sakana

Ridiculous Customer Service!

So earlier today I read this completely insane customer service exchange between a fellow who was wondering when an order he'd already been charged for would ship and a "marketing professional" who had no idea of the meaning of PR. It was one of the most completely nuts interactions I've ever seen. Some choice quotes - spelling and grammar kept intact with the exception of one small edit to keep things PG:

Things happen in manufacturing if your unhappy you have 7 days from the day your item ships for a refund. You placed a pre order just like any software title the gets a date moved due to the tweaks and bugs not being worked out and GameStop or any other place holds your cash and im sure you don’t complain to activision or epic games so put on your big boy hat and wait it out like everyone else. The benefit is a token of our appreaciation for everyone no one is special including you or any first time buyer . Feel free to cancel we need the units were back ordered 11,000 units so your 2 will be gone fast. Maybe I’ll put them on eBay for 150.00 myself. Have a good day Dan.

Welcome to the Internet ? Son Im 38 I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a [lewd way of saying "twinkle in your daddy's eyes"] and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up.  Grow up you look like a complete child bro. I Don’t have my controller so im gonna cry to the world … Really ??

These supposedly being said by a marketing professional?!? What on Earth! He goes on to belittle a guy who's actually kind of a big deal in the video games industry to his face, then backpedals like an idiot. Thankfully the manufacturing company that hired his "marketing expertise" has since kicked him to the curb. The guy has tried to apologize, but his apologies sound more like excuses.

I used to work in customer service, and if I had tried to say -half- of what this guy did, even if the customer deserved it, I'd have been fired so fast my head would spin! After reading all that, I'm in a mood now to hear other peoples' tales of customer service woe and joy. Ever been in a situation like this? Ever had a really good experience with a customer service rep? Have you ever worked in customer service? Maybe if there's interest, I'll share some of my horrifying tales from the trenches working the phones for a video game company.

Ever read Not Always Right? There are some things in there that you can't help but weep for the future upon reading.

This is win. xd.png

I haven't worked customer service officially, but I work in a three person store, so we all handle PR stuff and I've only ever had two really obnoxious customers. I work in a pharmacy and we had this guy come in one day with a script. There was clearly something up (drunk, high, or something) and he gave us the script to fill. He told our pharmacist that it was going to be through worker's compensation and gave us the information. Our pharmacist examined the script and found out that comp wouldn't allow it to be filled for about a week. He told the man that he wouldn't be able to fill it until that date and started to hand the script back to the man. Meanwhile he had explained why he couldn't fill it and that if he wanted to pay the cash price he could, but that comp wouldn't allow us to fill it just yet. The man shoved the script back into the pharmacist's hand and told him to fill it. So we have it filled and we bring it down and ring him out at like $70 because it wasn't covered. He stopped me and asked why comp didn't cover it. I tried again to explain that comp wouldn't cover it yet and he basically threw the bag with the medication at me. The pharmacist (also the owner) tried explaining it again and the man accused him of being too lazy to call comp. (He called comp twice with the man watching and even had the man talk to someone on the other end for a minute.) He proceeded to say that his doctor had warned him about our pharmacist (that he was a lazy and good for nothing pharmacist and a dead beat dad too) and that he had better put that script through comp or he was going to call his lawyer. We still had the script at this point so the pharmacist gave it back to the man and unpackaged the meds and asked him to leave. The man stood in front of the pharmacist's station for another minute, swore and demanded that we put the script through comp. The pharmacist told him to leave or that he was going to call the police and finally the man left. Our pharmacist later told us that if it had been a controlled substance script he wouldn't have given it back (but it was just for an antibiotic, so it really wasn't a big deal)

The only other rude customer I have has a bit of an excuse. She's in a power wheelchair and has trouble opening the doors. Every time she comes in she tells us that we have to put in a button on the door for it to be handicap accessible. I understand that it's a reasonable request, but the way that everything is set up it isn't possible and every time she is coming to the door we send someone up to open it for her. We haven't been beaten to the door even once, but she still complains.

