me002

MASS COMMON BREEDING

what do you think about the project?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recently i've thought much about these: if the ratios of appearance of dragons are related to the breeding ratios, can't we just make a short no rare breeding period and then make a huge common breeding? this will:

1) reduce the appearance of cave blockers

2) make the more rare eggs easier to find

3) give a better chance to CB dragons lovers (like me) to get dragons such as CB blacks, trios, silvers, dinos or even golds. (instead of having to rely on the huge waitlists of the gifting threads wich usually give away only lineaged rares). obviously to make this breeding useful, users with quicker connections n many rares should at least try not to steal too many of them from newbies.

There could be an abandoning issue, but if each users agrees to keep their bred commons (or at least to raise them to adulthood n then release them) there should be no problems with this.

Feel free to discuss, then, if the project reaches a good number of agreements, we could arrange a time for the mass breeding.

This already happened a few years ago and it mass blocked the cave for a month or so as well as turning Black Dragons into Uncommon dragons instead of the Super-Common dragons they were.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, i'm just telling you what everyone else will say.

And Rare Dragons will remain rare, no matter how uncommon or common the other dragons are. It's just the way the site is set up.

Edited by MysticTiger

Correct me if i'm wrong, did this happen for frilled dragons too? i am sure that they are somewhat related to mass breeding. but, how did blacks turn more rare than before? It should have been the opposite :/

Edited by jetcomb

Merp. I'd worry that reducing the number of cave-blockers by breeding a bunch of them just causes AP block over ALL the biomes...

This would not reverse the effect, and frills were always common, as far as I know. If you mass breed commons, they'll clog up the cave for months upon months -- It's been probably a year and the black ratios are still not even near what they should be. It's simple logic.

Correct me if i'm wrong, did this happen for frilled dragons too? i am sure that they are somewhat related to mass breeding. but, how did blacks turn more rare than before? It should have been the opposite :/

I'm not certain that the Blacks are that remarkably rare. CB Blacks may be, but that could simply be because people breed them heavily and so the ratios most likely adjust through that avenue as opposed to spitting out tons of CBs.

Sometimes I think that players get led astray by the talk of how many Blacks there were back in the day - both CB and bred. The thing to remember is that, back in the time of the '08 mass breed, we had maybe twenty or so breeds. So, of course there were going to be more Blacks, because you were dividing the pie into fewer pieces.

But really, the biggest reason that plans that depend on mass breeding certain breeds don't work is because the majority of players aren't on the forums, so getting the massive change you'd need in breeding patterns would be nearly impossible. So, most players will probably not stop breeding their rares or Blacks and won't stop grabbing them from the cave. Therefore, it's likely that we won't see more things like rares, but even if we do they won't just be sitting there for newer players to grab

This already happened a few years ago and it mass blocked the cave for a month or so as well as turning Black Dragons into Uncommon dragons instead of the Super-Common dragons they were.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, i'm just telling you what everyone else will say.

And Rare Dragons will remain rare, no matter how uncommon or common the other dragons are. It's just the way the site is set up.

Try a year and a half of near-perpetual cave block.

Yeah that's why no one organizes mass breeding events anymore.

Plus AP auto-clean just destroys 90% of the mass-bred eggs nowadays anyway.

Edited by Lythiaren

I'm not certain that the Blacks are that remarkably rare. CB Blacks may be, but that could simply be because people breed them heavily and so the ratios most likely adjust through that avenue as opposed to spitting out tons of CBs.

Sometimes I think that players get led astray by the talk of how many Blacks there were back in the day - both CB and bred. The thing to remember is that, back in the time of the '08 mass breed, we had maybe twenty or so breeds. So, of course there were going to be more Blacks, because you were dividing the pie into fewer pieces.

But really, the biggest reason that plans that depend on mass breeding certain breeds don't work is because the majority of players aren't on the forums, so getting the massive change you'd need in breeding patterns would be nearly impossible. So, most players will probably not stop breeding their rares or Blacks and won't stop grabbing them from the cave. Therefore, it's likely that we won't see more things like rares, but even if we do they won't just be sitting there for newer players to grab

Although blacks are at least a bit rarer. Lineaged blacks used to be blockers, now they get snatched up pretty quickly. CB blacks, however, have been rare for quite some time.

Another note, if I am correct, releasing a dragon stops its' effect on ratios.

I feel soooooo much like someone who's just suggested to torture a dog puppy xd.png, i'll try to think more about the things i'm going to post in the future...

