a lot of females and no males around. Then I learned about "influence"! My life changed, although the Sunsets are mostly female and the Sunrises are always gendering male. dry.gif

Influence fixed the past problems I had with gender. Ah, but before influence...yeah, nothing like needing something like a CB Gold of one gender and then having it gender wrong and having to get another one and cross your fingers. xd.png

I don't have any Pinks myself, so I'm just hoping! laugh.gif

I don't really mind, but I was going "....ALL four are boys? REALLY? ohmy.gif "

Right now, I'm eyeballing my eggs and going "At least two of you better be girls..."

I have too few Pinks to influence my CB Deep Seas (grabbed to fill space when I can't breed) - and so they all gender female. >_>

I don't really mind, but I was going "....ALL four are boys? REALLY? ohmy.gif "

Right now, I'm eyeballing my eggs and going "At least two of you better be girls..."

I strongly recommend grabbing some (and some reds) when you get some space, because you'd think that it has to even out eventually but not so much. I remember, back before influence, people would have scrolls that were massively tilted one way or the other and they'd finally have to line up people to trade gendered hatchlings with, so scrolls can be fairly wonky. And every week or so we'd have someone show up and ask if there scroll was broken because it had all one gender. xd.png

The pinks are certainly an incredible time saver.

My luck? Pretty good :]

My genders are basically 50/50, I only use influence if it was to continue a line, and my influences never fail ^^(atleast for now, lol.)

PM me if you'd like me to breed you a male and a female Pink.

I can Influence them and hatch them so that the genders stay. smile.gif

For me, my dragons all seem to gender female if I don't Influence them.

I've only had Influence fail once or twice so far.

When I don't influence my scroll tends to go REALLY female heavy xd.png!

Edited by Reidragon

I've got enough influences that I don't usually leave stuff up to luck any more. ^-^;

Same here, unless I don't care what gender it becomes.

I'm almost never strict about genders, but recently my luck has been going sour when I need it most. Since i joined the site I had never had an influence fail, but very recently, I had 3 influences fail. When it's something important, like continuing a lineage, I always get the opposite gender. And my Pinks like to all gender female, so now I've been influencing my Pinks male so I can increase the amount of male Pinks on my scroll.

Overall, though, my female to male ratio is pretty good. Nearly 50/50.

for me it´s very pending.. sometimes and with some breeds I have no luck at all, even with influence they seem to gender wrong.

other times everything genders perfect. for example, had 10 of the halloweens I caught this year gender exactly right without any influence at all tongue.gif

I suffered a lot with gendering at first D: They would always gender the opposite of what I needed >.> But after a while they start to balance out. Although now I rely on my Pinks 100% :3 they haven't failed me until now.

P.S. If anyone is in dire need of Pinks PM me, I have no problem with breeding some to those who need them. I know it's hard to find them in the AP sometimes.

If they're uninfluenced, they tend to gender female. When they're uninfluenced and I hope for a certain gender, they seem to enjoy turning out to be the opposite too. :P

If I don't use influence, I get females. If I'm not actively pursuing a lineage project I tend not to use influence, leading to some pretty terrible gender imbalances. 1 male to 5+ females for example, which has happened with at least two species for me. Trying to balance them out can be a pain later on, but I've been neglecting my pink army so I keep running out of male influences anyway, meh.

Well, knock on wood, Influence has not failed me yet. I seem to have average luck in my dragons gendering a certain ratio when I don't influence. Sometimes a new release will gender about right, sometimes mostly female or male. Overall though, my scroll is very balanced.

I currently have 257 adult males and 260 adult females.

My scroll is mostly female, so I tend to get males although it isn't an ongoing trend *knocks on wood just in case*. But have you seen my Blacks? Two females out of nine dragons. Two! It's ridiculous! Although I do like the male Alts better so... there's a plus to my little predicament. And I have Pinks if I'm desperate.

EDIT: According to the Allure of Neglected Dragons, things are begining to even themselves out. I have seventy-three females and sixty-three males.

Edited by HawktalonOfRiverClan