topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the last vine i had that later turned alt i gifted to a friend cuz it had a dirty code xd.png needless to say i was sooo mad lol i still need at least 4 more for my goals and like 6 blacks

I've bred all my own alts. My first and so far only vine alt took two tries. Believe it or not I got my first black alt on my first try. My second black alt was unintended and was supposed to be a normal black for a lineage, which I kept because I had a very hard time getting blacks out of that particular pair.

And that's the only three I have. Still need to catch another CB vine to try for another alt. Haven't had much luck breeding blacks and when I do they don't alt anyway. Probably because now I need an alt for that lineage. =/

This is easy to check because when I started out, I kept all of my dragons. ohmy.gif My fifth black and fourth vine were alts.

I never really tried getting an alt. But, about a month ago, someone offered me a PB alt vine in a trade. Of course I couldn't resist as this was my first and only alt. smile.gif

I wish there was an option "Yes, more than one".

My first alt was a Vine, she's around a year old. It's actually way easier to get an alt Vine, as they breed much better than Blacks (mass-breeding/catching from the AP ftw). I'm still trying to get a curled Black alt hatchie, they seem to be a real pain now :c

And no alt Sweeetlings here at all, as I haven't been around back then.

My first alt was a vine. It is pretty much the only vine I have and was part of my second set of dragons tongue.gif

But my black dragon is only a normal sad.gif

My alt vines were from convenient trades.

I got one alt black a while ago and I have about 10 from the sitting alt epidemic.

Now as for curled alt I've bred close to 30 blacks without any alting.

One of my alt vines toook...I don't even know how many tries xd.png

Another one though took only one try. My dragon was very good to be that time. Three alts bred in a row. xd.png

it took me nine tries but finally i got alt black. Still no alt vine though.....

Alt Blacks seem a lot easier for me to get than alt Vines. The most notable example is my Vine x SA pair who gave me a whopping 18 normal vines before finally throwing an alt.

I've got both black and vine alts but no sweetlings. :b

Alt blacks seems easy enough to get for me, i usually get two in a row before.. or one after another between a few normal blacks.

Vines seems harder for me to hatch as alt. >.<

Have both, my first ever dragon was an alt black :3

I got an alt nebula on my first try (I had nebulas before, but at that time there were no alts) and actually two female alts at almost the same time!

My first alt was a vine. I didn't realize then how lucky I was: it was the first baby of my vines. smile.gif I had no blacks that time (have some now but they haven't given me any alts yet).

Since it was so long ago I wasn't sure when my first Black alt was created but based off of the amount of frozen blacks on my scroll from several years ago I can tell it probably took really long.

I still haven't gotten an alt vine after all this time. =/

My "first" alt vine was born in this February, but I was breeding and abandoning many eggs so it ended up abandoned too xd.png

I have no alts yet, I'll start trying once I get at least one couple of CB blacks. My CB vines just gendered male and female wub.gif

The first black I ever got was an alt. It wasn't anything spectacular, just a messy lineaged ap pickup but boy was I proud! Took a small eternity to get a vine alt though.

It took me seven tries to get my first Vine alt, but I got my Black alt on the first try. It ended up being the offspring of my Black pair.

My very first vine (actually I think one of my earliest dragons) was an alt. Took quite a while longer to get my black alt.

My first alt was an alt vine, Az. She is from back in the days when you could tell by the egg, and I bred her myself.

My first alt black that made it to adulthood (I had an alt black egg that died of sickness, it was terrible) was Domenika, also bred by myself. She is inbred, but I didn't know it at the time - I'm pretty sure she was just barely grown when the lineage viewing feature debuted and suddenly you could easily tell if your dragons were inbred. I know that I froze three hatchlings very soon after her because I had discovered that they were inbred by looking at their lineages.

My only Alt. Vine hatchling was the first, http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ofcnr, an AP find, as were my first adults, Vine, http://dragcave.net/lineage/ntX31, and Black, http://dragcave.net/lineage/ajglV, and I owe my thanks to the breeders of these beauties.

My first self=bred eggs were http://dragcave.net/lineage/RmpC1 and http://dragcave.net/lineage/0bBZj, both from 2012.

I finally traded for my first Curled Alt, but let him grow up, because I want to mirror a mate for him. I really like the name I found for him, though - http://dragcave.net/lineage/jgT1a. xd.png

ETA: Grammar edit, writing before coffee!

Edited by dragongrrl

If I remember right it was a sitting alt black and it took ages.

When I finally got one I thought it can be traded for a cb gold which is a big mistake

I got a black alt after about 10 tries. I was pretty surprised that it hatched as an alt though.