Well, organizing a breeding where one of the rules included was that you had to raise the dragons isn't that bad of an idea, but it would become problematic if any sizable portion of these eggs got into the AP.

Please don't follow through with this. :c This could change DC as we know it.

I'm sorryyyyyy, i didn't know that i was doing something wrong, please stop making me feel an idiot T.T I had a very good intent...

I feel soooooo much like someone who's just suggested to torture a dog puppy xd.png, i'll try to think more about the things i'm going to post in the future...

Don't feel bad, you were just trying to help. It's not the idea itself that's awful - lots of people have had ideas along these lines. It's just that there are a lot of cave and player dynamics at work that come into play. There's also a terrible fear of this returning:

user posted image

Even though AP bingo was amusing...except that no one ever lost laugh.gif

O.o those are all blacks! Omfg, you caused me a heartattack (dies emitting strange sounds)

O.o those are all blacks! Omfg, you caused me a heartattack (dies emitting strange sounds)

Ahhh! You should have been here when the alt blacks were first introduced. Nobody was grabbing the CB blacks, since they couldn't become alts.

Non-alt black hatchlings were being tossed into the AP. Freezing was unlimited.

Most of my 130+ frozen non-alt blacks are from back then. Many were CBs.

I have screenshots somewhere from back when BPs were blockers. The AP looked like a bag of smarties. :V

Nothing really special. Back then (I mean, around 2007-2008 when DC wasn't that popular as today), blacks were cave blockers like spitfires, fogs, dorsals, canopies. As the cave changes, ratios change. As an example, purple nebulas are no longer usually hatched since the 2011 colored/alt nebulas were released. This might change in a year or so.

Yeah: A lot of dragons I assumed would be common but are rare are Pillows: I was actually really surprised becuase I didn't like the sprite myself, but that's DC for ya.

I don't need to add any more. Only that ideas like these have been tried before and the ratios never gave what people were expecting. Silver and gold are rare, and no matter how many super commons you breed, they'll still drop like the rares they are.

I'd love to see a mass release of gold and silver myself to get some for myself, but I know very well that'll never happen because they're rare.

Blacks have suffered the greatest. I remember when they were so common (and I was so new), they'd drop like a pest. I wish I had snagged some back then. Now I regret it, since I only snagged lineaged ones. There was some mass breeding back then, also the alt release and the black striped released. The ratios are so off it's probably never going to return as the common it should be.

Agreed with the others x)

There used to be SO MANY black and vine hatchlings on the AP that I collected quite a few of them myself -- granted, I never picked up CB blacks because I was lazy.... well, I paid for it !

And the alts hahahah we used to mass breed our blacks (who would produce like... 4 eggs at once... I actually have a screenshot of my gold producing 4 golds!) just to pick out the darker coloured egg ! So blacks were certainly not very much liked...

And I do remember the mass breed -- most annoying thing ever @___@

Let's not do that again hahah.

no please.

i cannot stand it when people mass breed eggs and clog the AP with one breed. ._. mostly because i know they all come from one or a hand full of scrolls and i cannot help but think they had negative intentions with it because they are breeds that they know will sit there for a while and have lineages that many people will find off putting.

i can't fathom how badly things would go if several people at once decided to do that. =/

PLEASE no. In another thread you started people told you why this would be SUCH a bad idea. And it would. And I see you are beginning to get it ! ("I feel soooooo much like someone who's just suggested to torture a dog puppy")

I WISH I had got me some CB blacks in the days when they were blockers.... But after a mass breed... sad.gif

NOOOOOO !

(Oh - and the frills were retired at the artist's request. They used to be very common and I wish I'd got more of those, too, but...)

Edited by fuzzbucket

PLEASE no. In another thread you started people told you why this would be SUCH a bad idea. And it would. And I see you are beginning to get it ! ("I feel soooooo much like someone who's just suggested to torture a dog puppy")

I WISH I had got me some CB blacks in the days when they were blockers.... But after a mass breed... sad.gif

NOOOOOO !

(Oh - and the frills were retired at the artist's request. They used to be very common and I wish I'd got more of those, too, but...)

hey... I started the thread u mentioned when i saw that there were so many votes against. you do not need to talk to me like this...

Edited by jetcomb

Since the OP has died of guilt, and apologized profusely for the insane idea before doing so, isn't this thread done? blink.gif

RIP, jetcomb.

(and good to see you're back from the grave!) smile.gif