Other than those two we only have generally really nice customers. It's nice to work in a small town where people care about each other xd.png

Oh man, that reminds me of an absolutely terrible experience I had with an EA Live Chat person. The game was The Sims 3, and I launched one of the game's expansion pack towns, only to have it corrupt within five minutes (literally). It even spread into the other towns, and I eventually had to uninstall to fix it.

I specified a Mac chat because I run Mac, and this is what I got:

EA: Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is (EA agent name) how may I help you?

you: Hi, I'm Sugarmew, and there's an issue with the Ambitions town.

EA: Hello Sugarmew

EA: Please let me assure you that I will try my best to resolve the issue to your satisfaction. 

you: The problem is that once after patching to Pets, the entire town corrupted.

EA: Alright, May I know you tried to update your base game ?

you: The last time I patched was when the Pets updates were released.

you: Have there been any updates released since then?

EA: No, There are not any recent updates. May I know your launcher version for the game ?

you: Do you mind giving me a few minutes?

EA: I don't mind.

you: Thank you.

EA: You are welcome.

you: Game version: [game version]

EA: Yes, The game is updated to the latest version.

EA: May I know what do you mean by corrupted, means its not working properly or you are not able to launch the game ?

you: By corrupted, I mean that if I have someone get a Firefighting job, the lot tags (besides the one for the fire station) all vanish, and it spreads into other towns, like Appaloosa Plains.

you: So I can LAUNCH it, but it corrupts incredibly fast.

you: And this didn't happen before the Pets patch.

EA: Yes, Its seems to be the issue of your expansion files got corrupted.

EA: I am providing you some troubleshooting steps and reinstallation steps for the Ambition expansion.

EA: Delete Temporary Folder:

1. Double click on "My Computer"

2. Double click on the C: drive

3. Double click on the "Windows" folder.

4. Double click on the "Temp" folder.

5. Hold the "CTRL" key and tap the "A" key to select all.

6. Tap the "Delete" key on your keyboard and accept the "Are you sure you want to delete these files" prompt.

you: I run Mac!

EA: Okay, Sorry.

EA: Please visit this location in your system and delete this folder Ambitions: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions

you: I told you, I run Mac. I don't have any kind of folder like that.

EA: I am afraid to inform you that we don't have such steps to delete Ambition expansion manually from the MAC operating system.

you: MAC? What's a MAC? Does it stand for something? Because I run Mac. Not MAC. Unless it stands for Mine's Always Corrupting.

EA: I mean the Mac.

EA: You must uninstall your whole game and reinstall it again. Its the only option.

you: Again? Really? Honestly, your team is so incompetent when it comes to Mac users,

EA: I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. Mac don't have such options to uninstall the game manually.

you: You know what? I am going to say right here, if you don't start getting the EA team to port Sims 3 over properly I'm going to stop purchasing anu of your products.

you: **any

EA: I apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced in getting proper support. I understand your time is valuable. But we don't have exact resolution for this issue as of now. Our developer team is working on it to provide best troubleshooting steps for Mac.

you: I don't believe that one bit. You've been promising Mac users a patch for the pixelly Sims when they update to Lion, and you still haven't released one.

EA: I can understand your disappointment. Its not in our hand to make a patch. Our developer is working hard on all the issues. Please allow us some more time. I appreciate your patience.

you: Patience? Mac user's patience ran out a long time ago. Have you not figured that out yet?

EA: We don't have any updates from our developer team yet. The only information from our higher department that they are working on it.

you: For over 2 months? It does NOT take that long to make a patch.

EA: Sometimes it happens. They created the patch earlier but the results are not good. They are working on a new patch.

EA: Clearly, we’ve upset you and I want you to know that getting to the bottom of this is just as important to

me as it is to you.

you: Your team upset me a long time ago, when I installed Pets.

you: I just didn't have an EA account then, so I couldn't contact you.

EA: You have a valid reason to be disappointed. We are in chat support. We can't create patches. Its in the hand of our developer team.

you: Well, two days ago I contacted someone because The Sims 3 site was glitching on Firefox, and there has been no kind of fix.

you: So I stopped believing you guys when you said you'd make patches a long time ago.

