Arwen17

Holly vs. Neglected vs. Guardian of Nature

Which Do You Think Is Rarer?  

436 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well since so many of us fail at summoning all the time, I was wondering... do you think GoN is the rarest or will eventually become the rarest?

The thing about Hollies and Neglecteds is that they will slowly become more common as people work towards them through trading or whatever. Whereas the chances of GoNs remain the same. What do you think?

And I count my blessings for what I already have, but god I just wish summon would work for once.

Edited by Arwen17

Hollies are finally starting to pick up on the breeding curve, so I expect they'll become less rare soon.

Neglecteds can be found year-round, so they appear less rare than Hollies.

But I think GoNs are the rarest. It can be difficult to activate Summon in the first place, then you only get one try every two weeks with very low chances... and you can't trade for one.

Well, I have a Holly and have successfully made a ND (traded away), so I'd have to say GoN.

Hurr, I've got my Hollies and my GoNs and can't get Neglecteds.

Hopefully Holly value won't have depreciated so much that I can't swap for some next Christmas.

Personally, I think GoN's are the most common. I mean, you can get them all year round without any conseqeunces.

ND's are next, still available all year round but the chances of hatching it successfully are low, and it could possibly die.

Then Hollies, because they still elude lots of people and they are only available at Christmas.

I think GoNs are the rarest ones, and that's only because you first have to collect one of each Trio and then try to summon it... Surely some has really much luck with that, but most people hasn't such luck to get them on the first ten tries.

Even though you can get GoNs and NDs all year round, and Hollies are only available during Christmas, I still see very few GoNs during the year while I see lots and lots of NDs and Hollies compare to them.

I don't know if Hollies have really become less rare or if it;s just the perception, but I noticed a lot of people who were hoping to be gifted a Holly had a lot of conditions on what they would take - even wanting low gens. I don't think I've really seen that in the previous years, so that may be an indication of Holly population change in a big way.

It's true that everyone can get a GoN year round, but being capped at two and with the success rate so low, I know that I don't see all that many of them in hatcheries.

And as for NDs, those can be made by anyone, and I'm seeing more of them on people's scrolls than I would have guessed.

So, while I couldn't really guess at the rarity right now, it seems to me like the Holly and ND population might be seeing the most growth.

This is a tricky question.

In a trading perspective, I'd say Neglected are the rarest, Hollies coming in a close second. ND's can go for quite a pretty penny and I was lucky to have been able to trade for two when Tinsels were still 'rare'. Hollies are a bit less rare because people are more willing to gift them over ND's. ND's take a lot of time, skill, and practice to be able to make. Time I really don't have, so I rely on trading to get them, as do most other people. Hollies are a hit or a miss. I got both of mine through the departure threads, people giving them away. I didn't have to trade anything for them. Although they can still go for quite a bit for trading. GoN's are rare, but they have no trade value and can't breed, so I don't really consider them to be anything really. They are gorgeous and all, but once you have them, you can't do anything with them. I got my one on the first try (when they came out) and my second one 3 months later. So again, while they are rare, they really have no 'value' (trade-wise i mean).

In a collecting perspective, GoN's would be more rare because they are so hard to summon for most people. You get roughly 26 tries a year (if I did my math correctly) to get them, and that is if you summon exactly on time, every two weeks. ND's you can try for all year round, but it is very difficult for most and your chances are rather low. Hollies, you get to hunt for for a week every year, but there are hundreds of people breeding them during that week. And while your chances are still low, it doesn't take anything more than sitting in the AP refreshing and hoping you are fast enough to click, unless you are trading.

So long story short, my opinion would be ND's are more rare in a trading perspective, and in a collecting perspective, it's a close call, but I would say GoN's are more rare. For reasons stated above.

These are just my opinions though. Take it with a grain of salt if you may.

On the grounds of having been trying for almost 2 years to summon - I'd say GoN. I have all the others but the Neglected - and that - I feel - is only a matter of having the time to do the necessary !

GoNs can't be traded anyway, so they have no trading value at all.

I voted for Hollies, since it is nearly impossible to get one.

As for GoNs, You can try to get them et every time in the year and they don't depend on breeding.

NDs are hard to get, but You can turn as many eggs as You want and there are many people who got some practice and turned a lot of NDs

I'd say hollies and NDs are the rarest when I include their worth.

Hollies and NDs are both very sought after, and rarely any people are offering them as they are either available only once a year or you have to find out how to make them. For GoNs this is already known and it only depends on luck (even though you also need some of it for NDs, I have heard). Also you can trade both, while your GoN is bound to your scroll, and even if you have one it's actually useless for you except you having another pretty sprite on your scroll. Also I saw people with 20+ NDs, so I'd put these really only a little bit after the hollies.

Holly and ND are about equal becaues mroe hollys are being bred and more ppl are figuring out how to make NDs( not me though). GoN are just luck.

