Arwen17

Holly vs. Neglected vs. Guardian of Nature

Which Do You Think Is Rarer?  

436 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hollies can be obtained through breeding and I see that their numbers are slowly increasing year by year as more users get them so I put them as third. GONs are hard to summon for me as I have yet to get one and always keep getting the same old msg every time I tried the BSA. Neglecteds are also hard to get as I do not know how to and too lazy to get them. My previous experiments years ago failed either because I ERed them too late or they just didnt turn. Haha.

I say the GoN and Hollies are equal. Both are quite rare and difficult to obtain. Neglecteds are hard, but their available year-round, making it 3rd. GoNS have lots of trouble to get one, and Hollies are rare in terms of dates and availability.

I'd say GoNs are hollies are about equal, with neglecteds a little behind both. I'd even consider CB metals rarer than NDs. I've got one each of holly and neglected and both my GoNs.

I think that GoN would be the rarest. It's not a matter of what someone can personally get or not. The fact is, the process to get the ability can be difficult, then the actual chance of a successful summon is low. You can only try every two weeks, but it is still a low percent chance every time you try. Some people have been trying since the beginning and never got one. Everyone can but that doesn't mean they will. That and with a fixed limit + no breeding, I'm sure the numbers are far lower than Hollies.

Hollies increase every year thanks to breeding and potential multi-clutches. Even if only twenty hollies breed, with an average clutch of 3, that's 60 more Hollies in the system. The only real limit is time.

Neglected, as far as I know, have a set method to get them, the method appears to work, and if someone just tries with a little luck, they can make them as many times as they have the time and energy for. I'm seeing them more and more in the trading threads, so I'm inclined to believe they're far less rare than GoN, and maybe just as or slightly less rare than Hollies.

GoN and holly are equal.

i don't consider neglecteds as 'rare', they are just highly wanted. if everyone knew how to make them, i seriously believe that they wouldn't be so coveted.

holly dragons are only available once a year and more people join in that time so they are in high demand all the time.

GoNs seem to be based on luck and you only have once every two weeks to do it. so it's almost like a shiny pokemon. except it's more like 11% instead of .01% lol.

1. Neglected (is the Rarest ohmy.gif )

2. Holly (I got one fortunately, I didn't believe it T.T)

3. GoN (sooner or later if you have trios you get the 2 limit)

Hollies are probably rarest currently, but their numbers are going to increase quite profoundly with each winter season, so it will probably surpass neglected soon if it hasn't already.

I find NDs are the rarest. As Ashywolf said, Holly numbers will increase with each season, and GoNs are quite a bit easier to obtain now. But heading on to my third year of DC and owning both a Holly and GoN and still missing an ND... I definitely feel Neglecteds are the rarest. Unbreedable, incredibly finicky to obtain.

Neglecteds, I almost want to say no contest. Hollys can breed, and GoNs are easy to create once you have the materials(though I do realize not everyone has a trio.).

The order would probably be Neglected>GoN>Holly, now, if we're talking CB Hollys or something, that may be a little different.

It's interesting to see the changes which have taken place in the years since this thread was started.

Hollies are picking up fast nowadays, there seem to be a lot more Neglecteds and we can now try to Summon 3 GoNs: think I'll vote for the ultimately unexpandable (per capita - limit of 3 per person, no breeding of their own sprites,) GoN population as rarest, even though I've really no idea. laugh.gif

I have Hollies and GoNs but I don't have any Neglecteds. For me, Neglecteds are the rarest dragons.

I have all three (one Holly, two GoNs, and two NDs with another coming in soon) but I'm going with NDs. Hollies can be obtained quite easily in season now, and GoNs are easy to get once you have the necessary materials and some patience. Neglecteds however require a level of precision (timing it perfectly), patience (having an egg slot taken up for a week), and failure repercussions (dead egg) that most people wouldn't be able to get one, even through trading.

I went with GoN being the rarest ultimately. Here's my somewhat math based answer.

Hollys can be bred every Christmas and they always produce at least one egg. Every year there are more eggs than the next.

Next, people can attempt to create Neglecteds any time of the year. Whether they succeed every time or not does not matter. There are always more being created.

Now Guardian of Nature. Every scroll is *limited* to three. And that's assuming that people have been able to acquire the necessary dragons to summon. Then they have to succeed in summoning. I spent over a year of summoning before I got my first. And then I spent over a year of summoning to get my second. Now that I have my third, I will not get anymore. They do not produce GoN when breeding.

The max number of GoN that can exist is 3 per scroll x how ever many scrolls there are on DC. There will never be more than 3 per scroll. Practically speaking, neglecteds might be rarer but more can always be made. So, I'm going with the one that there is a real limit on.

GoN. They are limited to 3 on each scroll and it can take ages to summon them.

Hollies can be bred only once a year and while there must be more Hollies around with every passing year I would not say they are easily obtained. I have two DC friends who have been playing DC quite longer than I do and they have 0 Hollies. Then, it must be also said that if we make a difference between "collecting the sprite only" and "collecting short lineaged Hollies" you will find that the short lineaged ones are far from "easily obtained".

Neglects? Easy to make, once you know/learn how to create them - all you need is egg space and an egg that is willing to turn. It is also not necessary to take up an egg slot for a week, you can take eggs from the AP. And you can get them all year around. If I did not collect other breeds and had no breeding projects, I would probably have a scroll full with NDs by now as I would do nothing else.

For me personally, Neglecteds are rarest. I only have one. I've been lucky with summoning so I have 3 GoNs, and I have a few non CB Hollies on my scroll (and I seem to have a little luck catching at least one or two in the AP every year). However, I definitely think that GoNs are the rarest for most people, and the rarest in general via the number of them in existence (we can only have 3, where as we can have unlimited Hollies and Neglecteds, so I'm sure there are far more of the latter site wide).

I believe GoN and Neglected are equally rare. However, I think that GoN frozen hachtlings are much more rare than Neglected frozen hatchlings.

Edited by NekoA

I have neither of the breeds mentioned, but I would say Neglected. On other people's scrolls, I can recall seeing more GoNs and Hollies than them.