EA: I can understand your disappointment. But I can't do anything from my end. I am forwarding your concern once again to our developer team.

you: TBH I don't believe any of your team anymore when they say they'll forward my concern. Thank you (EA agent name). What tiny wisps of faith I had left in your team is now nonexistant. Goodbye.

Obviously, I lost my temper there, because I've already had bad experiences with EA. But if I specify a Mac chat and get Windows instructions twice, why do I even bother? Ugh.

~Cavey

Of course, the so-called marketing professional dug his own grave when he decided to be rude to someone from Penny Arcade. You can bet he's going to be getting a lot of rude and angry messages from the people who support the website.

I had a sales assistant at a DVD shop recently tell me that if he hadn't heard of a DVD, then it didn't exist. dry.gif When I looked around the shelves and found it myself, I went back and showed him. Arrogant git.

I've got a cousin who works for the telecommunications Ombudsman and the stories I hear about the shocking things phone companies have said and done is just hilarious. I've never found a good customer service person in telecommunications. Ever. No offense to anyone here who works in that industry though, I'm sure you're great at it, but the people I've talked to haven't been.

So on Christmas eve, my bf and I were shopping for a tablet. We had gone to one branch of this store, and they said they had run out of stock of the one we were looking for so we asked them to look it up on their computer. They told us all the ones that it said there was stock left. So then we called one just to confirm and they told us they had 4-5 left in stock, so we drove for an hour to get there only to be told that there was none left and one of the sales associates made a mistake checking >.>;

Oh man, that reminds me of an absolutely terrible experience I had with an EA Live Chat person.

I don't see how that was horrible. Yeah, they repeated the windows instructions twice, but they were polite and tried to be encouraging to the best of their ability since there was no way for them to fix problems on a mac. I applaud them for their ability to stay so polite and understanding under an onslaught of condescending, misdirected ranting. That's like the ideal behavior for someone in customer service.

I don't see how that was horrible. Yeah, they repeated the windows instructions twice, but they were polite and tried to be encouraging to the best of their ability since there was no way for them to fix problems on a mac. I applaud them for their ability to stay so polite and understanding under an onslaught of condescending, misdirected ranting. That's like the ideal behavior for someone in customer service.

Oh trust me, EA support is a joke. I've seen many many many copy/pastes and screenshots of their terrible customer service that it's not even funny, and I've been playing The Sims games as long as EA have been developing them.

People who play on the Mac are having the worst of it right now. There are plenty of issues with Windows as it is, but Mac players are REALLY getting the shaft because EA completely borked it.

ETA: And I just read about the awful customer experience that the OP specified about today as well. Absolutely sickening behavior, and that guy is still running his mouth on Twitter as hundreds, maybe even thousands are now attacking him, lol.

Edited by xXAngelicEvilXx

I see a lot of customer support cases where it's really the customer's fault. Customer support doesn't have much control over a product at all, and they don't really have a way to bring anything to their superiors. When people complain about the way something is working, there really isn't anything they can do if their superiors did not give them direction. Customer support isn't some magical place that can pull a solution out of a bag. My aunt works in customer support, and I can tell you, I would never want to work there. Her job is stressful, and people constantly insult her even when she does all she can for the customer.

I see a lot of customer support cases where it's really the customer's fault. Customer support doesn't have much control over a product at all, and they don't really have a way to bring anything to their superiors. When people complain about the way something is working, there really isn't anything they can do if their superiors did not give them direction. Customer support isn't some magical place that can pull a solution out of a bag. My aunt works in customer support, and I can tell you, I would never want to work there. Her job is stressful, and people constantly insult her even when she does all she can for the customer.

I agree that customers often expect too much from customer support. Most of the time, people answering the phones and dealing with the customers don't have any control over what happens with the shipments or the products itself, yet they are the ones that get yelled at when things go wrong.

However, customer service workers have no excuse for being rude or condescending towards customers when all they're asked is a simple question like 'why is my order late?'.

Dave, at Penny Arcade, was upset because his paid-in-full order was late and he wanted to know why, and when it would actually arrive. The man he spoke to acted condescending, entitled, and rude. He was completely in the wrong and I'm sure if his superiors heard about this incident, he will be severely reprimanded.

