TJ09

2011-12-25 - Happy Holidays

Sorry if this is been posted before but I'm on my phone - do the new Christmas dragons have names yet?

No. Not yet.

I should start practicing on spriting so that I can actually help out with this sort of thing. xd.png I'm really curious as to how the alt sprite looks like at the moment. tongue.gif

Sorry if this is been posted before but I'm on my phone - do the new Christmas dragons have names yet?

They do. ^^ Just that it's a secret for the time being. wink.gif

Oi, how long will they be dropping? They were too easy to get on the 25th already... when will they unblock the cave and let us catch something else?

I thought they were only available for one day.

Big kudos to everyone involved in the holiday celebrations this Christmas.

I enjoyed all aspects a lot,

- costumes were great and I vote for them to be available as alts please,

- stories and tokens - great idea, loved reading them

- the extra day to pick missed tokens lovely idea, taking the stress off people ( even if I missed this)

- I love the wreath decorations

- much appreciate the prize draw instead of a contest

- and finally, extended holiday drop is perfect, I got my eggs in the first try, no stress, no fuss, everyone joyful.

THANK YOU DC Team!!!!

There was an extra day for missed tokens?! sad.gif

I'm glad the christmas dragon egg drop was longer this year. I was able to get mine on the first two clicks, at 7 AM EST. (Yes, I awoke and went straight to DragCave, NOT straight to the christmas tree!)

This is much nicer than other years of frustration.

There was an extra day for missed tokens?! sad.gif

yes TJ said it on the other christmas topic, before this one smile.gif

yes TJ said it on the other christmas topic, before this one smile.gif

That topic had been closed. sad.gif I therefore had no reason to check it and had only limited connectivity/data to follow THIS topic from my phone. I keep getting shafted this year by DC.

How does TJ's eggs grow so fast? O_O

He codes the entire site, so he can practically make his dragons hatch/grow at any time.

Hah I was going to ask for a holly egg if at all possible if I was one of those select 50 now that I got a holly egg gifted to me I will just chill out and see what the offerings are. My xmas on DC was out of this world which is more than I can say for our Xmas dinner--turkey legs and thighs weren't cooked, dad didn't care for the plum pudding or the xmas coffee. sad.gif Next year I may go the chicken route and just buy one of those precooked ones from the store Dec.24th and then have whatever is left on Xmas day.

I did manage too to read all the 12 stories. Cool in how dragons were incorporated into some. of them.

What are the tokens for? O.o I'm hardly ever in the forums, so I never know what's going on... >_<

What are the tokens for? O.o I'm hardly ever in the forums, so I never know what's going on... >_<

They are the little symbols next to each story that indicate that you read it and give you access to wreath decorations. I also think they count towards the prize dragon raffle.

Since the other thread is close does anyone know if they are judging are wreaths like they did the christmas trees last year or is that what the raffle is all about?

Since the other thread is close does anyone know if they are judging are wreaths like they did the christmas trees last year or is that what the raffle is all about?

The wreaths, as far as I know aren't being judged :3 They're more for fun. The raffle is to make things more fair, instead of people competing against each other :3

I'm a little confused about the raffle as well >w< What exactly is the prize? And is there going to be a 1st 2nd and 3rd prize?

I imagine that the prizes will be CB Tinsels like last year. A few people get Gold Tinsels, a few more than that get Silver Tinsels, and a few more than that get Bronze Tinsels. If it's just like last year, the remaining raffle winners will be 'Honorable Mentions' and get any CB dragon they want(with very few exceptions, like Tinsels). Most of the Honorable Mentions from last year picked Hollies, one or two picked others.

Quite a few opted to custom pick the codes of their prizes as well.

The exact prize has not been clarified as far as i know. THe prize distrubution works like that year.. i believe the first news post talked about it a little?

The exact prize has not been clarified as far as i know. THe prize distrubution works like that year.. i believe the first news post talked about it a little?

It said "50 prizes." When TJ was questioned on IRC, he gave away a bit more, but I believe all he gave away was that the distribution was like last year. :3

I'll admit, I am excited for the prizes. I'm torn between hoping it's more tinsels and hoping it's a new prize. x3

I thought the Gold Tinsel next to the info about the raffle was a give-away, but I've gotten into quite a bit of trouble this Holiday making assumptions. xd.png

A different prize dragon...hmmmm. Interesting.

I wonder if the Honorable Mentions will still be able to pick a Frill egg like last year. If I get Honorable Mention (I can dream, right?) I would be so split between Holly and Frill... unsure.gif

Not sure if anyone did this last year, but it'd be kind of cool to see a CB alt black, bred-only dragons, or one of the colored stripes. That would be pretty unique among the entire cave.