Stromboli

Display collected ornaments

Wreaths appear to have closed, and with that all of the lovely ornament inventories have vanished.

Dunno about anyone else, but I really liked looking at all the ornaments, even the ones I didn't intend to use in my decoration. I'd like to propose that the ornament inventories remain after decorating has closed. Put a divider or something between it and the wreath image to still mark that the ornaments can't be used, but leave them here for us to look at. If this could be done retroactively for trees, too, that would be fantastic.

I know that the ornaments are all displayed on the forum thread for the event, but threads have a nasty habit of disappearing... It'd be nice to have it on our scrolls.

Maybe we could go to a different page where they are lined up like the eggs are for the Easter hunt - 'look at your collected baubles' or something like that. That way we get to admire them still, but they don't distract from the final wreath image, which was actually a bit annoying, and I like them gone from that page, but not gone for good.

For this year's event it would definitely be easy to put ornaments as another 'page' of the big red book. :3

My crib was the closing without warning, I decided I would decorate mine today after finally getting a idea in my head, however the weath was already closed. :-/

I don't mind not being able to see the decorations, but no where did it say a date of closing on the decorating of the weaths, so it has caught hudnreds of DC members out. huh.gif

I think its the biggest disappointment this year in fact...

Yeah, well... I was too annoyed about that to make any kind of politely worded suggestion regarding it, but if you wanna try to get it re-opened, feel free. But since tree decorating didn't re-open when it was supposed to have after the contest was done, my hopes aren't particularly high in that respect.

I just want to be able to look at something other than an empty wreath. I logged in and collected the ornaments every day, I'd like to be able to see them...

I completely support this! Like any other Events' collectables, If I collected them I should be able to see them biggrin.gif

And I'm referring to the last year's ornaments too. Figure that I don't even remember many of them: don't you think that it's a pity forgetting [this year's and last year's] decorations, as a lot of spriters worked on them for hours and at last their work can't be enjoyed and remembered?

Hm... if I had known I would never see them again I would have added more to my wreath...

This! I wrongly assumed that we would still be able to *see* the ornaments we collected. I would have decorated differently if I had known the unused ones would just disappear.

And like many others, I'd have decorated differently from the beginning had I known that the wreaths would be locked despite having no competition, never mind without warning...

TJ, may we pleeeeease at some point have an announced opening for wreath decoration and a decent chance to redecorate?

And if the wreaths are to be re-locked, a warning of when, so we know?

RL does get in the way of DC sometimes.

Although I'd hate to do without it, lol.

I support this as well. For the wreath and the tree. If we could at least see the decorations, it would make up for never getting to play with the tree like it was said we were supposed to.

Honestly I think it is FAR too far in the past for it to happen now.