topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Got me very few tries to get a vine alt but took a ton of tries to get a black alt. I wasn't hatching very many black eggs and trying the alt lotto like today though.

You need an option for having both a black and green alt.

^ This. I personally went with Black, though, since that was the first one I got. It was back when multi-clutches still happened, but after the egg appearances were standardized. I went through about eight Blacks before one hatched alt, starting in late November and getting my alt in early March; so, a few months.

That was without trading, but black eggs were major AP cloggers back then, and it wasn't exactly challenging to find them when I wanted to. Now, of course, they're harder to breed, so I imagine alts are generally harder to get, too. Especially if you want one with a decent lineage.

I got an Alt Vine on my 5th try. Then I hatched a normal Vine, and then a nicely lineage Alt. Still trying for an Alt Black though. :3

I was lucky enough for my first ever black egg to hatch alt. I kept that one, managed to hatch another ridiculously soon after, and traded that for my first gold. (which I discovered recently is inbred... dry.gif )

Getting an alt vine took me longer... I think I snatched my first one out of the AP, or I might've traded for him. Since then I've hatched at least three more alt blacks (I only recently started playing the lottery again) and one more alt vine.

Got my first alt black on my first try. biggrin.gif But it's inbred. >.>

For vine, 4th time.

Edited by Dragonwing1234

I bred my first vine alt myself, the second egg from my CB pair.

I don't have any black alts because my one CB pair hasn't produced anything yet.

I didn't even try to get alts back in the days and I still don't put much of an effort into getting alts. I like the regular ones better.

The only times that I've actually been hoping for alt vines and alt blacks is when I want to gift them to someone.

I've been playing since the beginning of 2009 (but this year I took a break of 9 months) and even though alts we're supposedly easier to get back then, I only got my first black alt (a 2nd gen male from Magi x Black) after 4 months of playing. Now I've been trying to get my first vine alt, but so far I've had no luck.

My first alt was a black. I remember I bred one of my blacks with a magi, and, since this was back when every dragon could produce more than one egg at a time, when I went to choose an egg from the clutch, I thought, "That black egg's coloring looks a little different..." (I'm not sure if it was just me or if there was an actual color variation). I choose the black egg that I thought looked a little different, of course. :3 Back then, I had no idea what an alt was and was super surprised when it hatched! All my friends were envious and just as confused as I was. X3

Here recently, I bred my CB Black (The same one that produced my black alt for me) to a CB Shadow Walker and gave the black offspring to my boyfriend because he loves black dragons and he really wants alts. The black egg I gave him and another black egg he had both hatched alt. :3 It was pretty exciting since these are his first alts.

It didn't take me very long at all, a wonderful member gifted me black and vine alts and I bred to get a couple more of each, would really like to have alts of every kind lol

My ninth Vine alted and it was the one with the prettiest lineage. XP

I don't have an Alt Black, or an Alt Sweetling, although a Singles Awareness Day dragon is something I desperately wish I could have the chance to get.

My first two alt blacks were given to me. My first alt vine was also given to me. All others were low time egg grabs or hatchling grabs. There were only two that I actually hunted for and that was after the sitting black explosion not too long ago.

I have both, alt black (two of them) and alt vine (one of them). smile.gif Neither have very nice lineages though...

The alt vine I actually got very quickly. It might even have been my first vine egg, which was before I even had my bronze trophy I think. I got it very quickly and easily. Not a good thing though, since it made me think that they were easy to get. tongue.gif It took me a lot longer to get my alt blacks though. One I think I grabbed from the AP and raised myself, the other I was gifted by a friend. I think. xd.png My brain gets foggy this late at night. I can barely remember how I ended up with which dragons, except for my very first few.

It took like forever for me to get my first alt black. Every black egg hatched normal.

But i remember that my first alt was a vine, then i got another one and after many tries, i finally got an alt black! ^^

Az was my first alt, and I bred her myself. She was only my 19th dragon overall. She's from back in the day when you could tell alts in the egg.

My first alt black was caught the same day as my first alt vine, so I'm not sure which was first. D:

Didn't have to 'try' for them though. Back then there was a difference in color between alts and regulars.

My First Alt was a Black, caught in the AP it took forever to find her an alt mate and they're still not a prolific breeding pair, I'm waiting for the day they decide they hate each other.

It's too bad that there isn't a poll option for "one or more of these alts" because I have both alt Blacks and Vines. No alt Sweetlings though.

And it took me a few tries to get them, I just kept on picking up Black and Vine eggs and hatching them.

Right now I'm trying to breed 2nd gen alt Blacks and Vines, but none of them have alted so far.

My first and only alt is this pretty girl here.

I got her from an IRC FFA and was just happy to have gotten a 2nd gen black. When hatced as an alt, my face went like so:

blink.gif -> ohmy.gif -> biggrin.gif

Edited by Maristara

I have 3 adult black alts, 2 second stage black alt freezepop hatchies and 1 first stage freezepop black alt hatchie. Oh and a dorkface adult black alt.

I come from the days when the AP was littered with black and vine eggs and it really wasn't that hard to get the alts (although this was from the time when both alt and non alt eggs were identical). You just played the alt lottery and many of us froze non alt hatchies to get back to grabbing eggs again. I always felt sorry for the hundreds of non alt hatchies dumped in the AP so I used to catch them and freeze them so they at least had a home. This is where my enormous freezepop vine/black army stems from.

It was quite common to see alts in the fansites. If I remember right there were two sorts of black alt hatchie sprites and one was more common than the other.

Oh and I only have a single adult vine alt. I never liked them much so I didn't chase them. When I decided I did like them they were a PITA to get so I haven't bothered wink.gif

My 10 year old who adores DC doesn't have any alts at all. But my other daughter has 4 adult alt vines and a freezepop and also a black freezepop. She was just extremely lucky and it rained alt vines whenever she tried them rolleyes.gif

I don't have any sweetling alts but have plenty of dragons with them in their lineage (mostly thuweds and dorkfaces)

Would I try and get them now? No. Too much hassle and after an 18 month break (no computer) from DC I have way more important things to catch up on than alt vines and blacks.

I ADORE the alt sprite for the 2011 Christmas dragons though, sooooo pretty. I wish we all could breed that colour sprite next year!!

PS can we please have alts for the caveblockers like pebbles? Please TJ please lol

My first alt black was traded for but it was my second black dragon. Couple months later my one and only alt vine came along on the first try; it was a gifted egg from the Mayfair lineage and I was completely shellshocked when it alted.

I don't remember how long it took, but back then they were much easier to come by because:

1. We had multi-clutches, so it was normal to get three or four eggs from breedings.

2. Alt eggs were a darker color than normal black and vine eggs, so there was no guess work about which was an alt. You just kept the darker egg and volia - alt!

So I guess I wasn't particularly lucky in getting alts as much as I was lucky to be gathering them back then. laugh.gif

And cave blockers back then were vines and blacks. xd.png