HollyTheColliegirl

Is It Just Me Or...

I don't know about you, but I seem to have noticed trends in the eggs that I pick up from the AP.

Such as:

- Terraes are commonly tinselfails or nice lineages

- Whites are usually messy with Blacks and Metallics in their lines

Have you noticed any other trends of lineages in breeds from the AP?

*Note* Not to be confused with Great Lineages Found In AP.

Edited by HollyTheColliegirl

The poor AP Whiptails always are super messy lineages. I either find a CB one or a very, VERY messy lineaged one.

It's sad because I wish there were more Purebred or Nice Lineaged ones to adopt! I love Whiptails!

I found a very nice white tinsel fail: Lineage here. Since I love the whites, it definitely has a home with me. smile.gif

Oh, and I picked up a wonderful purebred 4th gen Ember the other day. It was even gen, so I gifted it on that thread. I'm not doing anything with Embers right now and figured someone would love it.

Edited by whoeverxwins

I found a very nice white tinsel fail: Lineage here. Since I love the whites, it definitely has a home with me. smile.gif

Oh, and I picked up a wonderful purebred 4th gen Ember the other day. It was even gen, so I gifted it on that thread. I'm not doing anything with Embers right now and figured someone would love it.

That should go in the Great Lineages Found In AP thread, this thread is for noting trends about certain breeds' lineages in the AP. :3

i have two terraes on my scroll right now...they're both tinselfails. one is from gold, and the other one is from bronze

My experience:

- Whites often have nice, EG lineages.

-- That, or they're Gold-fails.

- Blacks are often long, messy Gold-fails.

- Waters are often Failunas or Failfishes, understandably.

- Greens/Pebbles are often long and messy.

- Embers are usually nice; short PBs or Tinsel-fail/Tinselkins.

- Nebulas are often long and messy

- Geodes are often long and messy.

- Stripes are often messy or nice PB EGs.

I'm sure many people have different experiences, however.

EDIT: And yes, a lot of Terraes seem to be Tinsel-fails/Tinselkins

Edited by AlternateMew

Skywings, Vines and Guardians are often with horrible, messy lineages. Horses and Ridewings I only found pretty even gens/stairsteps, same counts for albinos.

Stripes are usually messy.

Blacks are usually messy.

Magis are usually messy.

Whites are generally nice/EG.

Hellfires are usually nice, EG and low lineaged. Or Tinselfails but I usually find terrares as tinselfail more often.

Seasonals are generally nice lineaged.

I find it weird that someone saw messy nebulas. nebuals i found are usually nice and i do make a habit of trying to drop nice, EG nebs into the AP. maybe that's just me though.

Skywings, Vines and Guardians are often with horrible, messy lineages. Horses and Ridewings I only found pretty even gens/stairsteps, same counts for albinos.

This is so true! For some reason, Horses on the AP almost always seem to have very, very pretty lineages -- often PB-EG ones! Makes me wonder if the type of people who like to collect Horse dragons are generally "horse people," and enjoy things like breeding and lineages more than the average dragon collector!

And the Guardians... you know, just a day or two ago, someone did a mass breeding of Guardians and filled the AP. I picked some up to look, expecting to see nice lineages since someone was breeding their whole scroll's worth, apparently -- but no, they were all vErY messy and long-lineaged. Hmm.

Whites are usually Tinselfails.

Terraes are always usually Tinselfails.

Blacks are usually Goldfails.

Stones are usually CB.

Embers are usually lowish-gen Tinselfails.

Mints are usually low but messily lineaged.

Might add more later. :3

Vines are almost always messy messy messy.

Blacks are often messy but I have seen a lot more nicely-lineaged ones in the AP lately.

Yes, Terrae eggs in the AP seem to be tinselfails nine out of ten times. Most of my Terrae dragons are tinselfails as a result.

Spitfires in the AP are almost always caveborn.

I expected there to be a lot of CB sun/moonstone eggs in the AP - like the strange marking eggs in the old days - and I do see a lot of CB Sunstones, but NOT a lot of CB Moonstones.

Most Bluna are either very messy lineages or very pretty Even Gens. biggrin.gif Of course, I keep the even gen ones. Same with the Shallow water. I have a 4th Even Gen "PB" shallow water from the AP

I find gorgeous purple dorsals that get abandoned because the breeder needed a red one. I got to pick up this and this in less than a minute.

And embers are very often bronze-tinselfails, stairstep or spiral.

And the Guardians... you know, just a day or two ago, someone did a mass breeding of Guardians and filled the AP. I picked some up to look, expecting to see nice lineages since someone was breeding their whole scroll's worth, apparently -- but no, they were all vErY messy and long-lineaged. Hmm.

I think I saw the same drop. Either that or there's been some 'breed all your Guardians' movement that I missed, because the ones I picked up were all 2nd gen and not half bad. They all came from the same scroll, too, by the looks of it.

I've noticed that Terraes and Whites tend to be tinselfails, and blacks are usually messy and/or inbred.

What I find interesting (apart from people apparently being all about Terrae/Tinsel stairsteps) are the Shallow Waters. Blunas, Shallow Waters, and Geodes are all pretty much in the same boat, but for some reason, while I always seem to find an even ratio of messy-to-nice lineages on Blunas and Geodes, Shallow Waters are usually even gen and obviously bred with some care.

Pinks, too, seem more prone to having nice lineages than, say, Reds, Purples, or Magis, and Vines seem more likely to be purebred or tinselfails than Blacks.

Also, I have seen and picked up a fair share of Ember tinselfails, and spied a lot of Nebula/Trio combinations. And purebred Dark Mist pygmies.

Most everything is usually messy, long-lineaged, and/or inbred. An exception being Spitfires, which are usually CB and occasionally Nocturnes, Fogs, and Whiptails.

Strangely, I usually find Ridgewings have the shortest, cleanest lineages of all the eggs in the AP. Stripes, Geodes, Blunas, and Pinks are hit or miss. Those are the trends I notice, at least =o

I'm thinking I'll list the breeds and then underneath what trends have been noticed about them on the first post.

If anyone can think of a different solution please post it. smile.gif

Horses are usually messy, but every once in a while someone, or a few someones, mass breed nice even-gen, usually pb, horse eggs. I'm actually waiting for the next mass breeding, since the two horses I caught in the last one rejected each other.

Terraes are usually tinselfails and most eggs seem to have long, messy lineages, though whites will always be picked up quickly.

Whiptails are definitely usually CBs. During my AP clearing moods, most whiptails I caught were CBs.

It's pretty easy to find CB terraes in the AP, as well as some guardians, BBW and whiptails. People pick them up to move the cave and they tend to end up in the AP, which is not all that bad for people like me who are looking for those CB supercommons.

Nebulas are usually messy lineaged. After the alt release, people started breeding with whatever they could only to hatch the alts. I used to drop PB second gen nebulas in the AP from time to time. Stopped doing it after that. Now I rarely breed them at all.

Whites, some are nice lineaged, most are so messy it hurts. Same with blacks, most are very messy but, sometimes, you find some jewel in there.

I have not had much experiece in AP hunting, but I have noticed that;

Many whites are inbred or have long, messy lineages

Vines are also often inbred or have long, messy lineage

Magis are often failfishes or inbred with long, messy lineages

There are different breeds of eggs in the AP which are tinsel fails but the most common ones are terraes. Some blacks, vines, whites, hellfires, sunsongs etc do have pretty lineages and are my most snagged after eggs.