I got to become intimately acquainted with the Customer Support of both Sony and Fed Ex when my PS3 failed to come back from its fix-up.

Got to say, Sony has some pretty good CS(not all were helpful, but all were polite and connected me to someone helpful). Fed Ex...not so much.

"Yeah, calling for an update about package tracking number XXXXxxxxXXXXxxxx."

"Okay, let me look it up."

"I know it says I signed for it on the 17th, but that's impossible since I was at work at the time. There was no way I could have signed for the package."

"Ah! Here we go, yep. It says right here it was signed for by Jennifer censorkip.gif***. Was there anything else you needed?"

A variation of that conversation was played out EVERY single time I called them. It took me five calls to Fed Ex to finally get someone to tell me I had to call Sony to make a claim on the package.

It was like pulling teeth to get useful info out of Fed Ex. Even after I got a name and ex. to speak to the person handling the claim, I still usually had to get a general CS worker to connect me, and usually only after they tracked the number for me first.

"I didn't sign for it."

"...but it says it was signed for, on the 17th, by Jennifer."

"I know, I'm Jennifer. It was signed for at 2:07pm by me on a Tuesday in August. Over a month ago."

"..."

"I was at work, miles away, at 2:07pm on the 17th of August, a Tuesday. I have provided documentation to you guys, proving I was at work at the time."

"Oh..."

"I really just wanted you to connect me to So-and-So. Please."

It took me, oh, four months to get a refurbished PS3 from Sony. Sony was awesome throughout the entire thing, even though around month three I started to call them already annoyed and usually rude. I got it in the mail literally a week after i bought myself a brand new Xbox360.

The worst Customer Support I've ever had was from Bank of America. I can't even remember what I called about, what the guy said, all I know is it ended with me saying, "Yeah? *expletive deleted* you too buddy!"

I was mildly rude to Sony and Fed Ex after three months of phone tag, five minutes on the phone got that out of me.

The best Customer Support I've ever received was from Super Walmart, of all places. I needed a receipt in June for a purchase made in cash the December before, i couldn't remember the date. Do you know haw many transactions they do in the Holiday season? They were like, "All right, we will find it!" It took two weeks, but find it they did. Incredibly polite, and very helpful.

Edited by Draco Knight

So on Christmas eve, my bf and I were shopping for a tablet. We had gone to one branch of this store, and they said they had run out of stock of the one we were looking for so we asked them to look it up on their computer. They told us all the ones that it said there was stock left. So then we called one just to confirm and they told us they had 4-5 left in stock, so we drove for an hour to get there only to be told that there was none left and one of the sales associates made a mistake checking >.>;

I hate when that happens--as a retail employee, I just feel terrible telling a customer we have something only to try to find it to put it on hold for them after they've hung up (because sometimes they call when we're really busy and there's just not time to make sure we have the actual item itself beyond just a number in the system) and the item is missing. ;_; I just feel so bad for them! (Especially when the item turns up later someplace it wasn't supposed to be. >_>')

But I'm glad you were smart enough to call--if people come in looking for an item we didn't know to put on hold for them, they get mad at us. Right, because we're psychic and knew you were coming for it when nobody even checked with us to make sure we really had it in stock.

(Obviously, in your case, it really was the employees fault for the mistake, though.)

I love NAR, though--yes, sometimes the employee messes up, but there are plenty of times customers are just plain stupid!

But man, this guy in the OP... What a joke. -_-' If he has no freakin' clue, just tell the customer what he knows and explain that unfortunately he doesn't have more information at that time and apologize for it--maybe, if possible, refer the customer to somebody who has more information or who could get more.

I lol'd at the "thanks for the free PR". Negative PR is worse than no PR, idiot. -_-' It doesn't take somebody working in the field to understand that!

I just kinda facepalmed at the "side with the company not the customer" bit. And who the heck does he think it is that keeps said company in business? >_>

I mean, side with the company when the customer is wrong--but sometimes, the company (or at least an employee at the company) is the one wrong. Sheesh.