Also I saw people with 20+ NDs, so I'd put these really only a little bit after the hollies.

Those people have been at at what they do for a long time and also rarely trade them. That's also only about a handful of people.

I'd say all 3 are equal. hollies aren't really rare to me, just very uncommon. To be honest I'd say trees are the most rare. You can only have one and only get them at the cave. their drops are also rare. I've seen more CB metals drop in the cave than trees if I ignored the massive drops they had previously.

I got both of my GoNs within the first 7 tries, and I was gifted a Holly (inbred ;-wink.gif, so i personally think ND are rare to me because I havent figured out how they work yet.

I picked GoN as the most rare because I know a lot of people have been summoning forEVER with no luck, and they can't be traded or gifted like Hollies and Neglecteds can.

Holly. You can get Guardians of Nature and Neglecteds all year long, and some people are really adept at making Neglecteds and have whole hordes of them. I'd put them in this list, from least rare to most:

1. Neglected

2. Guardian of Nature

3. Holly

I'll never consider GoN's the rarest, even if they statistically have the fewest numbers on the cave. Because, no matter how long it takes you to get one, all you have to do is hit a button once every two weeks to try. You can do this without having to fight a thousand other members for it, or trying a hundred different neglecting combinations only to have a chance of your egg even /starting/ to turn neglected, much less actually getting it to survive after that.

As for hollies and neglecteds... iunno, maybe even? You can make ND's all year and don't have to battle with other people over them, but it's easier to try to catch something then to experiment to find the precise way to make an ND, I think.

Personally I have a GoN and an ND, but no Holly. Only dragon I don't have, actually. :c

I think the Hollies are the rarest, followed by GoNs, and lastly NDs. Hollies are becoming slightly more common but they only come around for one week a year. GoNs can be Summoned every 2 weeks, so they can be "found" more often but still have a low success rate. NDs are possibly the most screw-up-a-tiny-bit-screw-it-all-up of the three, but they can be created year-round and if you have a person to help you, then they aren't so hard to get. I might just be saying that due to my ND, but I digress.

Guardian of Natures are the most common out of the three because it's more luck-based. Some people got their set of GoNs on the first couple of tries, some people have been trying since the release and still failsummoning.

Holly is the second rarest, coming near close rarity to Neglected due to their limited breeding. However, according to my findings during the Christmas breedings, Hollies are becoming less rarer. It might be because this year I'm actually seriously looking, but I've seen more this year than last year.

Neglecteds are the rarest, again coming close to the Holly. You can't just catch them out of reflex clicking and luck, you actually have to study them (which is harder today since Neglected discussion is not allowed) and put it into practice.

tl;dr: Rarest to most common.

1. Neglected

2. Holly

3. Guardian of Nature

I voted holly because I've seen tons of more neglecteds popping up over the last year than there ever were before.

And, while Guardian of Natures ARE probably the rarest by number, it's really only a matter of time (vs. skill, timing, speed, etc.) to get one as opposed to how one obtains the other two breeds. Yeah, it took me little over a year to get my GoN, but all I did was click a link and enter my password once every few weeks...no skill or anything, just patience.

I have two GoNs and two hollies, but NO NDs so I'd have to say Neglecteds are the rarest.

Edited by skimboard808

Neglected, because it's still a mystery how exactly to obtain them.

1. Holly

2. Neglected

3. GoN

The reasoning towards my selection are based on the fact that Hollies only found in the AP around few days leading into Christmas. And even then are most challenging to obtain for many without one (or those who have a holly, but are catching another for someone) on their scroll stake out in hopes to snag on. If not searching the AP, one can hope that they're gifted a holly randomly or meet the requirements in the trading thread too. The latter even difficult for often enough a person offering a holly is either seeking one of lower gen or a CB Metal.

Neglected comes in second for it is based on experiments with an egg. It is based on trial and error. Not only does the egg uses up a slot for two weeks on a person scroll it reduces how many kills they're allowed till it resets. One might be able to get one again through trade or gifted, but even here the success varies for sending it to another persons scroll only increases their lifespan.

And finally Guardians of Nature have come to my third rating. Like Neglected dragons these are based on trial and error with what I think to be an equally ratio. I do not speak for everyone, but this only comes from what I've come to known.

I think logically (for me at least), GoNs would be the rarest.

Even though Hollies are limited to 2 per scroll, they are becoming more widespread with each holiday breeding season.

NDs are difficult to get, but there is no scroll limit on them.

I've seen people with 3-4 NDs or more on their scroll.

They are also tradable and you can have as many ongoing experiments as your egg limits allow.

You can also try as many experiments as you'd like year-round.

However, GoNs are limited to 2 per scroll, are untradable, unbreedable, and have fairly low success rates for Summoning.

Also, you can only try to get one a maximum of 26 times per year (and that's only if you consistently remember to use Summon every 2 weeks).

My reasoning could easily be wrong though.

Thoughts?