Leaves-Of-A-Tree

Leafy's Art Plaza -Open-

Welcome to Leafy's Free Concepts and Sketches

OPEN

Okay, peeps, I like to skech so much that I decided to open up a shop for ppl to request on their own. I have a form for you to request and free, grabbable concept sketches every two days. I have a slot system, and take five requests. This shop is name-your-dragon for sketches, and you don't have to pay until you get your art! IF you can get me a Neglected, all other prices are instantly thrown out the window!

For adults: One adult: one common needed. For two adults: Two commons needed; ALT one uncommon.

Hatchlings: S1: One common needed. One S2: one uncommon needed, or two commons. Two S2s: One rare; ALT two uncommons.

I can also do buttons, banners, avvies and siggies! All of those need one common!

Anything underlined is activated for all customers.

FIRST-TIMER: half price the first time you request! Get first-timer benefits for free!

MEMBER: One year of membership: one rare; ALT two uncommons. MEMBER BENEFITS: 50-100% off all year; Lifetime membership: Two rares. LIFETIME MEMBER BENEFITS: 50-100% off every time you request!

CONCEPT GRABBER: Grab two concepts. CONCEPTS GRABBER BENEFITS: Two FREE sketches

DISCOUNTS: Request during a discount. DISCOUNT BENEFITS: half price!

COUPONS: One uncommon. COUPONHOLDER BENEFITS: 30-70% off for one week!

It's a steal of a deal here at Leafy's, so come request! I have a Bamboo Create tablet, and can guarantee customer satisfaction! If there is an anatomy problem too large to ignore, or one I missed, post the pic link and the problem, and I'll refund it, then fix the sketch!

Examples:

Porcupine Drakes are not worthy to be called Drakes Taken!

Deathsong Dragon

user posted image

Treelimb Dwaggons

This one done with pencil, not Tablet

user posted image

My OC Wolf

user posted image

Form:

Dragon Type (wyvern, lindworm, etc):

Dragon Species Name:

Link or Dragon Description (Please note I need the descrip down to thetip of its tail, or I may do something wrong):

Personal or Concept:

Pose:

Stage:

Sketchy or solid lines:

Colored?:

Other:

I also sprite eggs! Here's the form for eggs!

Dragon type:

Egg descrip:

Shiny, textured or pygmy?:

Dragon Topic Link:

Avvie Form

Username:

Animal:

Subspecies:

Solid Outline or Sketch:

Chibi, realistic or cartoon:

Main color:

Markings:

Full body or headshot:

Position:

Expression:

Animation or not?:

-What animation:

Button/Banner form:

Username:

Dragon appearance/Link/Species:

Text:

Button or Banner:

Animated or Not:

-What animation?:

Picture Form

Username:

Animal:

Subspecies:

Solid Outline or Sketch:

Chibi, Realistic, or Cartoon:

Main color:

Markings:

Full body or headshot:

Position:

Expression:

SLOTS:

1. KrystalSharz

2. OPEN

3. OPEN

4. OPEN

5. CLOSED

Edited by Leaves-Of-A-Tree

Tadaa! Examples are up! The one sketch that's actually up there is bad, I know, but the hyperlinked ones are KYUTE! Oooh, what's this? A FREE CONCEPT!

I recommend some basic anatomy practice for your dragons. Try drawing out the skeleton first, to see where each bone would go, with circles for the joints. A basic skeleton makes it easier for you to see errors in your pose and anatomy before moving on with the drawing. Once you have a skeleton and an acceptable pose, start drawing the muscles of the dragon over the bones. Try looking at references of people or other animals' muscle structures to use them as an example (but do not trace) so you can see how each part of the dragon's body is connected to each other! Once you have the muscles drawn, you can finally flesh out the rest of your dragon and give him horns, scales, pretty designs, and whatever else you might like.

This might seem a bit tedious right now, but trust me--it's good practice.

I also recommend branching out and drawing from life to get an understanding of line quality and value structures, to make your drawings seem more 3d and 'alive'. Still-lifes are very good for that sort of practice.

Posemaniacs is an excellent website filled with references of people in various poses. The muscles are right there, easy to see, and you can also see how perspective and foreshortening affects arms and legs in the various poses.

This is a wonderful gesture drawing tool for people who want to draw. Gesture drawing is a great way to practice poses and capturing action in a drawing. You only have a small amount of time for each drawing, so you have to focus on the big picture instead of the minute details.