But dang, it's not nice that people are taking out hate on the controller--it was the idiot PR guy who was at fault, not the product itself! D:

It's really just plain stupid when people do that--yeah, get pissed at PR for screwing up, but don't hate on the product, or boycott the company for their mistake. D:

As for my personal CS interactions... The worst I got was this one time some years ago when zoids could still be bought in stores. I called around, looking specifically for a Berserk Fury. So, I called up this store in the mall, and this guy named Keith was like "Yeah, we got zoids. What's it look like?" and I explained that it was a T-Rex type-thing. He put me on hold for a few minutes to check (supposedly, anyway) and came back and was like "Yeah, we'll hold that for you." So, my mom and I get there... And they were holding the Liger Zero (now that I think about it, I should have bought it anyway--could use it for spare parts to fix up the one I already had!). :| They never had any Furys. -_-' He was "on break" so we decided to wait around and ask him--because, hey, people make mistakes, I just wanted to know what happened.

Some time after he was supposed to be back... He wasn't. And one of the only two other employees had to go take her break even though it was busy, and basically it seemed that Keith had ditched work on multiple occasions before. -_-' Terrible employee who really ought to have been fired (I hope he was fired eventually, ditching work, not bothering to help customers properly...), but the other employees were really nice, they were sorry we got Keith because he screwed up other times, and I couldn't have been happier to have talked to them.

I don't really have a "best" story, though, because usually I get pretty good CS if I'm having a problem. I'm lucky. XD

My brother lives in Australia and for my birthday he gave me a cheque for $200, unfortunately it was from his Australian bank account and it would take a while for it to process. I deposited the cheque, and I waited, and waited. I'm not one to complain, so it took me 3 months of nothing happening before I finally went to the bank and asked about it.

I told the manager at that branch that I deposited an Australian cheque 3 months ago and it has yet to transfer into my bank account. She did very minimal searching and then asked me in her talking-to-a-3-year-old voice if I had really deposited it at this bank and not at some other bank. I told her that this is the only bank I go to, and I even told her the till that I was at when I deposited the cheque and I described the teller that I dealt with when I deposited my cheque.

I started to get frustrated as she continued to try to convince me that I was either a liar or I had the worst memory in the world. She spent much, much more time insisting that I must have deposited it another bank instead of actually trying to find out what happened to it. She even started trying to convince me that I must not have deposited the cheque at all and that I must have just thought I deposited the cheque and really it's sitting at home right now. I finally just turned around and left before I lost my cool and as I was leaving she called out, "YEAH SO JUST BRING THE CHEQUE HERE THAT YOU FORGOT TO DEPOSIT AND THEN WE CAN DEPOSIT IT FOR YOU." The urge to flip her off was immense.

I was so angry that she basically called me a liar because she was too incompetent to find out what happened to my cheque and too lazy to call someone else who might know. I told my mom what happened and she called the higher ups of that bank. They found my cheque immediately, and the next day the money was deposited into my account. They also gave me a $20 gift certificate to the mall to apologize for their manager being an unhelpful condescending idiot.

I've gotten relatively lucky with CS before. The only bad experiences were with EA and with Dick's.

I bought the fifth HP game as a download from the EA online store (now Origin) and installed it. It froze constantly and they really couldn't help. Their excuse was that I was running Windows 7 and that they didn't support it yet, but their website said that it was XP and above. It didn't say anything about 7. I just gave up after 3-4 weeks of trying to get them to do something about it. So it was stuck on my hard drive until I manually uninstalled it with the registry, because the uninstaller for the game didn't work on 7. >.> It was a pain in the ass.

My bad experience with Dick's was quickly resolved. My Callaway driver broke. The head flew off when I hit a ball (clean hit, nothing to cause it) and they told me they wouldn't replace it. They said it was my fault and that I had probably wrapped it around a tree, because that's how that particular break usually came to be. It's a driver, I mean come on, you don't hit a ball anywhere near a tree with a driver! So we appealed to the manager who said the same thing, then called my golf coach, who was present at the time of the break. He came down to Dick's to try and help (really nice guy) and we eventually threatened going to the regional manager, because my mom went to high school with him. They gave in with that threat. Never buying another Callaway again and I've avoided giving Dick's business whenever possible. Got my latest driver used at a Golf Galaxy (custom fitted) and it is absolutely perfect, couldn't have asked for better service or a better club. It was cheaper than new, and the shaft was perfect for me (it had been redone for the previous customer, who had used it maybe once or twice) and there was a brand new grip on it too.

