Raun

Anyone else feel kind of sorry for 'Cave Blockers'

I feel bad for the spriters and get scarred another frill thing will happen

I sooooo miss the frills and wish I could continue catching them

I met my goal of 6 CC of each breed ( frill has only 5 as they were discontinued before I could get that last one...I thought they'd always be here for me to get sad.gif ) and am on my way to 20 each, and the little frill won't be able to move along with the rest :'(

I like collecting even the 'cave blockers'

there's no dragon I do not like

and wish I could grab all the eggs and give them homes tongue.gif

I remember when I wished we could have more than 4

at first 7 was enough.....now I wish for more slots again tongue.gif

I am new too; however, I do not feel bad for caveblockers. Why? Because I love a lot of them! For example my absolute favorites are BBWs, Grays, Daydreams, Waterhorses, water walkers, waterdragons, etc. I am not a fan of metallics (silvers and especially the new golds) and I am really not a fan of blacks! The only rares I like are Magmas and Stripes. I do collect rares however, just because they are rares. When I stalk the main cave and I finally grab that rare egg, I add some sort of personal value to it due to my hard work. However, most of the cave blockers have some incredibly phenomenal art and look amazing! I always make a personal plea that once I get my less appealing rares collected and out of the way, I will start collecting my truly favorites (most of them cave blockers). By they way, we never truly know when things will change and a now cave blocker will end up an incredibly rare egg! (or discontinued like the cute frills)

That is true. There are a lot of rares I'm just not interesting it. Like the GoN. I'm not speaking badly about it, I just have no real interest in getting one.

The only ones of that Trio that I even really like are the Magmas; they are neat looking.

Most of my favorites are not even close to rare. xd.png I think the only really 'rare' one I like a lot is the Golds, and that's just because of the lovely new sprites.

I usually pick some of them up when I'm low on eggs because my tinsels or metallics failed to produce any offspring. But they're often quite annoying when you're hunting for a certain egg.

There are a lot of dragons that are caveblockers that I genuinely love! BBWs and spitfires especially... But I don't pick them up nearly as often as I'd like to because I always figure "Well, I can get more later. Rares now plz!" But if something like the frills were to happen, I'd be devastated.

I do. I generally catch more than I breed, and usually from the AP. I've found many CB Spitfires, Guardians, and Whiptails there.

Yes, I like rares, but I also want to collect a lot of dragons. Since I have a connection that's often slower than a turtle's pace, usually the only things I can get from the Cave/AP are the blockers. I'm not terribly picky about lineages, so I'll take anything, and I don't abandon what I pick up. 3 of the 4 Guardian eggs on my scroll atm were caught in the same drop when they were blocking the Volcano with 11 others on the page. The other one and the Ridgewing egg were caught on the AP.

*pokes my Spitfires* I remember when they were difficult to catch, and Pinks, Purples and Stripes were 'blockers'. Eventually the current blockers will adjust, and other/new species will be considered 'blockers'.

Common eggs seemingly floating around the AP will in the end get picked up by a newbie or when they get low time thats when people click on them fast. Lol. But I miss the pinks, blacks, vines, reds being more common in the AP in the past.

Edited by S9429183F

I've seen a lot of Spitfires, Greens, and Stones lately.

I might do that Geode project I had an idea for...*ponders*

I feel like it's a good time to bring this thread back, with all the discussion of blockers and ratios and all in the Suggestions thread. laugh.gif

I do feel bad for the blockers. It irritates the tar out of me when that's the only thing hanging out in the biomes, but I love scooping them up in the AP. They all have really lovely sprites, and it's not their fault they're so insanely common!

I will say, it is nice to have some breeds for whom it's easy to say, "Oh, I only have two of those. I'll just mosey over the AP and pick up six." And it certainly makes checker projects easier. I'm looking forward to the next ratio adjustment, hoping it makes some of the current blockers just a little trickier to catch (and so, hopefully, quite a bit more appreciated!).

I totally feel sympathy towards the "cave blockers". I like quite a lot of them myself, for example I try to pick up a lot of Neotropicals and give them a funny name. smile.gif Grays are also cool, I've always liked their sprites.

I do feel sorry for the poor little mints that get abandoned.

Therefore I have decided to collect them. wink.gif

But I wish they would make them a little bit more interesting by providing different sprites for males and females.

It would be great when I could look on my scroll and instantly se which dragon is male and which female.

Like someone else already said, I mostly feel sorry for the spriters who did a wonderful job and have to read constantly that people consider their dragons "worthless". mad.gif

Some of my absolute favourites are super common (like Grey, Water Walker, Stone, Nocturne...), and I LOVE the fact that they are common, I never have to worry about finding fresh breeding stock! biggrin.gif

Of course I'd like a CB Silver sometime but I'm much more excited about breeding more dragons for my "lovely commons" project.

