KrystalSharz

Reviewing Descriptions

About how many descriptions do you review each week?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was reviewing dragon descriptions today, as well as writing a few for my own dragons, and I came across this,

"Sorry, we couldn't find any descriptions for you to check. This probably means that there aren't very many descriptions left that you haven't checked already. Refresh and you may see more."

Are we really that low on descriptions to review?!?

Last time we had the huge "Review All the Descriptions" Day, we had like another 5k to go, so what happened to them all?

Congrats to everyone who helped with that, because apparently it paid off! :-) Now my dragons get approved in at least an hour, no more waiting.

So do you review descriptions often? I jsut want to know how many people actually review...

Sorry KS, that would be my fault... Ever sence I got back from florida (two days ago) I've been skipping between doing recolors, banners, and reviewing descriptions. I keep getting ones that are only a sentence or two long... sad.gif

What the heck?!

I voted for the last for I didn't even know I could review descriptions and found out about the option right now laugh.gif

Started to review straight off smile.gif

I normally review around 50+ per week, although I've been kinda lazy/busy lately (well, mostly lazy, lol)…

I don't review them consistently because there isn't a convenient way to point out spelling and grammar errors in the commentary box.

I wish there'd been an option for "I don't review regularly" or something along those lines. Although, lately, my reviewing has been more than irregular, it's been nonexistant. xd.png I hate going through descriptions that I can't give full criticism on because of the word limit. I'd love to be able to edit other people's descriptions, but I can't, so it feels like an aggravating chore. That's why I haven't been bothering.

I used to try and do more but now that the backlog has cleared... I did VERY few when I was on dial up, and I don't do them when I am in my other home, as we are on capped internet there. So I am very patchy. Sometimes I will do 100+ in a week... other times - not. So I put 10 as a sort of vague average.

I don't review them consistently because there isn't a convenient way to point out spelling and grammar errors in the commentary box.

Well, you can try quoting their sentence and using brackets to insert what's wrong with the grammar and spelling, etc.

Example: Dragon #1 is vary evil likes to kill and eat people.

"Dragon #1 is [very] evil[,] likes to kill[,] and eat people." would go in the comments box. Then I hit reject. If there isn't enough space... well, I've corrected one part of their description for them and I'll just tell them to check grammar and spelling.

I just fit in as many of the errors as I can and if there are TOO many then I reject. If it's just one spelling or something I will abstain on the basis that it can easily be edited.

Well, I just added several descriptions to my dragons, so there might be more in the queue now. tongue.gif

Well, you can try quoting their sentence and using brackets to insert what's wrong with the grammar and spelling, etc.

"Dragon #1 is [very] evil[,] likes to kill[,] and eat people." would go in the comments box. Then I hit reject. If there isn't enough space... well, I've corrected one part of their description for them and I'll just tell them to check grammar and spelling.

I kind of do that, but say this is someone's description:

this dragon is verry strong and helps out alot.png

The I would say: The word "this" needs an uppercase "t", "verry" is one "r", "alot" is two words: "a lot", and you need a period at the end. Other than that, you did good. You can make it longer though.

(And let's just say the dragon has no name.)

See, this doesn't go over the limit and I know because I often do this. You help with edits without making a huge quote on what they made, and if you can't fit everything in, just put what you can and then when it comes around again, then you can tell them the rest. Someone did that for me when my mistakes where long words (I often have trouble with longer words) and they couldn't fit in everything. My dragon named Porthos had many things that people didn't like in the description, so that person reviewed it many times giving me hints on ways to better word it. This may take longer, but it gets the job done, right? They give the time to think it up, so we should give the time to check it up. I also had a description of all numbers once... The dragon's name was the only letter word and all the rest where four diget numbers. Just told them that they can't do that so instead of trying to figure out what they where saying and put it all in words on the comment box (and I'm sure it was cut off). Simple ways to fix simple problems! Hope this helped everyone! wink.gif

Another example:

"Dragon #1 is [very] evil[,] likes to kill[,] and eat people."

Could also be:

"vary" is "very", and add a comma after "evil" and "kill".

It is shorter so you can fix more if needed... Heck, you could even do:

"vary"->"very". "evil "-> "evil, ". "kill "->"kill, ".

(The ".png' />" shouldn't be in the fake description, and I don't know why it is. The "alot" in the fake description should also not be the pic., but I can't change it.)