Oh man, that reminds me of an absolutely terrible experience I had with an EA Live Chat person. The game was The Sims 3, and I launched one of the game's expansion pack towns, only to have it corrupt within five minutes (literally). It even spread into the other towns, and I eventually had to uninstall to fix it.

I specified a Mac chat because I run Mac, and this is what I got:

Obviously, I lost my temper there, because I've already had bad experiences with EA. But if I specify a Mac chat and get Windows instructions twice, why do I even bother? Ugh.

~Cavey

Ugh, EA customer service is the worst. I wanted to know how to download an expansion pack to a specific drive, and a bunch of broken English later I don't even get the proper answer.

I agree that customers often expect too much from customer support. Most of the time, people answering the phones and dealing with the customers don't have any control over what happens with the shipments or the products itself, yet they are the ones that get yelled at when things go wrong.

However, customer service workers have no excuse for being rude or condescending towards customers when all they're asked is a simple question like 'why is my order late?'.

Dave, at Penny Arcade, was upset because his paid-in-full order was late and he wanted to know why, and when it would actually arrive. The man he spoke to acted condescending, entitled, and rude. He was completely in the wrong and I'm sure if his superiors heard about this incident, he will be severely reprimanded.

Sure, I'm certain there are customer service operators who are rude. However, just because some are rude, that shouldn't reflect the whole. If there are 100 customer service operators and only 10 are rude to customers, it is likely the whole group is going to be seen as "rude."

Basically bad customer service comes down to this: would you have been willing to pay more for the product if you could have talked with qualified agents who you could understand?

Its easy to say yes, now that people have had to deal with such bad customer service for so many years, but when the statistics are shown, the answer to the above question is overwhelmingly No.

Even if people would band together and decide to reverse the direction the world had taken, I am afraid its a lot too late.

In my customer service job, in the United States, for a United States company and consumers, here are two of the biggest questions I get,

"Why do you use people overseas for some of your phone agents, I don't like that.." followed up by "Why don't I get more coupons and why are there exclusions?"

I decided sugar coat what I really wanted to post.

The only other rude customer I have has a bit of an excuse. She's in a power wheelchair and has trouble opening the doors. Every time she comes in she tells us that we have to put in a button on the door for it to be handicap accessible. I understand that it's a reasonable request, but the way that everything is set up it isn't possible and every time she is coming to the door we send someone up to open it for her. We haven't been beaten to the door even once, but she still complains.

Other than those two we only have generally really nice customers. It's nice to work in a small town where people care about each other xd.png

I've worked in customer service for decades. I think I've managed to block nearly everything out thank goodness. Although customers do cause trouble on purpose a lot of the time, that I do remember. I've also been on the receiving end of incompetence too. tongue.gif

That woman in the wheelchair could be horribly embarrassed that people are helping her, or rush to help her and is using anger as a cover. Accomplishing something as simple as opening a door is a big deal. Maybe on days where it's not raining or cold, and when if you know she's coming in, you could leave it propped open, if that is doable. I wonder if that would cause more trouble.

Many tears ago when I liked anime and such, I ordered some DVDs and a box of pocky from a website I had ordered from before. I know it usually takes about 3-4 weeks for stuff to be sent out. Bust after the second month I emailed them. I was told they were out of stock, then waiting a bit longer I was told the manufacturing company was having problems. I waited another month and asked again. I was told again they were still having issues...so I waited. And emailed again. They then asked if I wanted a refund and I said yes. They emailed me again and asked it I wanted the other product. I said yes, whatever just refund my for my purchase on the thing that couldn't be sent (I was assuming it was the DVDs). I waited again, no response, no shipment, for another month. This whole ordeal lasted six months. I emailed them again asking if they were going to send my shipment soon. If I remember correctly they offered a refund again. I told them to refund my whole order this time and I waited and still got nothing. I told this to a friend and they said something about threatening them with the Better Business Bureau and I mentioned that in my last email to the site and I got my DVDs in 2 weeks. No pocky though, so I guess whatever machine somewhere was too broken to make pocky.

