topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I would need to check all on the poll. I get alt blacks regularly. Probably 1 in 10 of what I hatch maybe. (I do hatch alot.png of black eggs though). I have a hard time getting alt vines though. They seem to be one in 50 or something crazy for me.

I got an alt black very early on. A sitting one, and let her grow. I think she was my second black. I found her on the AP and had no idea what an alt was. xd.png

Edited by thenameisplissken

My first Alt Vine was a messy and inbred little lowtime egg that I picked up during my push for my Gold Trophy in July, http://dragcave.net/lineage/Ofcnr. Picked it up, just so I could freeze it. When it hatched, I thought about not freezing, but I didn't want to take a chance of accidental breeding, so freezing won.

My first (and so far, only) adult Vine is from another AP egg, but he's real pretty! When I looked at the lineage, I prayed that he would Alt, and danced when he did, http://dragcave.net/lineage/ntX31 and you can see why! biggrin.gif

My first Black Alt. hasn't hatched yet! xd.png

Null vote; I have alt blacks and an alt vine, but no alt sweetling. The first vine I bred turned out to be an alt. I don't remember how long it took me to get my first alt black, but I already had a black army, so it didn't take long at all. I also have an alt stone (geode), alt ridgewing, alt dorsal, two-finned bluna, and goldfish.

Been trying for an eternity to get an alt black...lol...hatched lots of regular blacks, therefore my collection of regular blacks on my scroll...until finally a gifted black egg hatched alt...after then I got more alt blacks...

Getting an alt vine was fairly easy compared to getting an alt black...maybe cause it wasn't as important to me...and I wasn't really waiting for an alt vine...

My second vine and my second black were both alts! smile.gif I now have two alt vines, but still only the one alt black. I've been pretty lucky, I guess!

I joined Dragon Cave two or three years ago because I saw someone with an alt black and thought it was pretty, and I wanted one for myself. A couple of weeks ago I got my first alt, after years of trying and failing.

Then I caught a black egg and gave it to a friend of mine, who is still fairly new and didn't have a black egg yet. It was an alt. How's that for luck?

Vine, first bred egg. Except I was very full on eggs at the time and so I decided to abandon it. Whatdya know, it hatches alt. It took about 8 eggs after that for the next one.

Black, took quite a while, ended up being a AP catch but quite inbred.

Edited by Dawnwing

I got my vine alt on my 19th try ^^" The alt black didn't take very long... only about 5 tries or so.

I have actually never attempted to get an alt. XD I was fortunate enough to have two alt blacks gifted to me last christmas, and one alt black gifted to me this year.

I'm pretty happy with blacks, but I probably should try to get an alt vine sometime. .3.

back when you could tell the eggs apart, it only took a few tries, maybe about 6, before you saw an alt egg.

After eggs became the same and I was still looking for alts, it still didn't take me too long. I'm not sure how rare they are now since I'm not collecting them anymore. But basically the Giving Tree or trading is a good way to get one quickly if you don't have the patience to find your own.

Your poll is not very good. Some people have an alt black and alt green and some even have the alt sweetling too. Which one are we supposed to choose?

Edited by Arwen17

I really hope it's not too terribly hard. I'm doing a little personal dream-lineage based on Alt Blacks and regular Nebula Dragons :3

My first alt was a vine and I picked it up from the AP within the first month of playing DC. Haven't had a vine alt since. :P For my blacks, I got my first alt two months after joining, also picked up from the AP.

Breeding my own alts is an entirely different story. x) All, except one, black alts were bred this- sorry, last year during the "alt flood". The one I bred in '09, I dropped into the AP to make room and sadly didn't let it hatch first. In total, I bred more than 30 black offspring before I finally got a self-bred alt to stay on my scroll. Like seriously. Almost all of my blacks are related and descended from a small handful of messy blacks I had picked up when I first started playing and they were cave blockers. :P

My first and onlsy alt so far was from AP around the Christmas time drops, it is not the best looking lineage, and i seen the egg picked up a few times and abondoned again, and after a few tries i managed to grab it, an my last refresh of the AP in that day, and when it hatched into an alt i was more than happy to stalk there for about 1 hour.

My third black was an alt. Not only that, it's an even gen with blacks and gold-butts 8D

I'm not exactly sure how many tries, I've bred my Black at least six or seven times with my Shadow Walker (because everytime I breed it with a common, I get a common) and I always got a no egg produced. I tried again after Christmas, and the first egg my CB Black produced turned out to be an alt. I was so excited :3

I've bred at least 7 vines, picked up just as many and no alt yet sad.gif

The second egg I ever hatched was a black alt, back then I didn't even know it was a alt back then tongue.gif Also it didn't take very long to get an alt vine, I wasn't even trying.. I think it was the second or third vine egg I picked up.

It doesn't seem to have a spot for both but I have a Vine Alt and about 11 black alts. I really worked on getting some 2nd gen sitting black alts as they "sittings" began to reappear again and along with the breedables froze one as well. I have only one Vine alt because I really haven't worked that hard in breeding my CB Vines in order to produce one. They're quite nice but they don't seem to generate (at least to me) the excitement of "sitting" vs. "curled" that the Blacks have. Most of the time I simply don't have the time or space to devote to producing more.

My first alt was a black male and it took about 20 tries before I got him.

My first Black Alt. hasn't hatched yet!  xd.png

...but it just did! biggrin.gif I was gifted this little egg, and it just hatched my first sitting Black Alt! wub.gif

Of course, I still haven't actually bred an alt from my scroll, yet. laugh.gif

I got my first alt...a Black...with the second successful breeding of my then only Black dragon.

Two weeks later I got an alt Vine, that's I'd also bred myself and it, too, was the second breeding for my then only Vine.

The alt Sweetling came almost a year later, but those you don't get by breeding. We got them because one or both of our original Valentine's catches jumped ship during the night to the AP.

Edited by RMMC

It took me around 10-15 blacks before I finally got my first alt. What irked me even more was that my best friend got an alt on her first try, and she didn't even know what it was. dry.gif But at least now I have four beautiful black alts on my scroll, and I'll be trying for a fifth PB.

Strangely, it only took me 9 tries before I got my first alt vine. I was so happy that I made her the leader of the vine dragon clan on my scroll xd.png

Actually, one of my first ten dragons was an alt: a Red Nebula tongue.gif

I still have no Alt Vine and no Sweetling at all and it took me five or so months to get an Alt Black, I traded for it

It took me a month to get a Black alt and after that I collected around 90% of my black alts in the 8 months that followed (this was is 2009, joined dec 2008). I now have 30 including 4 frozen hatchies at varying stages, type, and gender; also 4 inbred. It took me 7 months to get my first vine alt, even now I only have 3 and 1 is inbred, another I barely got a few days before christmas.

No idea it's been so long. I know it was a black. I did, and still do, love blacks, so I used to breed and grab every black in the AP I could. I think I have 12 or so alt blacks, and 10 or so alt greens.

It's been a while since I bred one, but then again, I hardly get ANY black eggs now a days.

My first black, which I wanted very badly, turned into an Alt Black. At that time I didn't really want an alt. For some reason I just wanted a regular black. But, now I have three alt blacks and one alt vine ^-^

Though for some reason I cannot, for the life of me, get an Alt Nebula ;/

No idea about the Sweetlings since I haven't been able to partake in a Valentines Advent on DC yet.

Edited by Tearadria