topeo22

How many tries did it take to get your first alt?

Do you have an alt?  

417 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How many tries did it take to get your first alt? When I first went onto Dragon Cave, a Vine Alt was my third dragon. I got it on my first try (I didn't even know Vines had alts back then), but are the rest of you that lucky?

I also got my alt vine on first try! : DD But I traded my two black alts ;D

Edited by TayTomFAN

I got my alt in a trade, and it was a black. Sadly, I didn't bother freezing it's terrible lineage, and it's the only alt I have so far. I don't really want to take the time to collect alts, nor trade for them. They just don't seem worth the time and effort to create.

I don't remember how long it took, but back then they were much easier to come by because:

1. We had multi-clutches, so it was normal to get three or four eggs from breedings.

2. Alt eggs were a darker color than normal black and vine eggs, so there was no guess work about which was an alt. You just kept the darker egg and volia - alt!

So I guess I wasn't particularly lucky in getting alts as much as I was lucky to be gathering them back then. laugh.gif

It took me two eggs to get a vine alt.

Well over thirty to get a black alt, and even then that one was gifted to me and I didn't hatch it myself. And that was back when blacks were super-hard to get, too.

It took pretty long compared to how long I was playing, but I wasn't aiming for an alt so it doesn't really count.

Edited by dustpuppy

Black Alt on my first try. c:

After trying to find an even generation mate for him. x.x;

I don't remember..... I just remember the eggs were different back then ! The alt eggs were slightly darker and everything bred multiples so you could easily pick.... though I was never quite lucky ):

edit; totally did not see Skauble's post ! ninja.gif

Edited by Zerokins

It's been so long that I can hardly remember. But I recall getting both of my two black alts one after the other, without really even 'trying'. (I just wanted to collect blacks at the time)

With my vine on the other hand, I really wanted an alt so it took me quite awhile to get one. Eventually I got my alt vine after on/off attempts. I may try and get another though.

It didn't take me long to get an Alt Black. That was easy to spot since, as others have mentioned, the Alt eggs used to be slightly darker. I wasn't nearly as lucky with Alt Vines.

I had an easy time getting my first black alt. The only problem was, I bred the wrong dragons together and instead of a second generation alt, I got a messy inbred 14th generation alt. D:

But, I was lucky recently and got a third generation even-gen alt from an accidental breeding so it's all good. :3

Still haven't been lucky with Vines, though. No alts. D:

I don't remember how long it took, but back then they were much easier to come by because:

1. We had multi-clutches, so it was normal to get three or four eggs from breedings.

2. Alt eggs were a darker color than normal black and vine eggs, so there was no guess work about which was an alt. You just kept the darker egg and volia - alt!

So I guess I wasn't particularly lucky in getting alts as much as I was lucky to be gathering them back then. laugh.gif

^^ This

Alt vines and blacks weren't amongst my first eggs, but it didn't take too long to get them.

i just caught an alt vine hatchie off the AP; that was before teleport so it may have been a trade although there was no add for it in the lost and found. i actually only picked it up because it was low timed, too lol.

traded my alt black for a a silver; both being long lineaged and inbred.

what about the other alts though? like ridgewings, dorsals and nebulas? or even stripes?

I got my first alt from breeding my first 2 CB black dragons. I was really happy.

Took me longer to get an alt vine. Random AP catch, very muchly inbred. ^^

Edited by earthgirl

My very first alt I actually got on an AP grab. I was amazed I even got it. I was still in high school and on one of the clunky old fart computers, just derpin' around on the AP and I saw the little curled lovely and snatched her up. :3 I'd only been playing a month, I'm not sure I was even fully aware of the Alt process, it was just "OMG SOMETHING NEW GRAB IT."

My friend's first ever black hatched alt. biggrin.gif

For me, it did take a while to get my first alt black, but not that long. Same goes for my first alt vine.

I got really lucky, and a 2nd gen PB black egg I caught off the AP alted! I did miss my own bred Vine Alt, from my CB Vine x lineaged Gold Tinsel spiral. I'd 'donated' the vine Tinselkin to the AP, and was pleasantly surprised to see it alted! Grats to the owner. smile.gif

I don't know, but maybe the 3rd black egg I got. My first alt is from July 2009, and I joined in May.

The first vine I ever picked up alted, although I actually think the normal vine looks better. The first black I ever bred alted, but I traded it before it hatched sad.gif. Luckily, I got a lovely black egg as a request, and it alted! I was so excited.

I'm so sad I missed alt sweetlings. They're one of my favorite sprites in the cave.

You need an option for having both a black and green alt.

:v I don't recall how long it took me to get a black alt...

I grabbed eggs from the AP. Still need a female.

The first AP egg I ever picked up when I started was an Alt Vine. I didn't even know there WERE Alts, so I found it weird that everyone else's Vines looked different.

And two of my first four Blacks alted... Funny because I generally have bad luck.

i only have one alt, a black. i dont remember which "try" it was, because i was never trying for one. just collecting nice lineages, and i lucked out on one of them. :> alt sweetlings are my favorite DC species, though. ^^

My 8th and 9th Vines were both alt, which makes me wonder if hatching time has anything to do with it being alt or not.

My 7th Black is Alt.

Surprisingly, One of my vine alts and my black alt are both PB Even 3rd Gens.