I've dealt with the site before and this was the only bad experience I ever had with them. Unfortunately it was bad enough to never get anything from them again.

Edited by Wookieinmashoo

One time I gave a table the grossest food, on a dirty table, no crayons for the kid, and never refilled drinks. Why? The man of the table called me a dyke.

One time I gave a table the grossest food, on a dirty table, no crayons for the kid, and never refilled drinks. Why? The man of the table called me a dyke.

So you punished the whole table?

Basically bad customer service comes down to this: would you have been willing to pay more for the product if you could have talked with qualified agents who you could understand?

Sorry, I disagree with this 100%!

American Companies use overseas phone operators because it's extremely cheap, yes. They can pay an overseas worker 10% of what they can pay an American worker at minimum wage. But, it's not because the company can't afford it. Because, let's face it, the biggest companies in America use overseas customers service, while the smaller ones tend to use American Employees. It's because the higher-ups of the company want as much money in their bank as possible, even if they are alienating their consumers and employees alike. When you live in a country that has 7.6 million people unemployed (a mass majority of which would take a customer service job in a heart beat), that is sickening to me. But, shipping customer service overseas has become such a common practice, that there is actually companies that have commercials promoting "American Customer Service, provided by Americans" as if it's some sort of extra special deal you get.

America is always about greed. And it's been getting worse since the turn of the century. That's why it took Congress three months to decide if they want to extend a tax break or not. And that's why Congress still won't accept a bill for higher taxes on people who can afford it, but will accept a bill on higher taxes on people who can't afford it.

I wwebsite as on the internet when you were a [removed] and before it was the internet, thanks for the welcome to message wurd up.

Well, dude, I was born in the 80's. I was programming a computer with ease before you even knew what one was, you childish old man.

I did have an E-Bay seller who told me the item I ordered was on 'back order'. Every time I asked, it was on back order. I finally asked for my money back and he said 'I don't have any money in my pay pal so I can't give you your money back'. I tried to contact Paypal and E-Bay but they said too much time had past and there's nothing they could do about it! That was 30 dollars! D:<

I have to comment for all the Retail Robins out there:

A lot of you have had bad experiences with Retail, I understand. But, that is absolutely NO reason to take it out on other retail workers. Simply because you had one bad person does not make it OK for you to be an censorkip.gif to every retail worker you see. We are people too. And we get more rude customers daily then you will EVER get rude retail workers.

Speaking of, check out (WARNING for language) this meme website that is all about the junk that retail workers get from customers

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I love Retail Robins, they remind me every day that I am not alone in my suffering.

Yea, I hate customer Service People to beyond extent....

Northern Tool equipment

I sent an money order with the order form and it took a month before I did something about it, I called them, and this what I got

Names coded for internet reasons

NT&E: This is blahblah

Me: Hi Blahbla, this is Bleblah

NT&E: Do you have your Customer Service Number

Me: No

NT&E: Do you have your CS Phone Number

Me: Yes, number ......

NT&E: I need your house address

Me: adress.....

NT&E: Whats your problem today BlahBlah

Me: I'm not BlahBlah, I'm his son and I sent an Moneyorder with an Orderform for an inverter

NT&E: I'm sorry, but I don't see no order, we can set up an lost order form

Yes,

Repeat Addres and Stuff

Me: Okay,

Thank you for your service and please contact back for any issues

So, then I went and got myself a copy of my order form and in the mail, recieved an statement and then a copy, with NT&E stamped on the back, and that was before I called them.......They didn't have it yet they did, seriously stupid....

Then I called them again, and they needed my Zipcode, I gave it to this lady, then she said, whats your Zipcode, I'm Like, I already Gave to you with a louder voice and she hung up.....I was Furious

So, I sent a copy of the thing and sent it off, finally, 2 months later, my inverter arrived......Ugh...

If you ever order from there, first, use a credit card or debit card, 2nd, have a customer service number, even if its not yours....

But I Won.....Dirty Cheapskates anyhow...