topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I was trying from two sets of dragons for a vine, originally.

17 offspring and a number of no interest from this dragon before I got one. March 22, 2011 and I had been trying since August 15, 2010. So, a little more than 7 months.

8 tries from this dragon. Aug. 22, 2010 to March 8, 2011. A little under 7 months.

Yet the 3rd alt I got only took 2 tries. >.>

I needed one for a project I'm doing and it had to be scroll only. Now I get to have the same fun with blacks. tongue.gif

So, it took me about 7 months during some serious breeding to get the alt I needed.

In relation to my previous post here, I did mention I haven't seen another Black Alt since my first one. After that though, one of the blacks I got became a Sitting Alt. After it hatched, I went with two decisions depending on what will occur. If it gendered female, I'll go ahead and let it mature. Male, I'll freeze it since I already have a male alt. Since it gendered male, I went ahead and froze it. In a way, I am happy I did that mainly because sitting alts still display the old pose the Black dragon hatchlings had before the sprite change.

By the way, my first Black alt was a Curled Alt.

P.S. The poll should include Black Curled Alts and Sitting Alts.

It took me at least a dozen tries to get a black alt. Eight that I bred all turned out regular and I snagged several in the ap before finally having one turn out to be an alt.

It was kinda funny. I had recently traded for an alt and it had just matured. So when the black egg I had snagged in the ap hatched as an alt I couldn't figure out where it came from at first. I thought my adult dragon had shrunk! I went and checked further down my scroll where I'd moved the adult and then back up to the hatchling before realizing that the egg I'd had before had hatched into another alt!

Have every alt but sweetling. One of my black alts is second-gen PB.

Oh duh, it took a pretty average number of tries.

Edited by -platinum-draco-

I have really good alt-luck. It makes me feel really guilty to see some people who can write the lyrics of a song with all their failed attempt dragons. Meanwhile, I got both a black and a vine my first times breeding from my own scroll (I had caught some bred eggs off the AP for both breeds before, but none ever hatched alt). For some reason I have really good luck. But at the same time, I've never been really looking for one. Both times I bred my dragons I had other reasons. It'd be nice to have a Sweetling alt, but I don't expect one, and that's fine. All the alts are really pretty though.

All exept one of the black eggs I've had hatched alt. tongue.gif The female is something I picked up in the AP, alt lottery victim most likely.

I still don't have an alt, but I would have had I not been a fool. I bred one of my vines with a stripe trying to get a green stripe. I got a vine egg and tossed it. When I was looking at the offspring a while later, to my surprise I saw an ALT! dry.gif The only alt that has ever come close to my scroll, and I threw it out.

I'm not really trying for black alts, tho. I'm not really a fan of blacks in general.

While searching for something else I saw this thread and thought it might be of interest so I'm bringing it back to the front.

My first alts were when the egg sprites were still different, so I don't think it took long. Those were good times - though yeah, impractical. blink.gif

I wish I'd been around for the alt sweetlings. D:

Funny thing, my very first black egg, turn out to be an Alt, breed with Gold, even line to boot ohmy.gif, it was back during my newbie days.

Edited by Lysian

I got a vine alt a looooong time ago, though i don't much care for them. I still have yet to get a black alt, though I don't really collect them, I guess, seeing as I don't have many tongue.gif

I don't remember if I answered this or not. Regardless, I was around when you could tell an alt from the egg. I got an alt black first, I don't even remember which one it was. My first alt vine came from the Halloween Mass Breed.

You could say im hoarding vines, in hope of one day one being an alt.... i have 5 blacks, no alt.... I WILL KEEP SEARCHING!

I've already answered here, but I just noticed that the alt sweetling is on the list. The only way to get them was to be in the right place at the wrong time about three years ago....so technically that would be my first alt.

I'm still lacking in the alt vine area and only have three including one frozen I managed to catch as a hatchling.

My very first alt that I hatched myself was a Vine, which is my beautiful Watashi wa Tokubetsuda Thuwed, which is a 5EG "PB" Thuwed (all PB 'cept for Whood). I'm not sure what number she was, since I wasn't specifically hunting for alts, but I know it wasn't a crazy amount. I wanna say, at the time, maybe 5th or 6th?

My (2nd alt) first alt black was probably....heck, I dunno. Probably 7th or 8th, but that's just a guess. I know most people go for 2G PBs, but gawsh, I think I'm much more happy with my 2G from Magma, ahahaha~ biggrin.gif

My first alt was a Vine. It was the 4th Vine I bred (although I'd traded at least one before it hatched). I ended up trading the alt vine too. I put up a post saying, "Convince me to trade it" and somebody did. I really didn't expect that.

edit: There sure seem to be a lot of Alt Vines right now.

Edited by rayden54

I'm confused on how to vote, so I won't.

I have 1 Vine alt and 7 Black alts (6 from that alt explosion last year).

I got my first alt black after about 11 "attempts," but it was probably more.

I never kept the children of my First Vine, until my first alt. For the age of Vines on my scroll, it looks like my 2nd "attempt."

ETA: I bred everything.

Edited by DeathCry

I have both a black alt and a vine alt. I have never bred my own, but I have still been very lucky! My alt vine was my 9th dragon I ever got and my first black I got was also an alt. happy.gif

It took me one try to get both a black and vine alt since I was here when they were first added. I miss the darker eggs. =p

I did breed my own, because once alts came out they were very hard for me to catch and I was afraid that if I waited too long, I would miss out on being able to pretty easily get an alt. I am not great at catching, so I folded and bred my own. It was actually the first time I kept a child a bred, as back then my goal was to get one of each dragon, pair it with another, and then bred plenty of my own babies to the AP. x3

Since I only wanted one of each dragon (with an exception for splits since they could only breed with each other), I only bred one of each. I actually only got the other gender black alt a few months ago when a very kindly and awesome user saw I had no luck with black alts (anymore) and bred me one. <3

edit: There sure seem to be a lot of Alt Vines right now.

If only. I am currently trying for purebred 2nd gens and I haven't had any luck for weeks. And it's not like I was only breeding one pair!

About my first though - it was a black, from my first breeding ever. It was a multiclutch, too happy.gif