(THIS SITE HAS NUDE MODELS IN IT, BUT YOU CAN CHOOSE WHETHER YOU WANT TO SEE THEM OR NOT)

Thanks for the pointers, Jackal. I'll make sure to check it out and try that method.

Yes, Krystal, I do draw wolves, and rather well, too. I'm Lunarspirit on WolfQuest. Although my three previous shops have died, I got flooded with requests on the last one. I had to let it die because I couldn't possibly keep up! I am going to update the front post of this topic to accomodate for buttons, animations, avvies and other animals.

All updated, and ready to be requested from! The animations aren't actually the best, 'cause I use gickr.com to do my animations, and can only have ten slides. I've been working on it, though.

My problems with anatomy on a wolf are: legs (sorta, getting good at those), paws (again getting better), eyes (improving) and the head shape (slight slips, but not as bad as other problems, pretty much have the head mastered).

Picture Form

Username: krystalsharz

Animal: Wolf

Subspecies: Um...

Outline or Sketch: sketch

Main color: Fire colored

Markings: Simply covered in fire if you can, similar to this, except standing http://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/aa357/..._by_wallace.jpg

Full body or headshot: Full body

Position: on all fours

Expression: growling

I'm going out to lunch, but I'm PM you tonight about what I can give you in exchange.

I see your problems with Wolves, and that's ok. I can't draw at all, so anything you do will be better than my own. lol

Edited by KrystalSharz

Request accepted! It should be done in about an hour and a half. Sorry, it's a big request and my dad probably won't wake up for another hour.

EDIT: I'm not allowed to get onto his computer for six hours. I'm soooooo boooored.

EDIT: Wait no more Krystal! I already have the rough sketch done!

user posted image

Here it is, Krystal! Tell me if there's anything wrong. Took me about an hour to do. Hope you like it. I tried to base it off of the pic you originally had, but I'm not 100% sure. If it's good, go ahead and send me a dragon. ^^ Just a common, nothing bigger needed.

It's great! I'm working up quite a collection of Fire Wolves from different topics it seems lol

I'll reply to your PM now.

Lol. Thank you for your business. xd.png Glad you like it. Oooh, a water skimmer! Thanks! That was on my wishlist.

Well, happy New Year, everybody! I hope you all have a great time. LOL. Two of my dragons just hatched. I'm open, as always, and am taking New Years related requests for two days! xd.png I'm always offering something extra, lol!

I'm on my phone so I can't copy and paste the code:

I'd love a male or female adult Ember, in whichever position that the actual sprite is in. Full body sketch and colored in. I'd like a sig size and bigger size so I can put the small one in my randomizer and keep the bigger one for a desktop background.

I can PM you tomorrow with the actual code filled out and my dragon offerings for your art. :-)

Username: krystalsharz

Animal: DC Dragon

Subspecies: male or female Ember

Solid Outline or Sketch: solid

Chibi, Realistic, or Cartoon: realistic

Main color: like in sprites

Markings: like in sprites

Full body or headshot: full body

Position: like in sprites

Expression: like in sprites

I have a Nebula egg right now and will be catching more eggs this week. I also have to common hatchlings if you'd like them instead.

Edited by KrystalSharz

Ok I'll be home in a few hours and I'll give you a list of my offerings

I have a soon-to-be red hatchling, a Silver Tinsel egg and black egg so please take your pick. I prefer to pay in advance if I have good things

Edited by KrystalSharz

I'll have the tinsel or the black. Not a huge fan of reds. Almost done, Krystal! I didn't see that you wanted a larger version as well, so I'll have to remake it. T0T

Edit:

Large version done!

user posted image

Now for the small one...

user posted image

Avvie size didn't turn out that well, actually.

user posted image

Here's siggy size. If you need it any smaller, just contact me!

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/392/embermalerequest.png

Desktop size. It's too big for my screen, so if you need it any smaller, contact me as well.

Well if no one is requesting from you...

Dragon Type (wyvern, lindworm, etc): DC

Dragon Species Name: Female Lightning dragon

Link or Dragon Description: user posted image

Personal or Concept: as sprite

Pose: as sprite

Stage: as sprite

Sketchy or solid lines: solid

Colored?: yes

Other: payment?

Can do, raichu! (I Rhymed! ^^) I'm officially closing permanently for avvies and siggies. I now only sprite.