I do feel very bad for them, now that I think about it.. I tend to collect dragons whose sprites I really like; no matter their rarity, and I happen to really like some of the more common ones, Greys being one example. A Grey was actually my first dragon and I'm still very fond of it. happy.gif

Nocturnes are my life. wub.gif But I have been way to caught up on rares to grab more.

I don't really feel sorry for them.

I do like a lot of common breeds, I think the artwork is lovely, and I intend to gather more of them. But I'm more attracted to lineages, so I don't pick up CBs as often as I should anyway.

I generally pick up blocker breeds from the AP, so that I get more CBs towards my scroll goal but they don't egglock me for days (instead, I get hatchie-locked, oops). I really should pick up more from the biomes but... hehe... smile.gif

I used to collect messy-lineaged common eggs from the AP and freeze them! That way I could rescue/horde a lot of them without it effecting my search for less commons. I find lately that most of what I grab from the AP is caveborn though, so I let them mature. I know they're pixels, but once I catch them, I don't have the heart to throw them back. happy.gif

I actually like the balloon dragon sprites and description,so I'm raising lots of them.

Some blockers get loved by some people.

Sometimes, especially if there are three eggs of the same breed for example, I feel sorry for them and pick one of them up. But I only hatch them and abandon them afterwards. There'll surely get loved as hatchlings.

I used to collect messy-lineaged common eggs from the AP and freeze them! That way I could rescue/horde a lot of them without it effecting my search for less commons. I find lately that most of what I grab from the AP is caveborn though, so I let them mature. I know they're pixels, but once I catch them, I don't have the heart to throw them back. happy.gif

Ugh, I had this issue last night. I wanted to freeze a s1 sulfur hatchie, but nooo, the two I caught were CBs. ~.~ They'll be maturing.

There's a couple of common breeds that I like to be honest. Like Neotropicals, Storm/grays, moonstones, There are others, but you get the idea.

As others have said I don't have the heart to throw them back unless I REALLY need the space.

The eggs I feel sorry for are the ones that I notice that keep vanishing and then reappearing, in my mind it means that people keep throwing it back and it makes me feel like the dragon is unwanted, so I swoop in and give it a good home. smile.gif

I have no issues with any dragons - nor do I have a problem with taking some 'blockers'. However, I will admit I am more inclined to take a blocker egg if it's one I like (example - I do not like the Coastal Waverunners, so I tend to ignore their eggs when they are blocking the Coast, but will gladly pick up a Waterhorse egg). However, I don't feel bad per say for the dragon as I know while I may pass up that Waverunner egg - someone else might be having a massive hoard and it helps them get another CB to add to it.

My real feelings go to the Spriters and how they must feel to see no one wanting an egg/hatchling they worked on [big example: Frilled Dragons - so popular, yet unpopular that they clogged the AP to a point where the Spriter asked them to be discontinued due to complaints]

Edited by ShorahNagi

I used to work on my scroll at my own pace, mostly from the AP since I had a very hard time catching eggs.

Then I took a hiatus for a few years and came back to find that Frills and Bright Pinks had been discontinued. I was devastated. user posted image I really, REALLY like the Frills and I wanted to collect them. But I never got the chance.

Ever since then I have been frantic to get at least one CB pair for everything (excluding Prizes and missed Holidays of course), so that I'm never left in such a position again. It's been absolutely awful. I'm grateful I got the chance to at least get one of each, even if I didn't get as many as I wanted—some people don't have any.

I really like a lot of the breeds. I honestly just don't have room for them right now. user posted image I'm still working on scroll completion, and I probably will be for a good while. I want to do that first, to help put my mind at rest from the Frill-induced fear of something vanishing from the cave forever.

After that is over, there are plenty of Common dragons I would like to collect. Especially the water ones.

I don't believe in cave blockers to be honest. They're all dragons with fantastic sprites. There are dragons that do have more value due to rarity or desirability but it's the common dragons that are what make a rare dragon rare. If commons weren't common than rares wouldn't be rare, and therefore valuable. If gold dragons were easy to get they wouldn't be valuable.

When I'm hunting I'll often grab a bunch of commons to clear things out, and I do dump them to the AP after five hours. I usually get one or two non-common eggs at the same time, which I either hatch, trade, or gift. I dump the commons to the AP, and then later I go hunting on the AP generally for low time commons to grow, or freeze (I do a lot of freezing). That saves me the time it would take to hold the egg until it can be hatched and keeps my eggslots as open as possible. I have to be careful though, it's easy to get hatchie-locked that way!