topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have one black alt and one green alt.

The black alt I got from the Abandoned Cave. I got lucky.

The Green alt I think I bred it and again got lucky.

It may sound incredible but I got my first alt's (vine and male alt black) in the first try, and both from the abandoned page.

It may sound incredible but I got my first alt's (vine and male alt black) in the first try, and both from the abandoned page.

Wow, nice! ohmy.gif

I don't know exactly how many tries it took me, since I got some of my Blacks/Vines as eggs and some as regular hatchlings before I was lucky with alts. But in any case, I had 21 regular Blacks before I got an alt. Then, 9 regular Vines before getting an alt.

Even now, I've only got 2 Black Alts and 1 Vine Alt. I have awful luck. laugh.gif

I got a black alt a while ago (I just like blacks, normal and alt, so I didn't take the egg specifically for an alt). I collected and bred lots of vines just because I find them interesting, but after a while I had a huge forest of vines without a single one of those cute hibernating little alts, so I organised a trade with someone who regularly breeds alts.

My alt vine (female) is Winter Forest Creeper and my alt black (male) is GoodDoggy.

My first alt took me about....17 tries before I scored an alt vine. It was an aggravating wait, but I finally got it in the end.

One try for a black alt, back then when they still have seperate egg sprites.

Considerably less luck and interest with alt vines, and my only one is a gift.

Now I can proudly say I have both Black and Vine alts. smile.gif

Approx. tries to get a Black alt: 22

Approx. tries to get a Vine alt: 17

(I say "approx." since I'm using Age sort to determine this, which generally doesn't fully align with actual order of obtainment.)

I joined in February 2012, when every single bred black on the site was hatching into a seated alt, so my first black dragons were all alts. It went on like that for a month or two if I remember right, but I only hatched a few--if I'd realized how rare they were I would have hatched more, and with better lineages. Vines, though--those pesky things took me 11 months, almost a year, before I got my first alt, and that one was a gift (I have four now). I wasn't trying consistently every week, though.

Old thread lol

My first ever black dragon was an alt, and I just recently got a second alt black. If red dorsals and yellow ridgewings count as alts I have my fair share of them as well

My first (and only, at the moment) Black Alt I got from a trade.

My first Vine Alt was a gift, I believe. And my second (her) I actually didn't want to alt.

Edited by Firedda

lol I didn't even tried xd.png I got my first black alt dragon while trying to get a regular female black dragon and I got this alt male

lol I didn't even tried xd.png I got my first black alt dragon while trying to get a regular female black dragon and I got this alt male

Did you have any blacks before that?

My first alt was actually a very lucky AP catch. It was a curled alt black abandoned as a hatchling, so I was pretty shocked. I'd caught blacks that hadn't alted before, but never one that had.

My second was also an AP catch, but I caught it as an egg and was very happy when it hatched alt.

I was very happy when this Undine alted for me, considering he was the first Undine I ever bred. In fact, Undines are the only dragons that have ever given me alts. I've tried so many times with my Black dragons... no luck there.

It took me at least 35 to 40 tries between both the Black and the Dark Green dragons, over the course of 3 years before I FINALLY got one of each.

But it's possible that it could be closer to 50 or more tries between the two, because I started trying when the alt eggs were actually different, and I usually put the eggs or hatch-lings if they didn't show as an alt into the AP. And I sent a LOT of them to the AP, and most of them never got picked up by anyone.

And no I am not exaggerating on the number of tries, I am dead serious.

I just dunno how people do it in less or that they even have more than 2 or 3 on their scrolls, especially if they haven't been around nearly as long as I have or have a fraction of the number of dragons that I have. I only have 1 of each of those two and have tried to get others since, especially in the Alt black since there are different adult and hatch-ling sprites. It's gotten so frustrating that I pretty much have given up on trying anymore. Once in a while I'll breed an egg of one of those two types, but I fully expect it to not turn into one and if it does, then it does.

I'm not even sure if I want to even bother trying to get an alt Undine, since my experience with the others has been extremely painful.

I honestly have no idea how people get them so easily.

My first dragon was middle of August, my first alt was beginning of November, but I didn't even know what an alt was back then haha.

Unfortunately I can't tell how many blacks I bred before I got my alt because I stupidly released a bunch of dragons when releasing became a thing. dry.gif

I can't remember how many tries it took or if I even tried. I think I got my first Alt Black before I even knew what they were.

At the moment I think my scroll is cursed to not make any Alt Blacks anymore. I hatched ~60 Black eggs in the past year and none of them alted. 2014: The Year Of No Alt Blacks. tongue.gif