TJ09

2012-01-01 - Happy New Year!

Oh gosh, I'm just now seeing this thread. xd.png

Congrats to the winners and Happy New Year to all! biggrin.gif

May 2012 bring better things than 2011.

Edited by Diem Adrienne

Well I did manage to PM two others who won. I'll be stalking (but definitely not bugging!) them tongue.gif

Anyone else here win? *evil thoughts*

I would say that this is the main reason why people are not posting they win in the thread (next to that they have not checked they email or don't have forum account).

I don't think it's nice dry.gif I think this is actually quite rude - pm stranger out of the blue and wanting 2gen rare...some (or most?) will ask it for free

Given that there is a picture of a Tinsel next to the announcement in the 2011 Holiday Event thread, I reckon they will be Tinsels. Also TJ says 'prizes will be given out'... Prize Dragon = Tinsel. laugh.gif

There could be a *new* prize dragon. The picture of the tinsel doesn't mean much, as TJ might not want to spoil it by putting a picture of an unreleased dragon in a news announcement. A picture of a tinsel would get the idea of "prize dragon" across without spoiling. (Plus, he gets to keep us guessing that way. tongue.gif) Also, even the winners themselves who've posted here don't seem to know what they're getting. At this point, we can really only speculate.

I would say that this is the main reason why people are not posting they win in the thread (next to that they have not checked they email or don't have forum account).

I don't think it's nice dry.gif I think this is actually quite rude - pm stranger out of the blue and wanting 2gen rare...some (or most?) will ask it for free

I wouldn't ask it to be free! This is their special gift, and if they say they don't want anything, then it is their gift to us. I'd offer a GoN for one (if only I had a magma and ice)! Heck, I'd even offer five hundred rares if that be what they wish!! We shouldn't take advantage of their good fortune, and they don't take advantage of us, do they?

If you are patient enough, luck will always find it's way to you! Seek the peace of mind and freedom of heart, for then fortune and prosperity will seek you. Though remember, fortune isn't always the best, for it can get the better of us.

Well I did manage to PM two others who won. I'll be stalking (but definitely not bugging!) them tongue.gif

Anyone else here win? *evil thoughts*

I don't think it's nice  dry.gif I think this is actually quite rude - pm stranger out of the blue and wanting 2gen rare...some (or most?) will ask it for free

^I agree with you hellhunt, If I ever win in the future, I definitely wont answer such PM's, I'll block them!!

-----------

Edited to add:

If I were a winner (which I'm not), I would definitely reply to all PM's. I think it incredibly rude not to reply, even if their PM box is full and they aren't taking requests, it wouldn't take a minute to tell someone that in a polite message.

To clarify what I ment (should have wrote above): I would only answer people who offer something for a trade, but not all the beggers!

Edited by Izabelle-89

Is there any winner who took a screenshot of the page he had to fill out before submitting it?

^I agree with you hellhunt, If I ever win in the future, I definitely wont answer such PM's, I'll block them!!

If I were a winner (which I'm not), I would definitely reply to all PM's. I think it incredibly rude not to reply, even if their PM box is full and they aren't taking requests, it wouldn't take a minute to tell someone that in a polite message.

Noo! Don't you remember? We're all gonna die on the 21st of december! *mumbles under breath* idiots (not you guys... the people who say we are all gonna die then). NO ONE WILL KNOW WHEN WE WILL DIE!!! Ok, say you are one of the Mayan people writing the calander... Would you like to carve in stone for hundreds of thousands of years? Anyways, the Mayan carving that could have died after they carved in 2012, but before they carved in 2013. And then non of the other Mayans knew they died, so they didn't continue the calanders. Didn't you know that we all died on 0:00 2000? Yep, this isn't me posting this, and it isn't you celebrating the 2012 new year.

PEOPLE, GET OVER THAT "12/21/12 Apocalips/World will explode" STUFF! (wanted to say another word, but thought better of it...) Anywhoo...

HAPPY NEW YEAR! laugh.gif

I can't remember how many times I've heard the world is going to end on such and such day, and that day passes and we're still all here. It'll be the same Dec 21, 2012. When the world comes to an end, we more than likely won't know, so why should people worry about it.

IMO, it's worth a reply if you offer to trade; I've had lots of luck asking to trade rather than asking if they'll do it for me for free, in my history anyway. I can see why they'd not want to reply if you're basically asking them to gift an egg to you - it's kinda like randomly asking a thousand pounds from someone when they don't even know you... XD

While begging is certainly rude. If someone asks the winner politely about it I don't see the harm.

Inquiring, while persistent and aggressive is somewhat necessary to get at these new dragons. Unless you know the CB owners, or win a contest. Trading and AP stalking is the only way people can get 2nd gens.

Who knows, maybe the winners wanted people to know they won so they get offers. I wouldn't know because I'm not them. Heck some winners might just like gifting.

IMO, it's worth a reply if you offer to trade; I've had lots of luck asking to trade rather than asking if they'll do it for me for free, in my history anyway. I can see why they'd not want to reply if you're basically asking them to gift an egg to you - it's kinda like randomly asking a thousand pounds from someone when they don't even know you... xd.png

But it sometimes works... *stares at 3rd gen Tinsel, and at thousand pounds in bank account* biggrin.gif

Anyways, I would advise offering something in return, as FortyTwo said, if you are going to go stalking all the Tinsel owners. Heck, raffle winners owners aren't posting here because of all the pleading PM's they will get.

Well if everyone is so eager to PM the winners, why not let the winners PM us? It seems like the right thing to do so then they aren't bugged by everyone begging and asking for eggs. Also, that way no one will be rude by ignoring the PMs that the non-winners are sending out. Hey... by the way, did anyone get any news on if there is a new prize tinsle or what?

If I won, no one would know, and I wouldn't breed my tinsel until a few months later (or not at all) for others. If I had a Holly, I wouldn't mind posting. ~w~ ninja.gif

And I want a 2nd gen. tinsel... I just don't think I'll get one, but it's fine~ I have pretty tinsels already. tongue.gif

Aw, nada porchada. Owell, always next year ^^

Grats everyone who won! And er, happy belated new years x3

I figure it can't hurt to ask, especially if one is willing to offer trades to the best of their ability. I have pm'ed winners too, but I offered to give ND, 2nd gen metallic (never have managed to catch a CB tongue.gif), and/or 3rd gen offspring from Spriters' Alts in exchange happy.gif And if they say no, I'm okay with that.

I wouldn't breed my tinsel until a few months later (or not at all) for others.

And I want a 2nd gen. tinsel...

Wow. Nice.

On a (slightly) unrelated note, I'm a bit tired of seeing the "sigh", "disappointed", "grumble" posts tbh. Reminds me of the "I didn't get an iphone for christmas" twitter posts.

I'd like to offer a heartfelt congratulations to the winners, I sincerely hope you enjoy your prizes, and thanks to the DC team for making an enjoyable event for us to participate in.

To the complainers, I'd like to offer some cheese to go with your whine.

rolleyes.gif

I didn't win but i dont care. I have all i want now because i got a holly at christmas a cb black and some better lineaged tinsels. So all who won congrats i recommend not posting for a while or just keepnig ur inbox full.

Yes, I feel bad for the winners, in a way. That's why I made sure to ask very nicely, and offer anything and everything I have. That's just sad that people want the winner's eggs for free, tinsel's need more respect, everyone is getting them far to easily these days dry.gif