topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

All I have is one Alt Nebula. The rest is just normal, no matter how hard I try :c

Got gifted my alt Vine last year. Traded for my alt Black hatchling. As for breeding them for myself, well I haven't had any luck yet.

I hit luck with it. My very first dragon was an alt.

I didn't know what an alt even was.

A male Black Alt. His egg was laid Jan 30, 2009, he grew up Feb 07, 2009. I love him; he was 'my baby' way back. He was picked up from the AP as an egg.

I don't have an alt Vine, however; currently have 3 grown Vines, all normal.

Hadn't been watching my eggies these past days and came on to find my Black, CB Horse, and CB Harvest eggs all ER, so I popped them into a view hatcheries a while ago. Much to my surprise, my Black hatched into my first alt, with a beautiful 5th even gen purebred lineage too. I am so thankful I picked up an egg when someone was mass breeding. I squeeeeee'd when I saw the lil' darling sitting on my scroll! wub.gif It's only my second Black dragon ever.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

Le sigh.

There's no such thing as an Alt Nebula. There are just different colorations, as with the Stripes, but no Alts. /major pet peeve

I am altless. I have no Alt Blacks and no Alt Vines, though I want an Alt Black more than I do a Vine, and still haven't managed to hatch one in all my days of DC-ing.

And no Alt Sweetlings for me either, lol.

Edited by glamoursea2

How long... FOREVER. @__@ Though one, I think, of my Alt Blacks was gifted. I'm still trying for a Vine alt though. Have been for about a year and a half and no luck.

I can't remember; my first alt was a black, a male one, and (as I were a noob) I didn't knew that it was... well, an alt. Then, some weeks after that, I realised that I had an alt... oh, and that I abandoned one that was 3rd gen x.x

My first alt vine was part of a trade.... tongue.gif

It took me only one try. My first black just hatched alt.

Edited by Katiee

I don't like alt vines or alt blacks. If I had one I'd trade or gift away. I'm not a huge fan of black or vines in general. There is one exception. Always love pretty lineages. I mostly use the black dragons I breed to gift to newbs. I've even seen some of those gifts become apts. I am happy for them because it probably made them amazingly happy for weeks.

Now Sweetlings....I want a pink and an alt. I think I would die of happiness. But mostly because I can add them to my Sugar Apocalypse Army. I am obsessed with the Muffin, Chocolate, Cordial, Bittersweet, Cupcake, Cookie, and any other form of Sugary Dessert themed names and lineages. I am amassing them for the day we will strike and turn all the eggs into Cadbury chocolate and let the world fall into a Sugar Induced Trance and all the cookies and cupcakes and muffins will finally be ours.

Mostly Santa has been the only one on the milk and cookies market for too long.

So my desire for sweetlings is more sugar domination driven. I don't understand the obsession for alts. If you can't have an alt or rare dragon, why not settle for them in your lineages for the meantime. Lineages with rares, especially in neat combinations are just as in demand.

I've never gotten an alt, but I could have from my own breedings. Twice. I bred Vine eggs to do lineage swaps with and succeeded in getting two different eggs. Lo and behold, the 2 eggs that I traded away turned out to be alts. >.> I am never trading non CB Vines and Blacks as eggs ever again.

I picked a vine egg off the AP about 3 weeks after starting to play. It turned out to be a 2nd gen egg and it eventually hatched an alt vine. I was like "WTF is that??" when I first saw it. I thought something was wrong with it, so I looked it up on the DC wiki and it turned out to be an alt vine. I'm still more fond of the non-alt vines, but my little alt vine will always have a place in my heart as my first ever alt.

Alt eggs were a darker color than normal black and vine eggs, so there was no guess work about which was an alt.

I was around for Alt eggs as well. But I never got any Alts during that time.

It took me at least 20 Black eggs to get an Alt - since I had to start trying the Alt lottery.

I didn't get a Vine Alt until I stopped trying for one. I think I must have tried at least 10 times before giving up. My only Alt Vine is inbred, but I still like her.

My first black alt was on my third breeding between by silver x black pair. oh the trouble I had with that pair- I made it three years ago, then silver x black was made impossible (blacks and silvers refused), but I didn't break the pair. Now they can breed with each other, but I realized the benefits of having a cb silver and a cb black in other pairings, so it's become an open relationship.

My first alt vine is the daughter of that black alt.

I wish I had an alt sweetling, can they be bred from an alt, or is it only pinks now?

I have alt blacks and alt vines. Last week I bred three alt. blacks gave one of the black eggs I bred away and it hatched alt, as did two other black eggs.

When I first tried to get my alts it was back when there was actually a slight difference in colour to the alt eggs - sort of different shading of black or green as the case may be so it was easy then to tell if your dragons had bred an alt or not.

Even with the difference it took me a very long time about a month from when the alt blacks were introduced for me to breed my first. Longer then that for me to get an alt vine, I got my first alt vine after I had an alt black and the alt vines had been introduced first. Persnickity things just wanted to give me regular black/vine eggs. This was my first alt vine bred Sept 16/08 http://dragcave.net/lineage/9qky

Then TJ changed it so you couldn't tell if the black/vine egg was alt or not you just took your chances.

Edited by Ramica

I just found out that my alt. Black is horribly horribly inbred... sad.gif I should have examined the lineage more closely right after I stole it from the AP xd.png I'm going to try to get another black alt and release her. Maybe second try will work? Probably not, but it's worth a shot.

I just got an alt black on my first try! When I went on there I was like ZOMG ZOMG I MUST BE DREAMING ZOMG! I really can't believe it. Its lineage isnt too bad either. I wont freeze it tho as the adults are gorgeous.

My first black alt took me maybe an year or so! I have an army of other black dragons and an even bigger army of vynes.By now I only have one alt vyne but I keep all of them,I don't abandon the hatchilngs and I don't release the adults.They are just too dear to me biggrin.gif

Both my first Vine and my first Black alted, I believe, so I guess I'm really lucky, though at the time I'd been hoping for the regular sprites. rolleyes.gif

My first alts came back when you could see the difference as an egg, so I didn't have to "try" for an alt, like you do now. I don't remember how long it took once the alt lottery was implemented.

I got gifted with two Black eggs about a week or so ago. The first one alted. Then the second hatched sometime this morning, and is also an alt! So I guess I'm just incredibly lucky to have had two Blacks alt on me. Haven't got a alt Vine yet, but I'm in no hurry to try for one of them.

Dont remember how many lottery tickets it took for me to get my first alts but recently, I got a sitting alt black hatchie by luck. tongue.gif