Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Realizing what he was going to do, Tyra squealed unhappily. "Pwease dun take our food!" she cried, her pronounciation still not very developed. She looked into Sprigg's eyes with her huge violet ones and whimpered.

Violet snapped. "WE DON'T WANT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH YOU! WE WANT TO LEFT ALONE!" Violet stood there for a moment, chest heaving, glaring at the stupid know-it-all dragon. Why must it be like this...?

Edited by Moonbeam22

Seana saw the pygmy and growled "No we don't, besides do you realy think you can take all of us?" Seana stood on her hind legs and flapped her front arm wings. Trying to make herself seem bigger. She let loose a roar, it sounded tiny and like a hatchling but she tried to keep up her act. She continued to growl. "Oh and how can you be sure our parents arn't on thier way here right now? go ahead and look at those petroglyphs behind you and see how mighty they are."

(I know laugh.gif )

Edited by Tari157

Sprigg shrugged as he simply ignored the pleading of the weaker drake. He placed one claw on his prize and stared impassively at the other.

"Right. Tragic. Really," he rolls his eyes at what he can only assume are hysterics. "My heart bleeds for you. Anyways, if you'll quit your blubbering I'll go on."

He pauses for a moment to ensure they're listening, then continues. "If you let me have my fill tonight I will promise you that I'll teach you everything I know. I mean, who better to help you learn to, uh, not die than somebody who's used to seeing the world from your point of view?"

"Well if you look at the rabbit, the beds, and all of us... I'm sure we can survive." Seana looked him in the eyes. "After all it seems since your the one who came here that you are the one who is in need of food and help, not us" Seana was please with what she said. Her green eyes looked as though they were containing fire within them. She stretched her wings to hide Tryra behind her. Her talons extended outwards. As tiny as they were she thought to herself they looked intimidating.

Edited by Tari157

"Right," Sprigg purred smugly. "Because one rabbit will be enough to feed... three... seven... ten of you? Not really good odds, by my count."

The pygmy sighed as if he were giving up, though his paw remained on the food. "I'm sure you'd know what to do if a hawk decided you'd make a good meal. Or if a badger happened across you. No, no. You undoubtedly know all about everything. Why, you're practically grown ups!"

"And with your oh-so dutiful parents who couldn't even be bothered to prepare a nest or meal for their beloved babies, I'm sure you wouldn't ever need what knowledge I have of foraging, scavenging, and survival."

"So, by all means, confine yourselves to your damp and musty cave. I'll be happily snuggled away in my warm little nest all safe and sound with my belly full... same as it is every night."

Sprigg paused as he stared down the multiple cranky babies. As soon as one decided it had the nerves to stand up to him they all did. At this rate they'd lead themselves to their death, what with their group-think and all.

Tyra climbed up onto Violet's back, Tyra still being very small since she was a newly hatched baby dragon, and peered at Sprigg over Violet's head. She rested her paws on top of the ridgewing's head.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"We can figure it out. Were Ivina hatchlings." Violet said confidently. "Now, if you'll stop trying to bribe us and get off your lazy butt and hunt something yourself, we would appreciate it very much." She winked at Tyra, who was now perched on her back.

Edited by Moonbeam22

"Ah," Sprigg said coolly. "What a silly little thing you are. Do you really think what you are, or who you were born from, matters here? For orphans you are so very over-confident."

He paused his monologue as he slowly coiled around the rabbit's cool corpse. "Be glad that somebody as petite as me was the first one to notice the lack of supervision. It could have been catastrophic if some nasty, vile, wicked vampire decided you'd make a great snack."

((I'm, uh, really good at playing jerks. >_>))

Edited by Aerimere

Seana smiled in agreement "Yes if you are so great why don't you show us?" Seana really was curoise to see what as on the outside of this cave. What a badger was, what humans were, if any other types of dragons existed.

"Yeah, you act so big and tough, so why don't you prove it? You nearly drowned yourself flying in here," Violet said in a taunting voice.

((lol that you are))

Sprigg smiled warmly at Seana. "Finally," he chuckled. "Somebody with a bit of common sense."

He stares wistfully at the meal that had literally been within his grasp before grudgingly slithering towards the entrance of the cave.

"After you," the pygmy dipped his head and jerked it towards the gushing curtain of water. "It's only fair that you see a sample of just what I can do before you agree."

Tyra frowned, hating all this arguing and fighting. She leapt off of Violet's back and trotted over to Sprigg. "You're hungwy aren't you?" she asked, walking over to the rabbit. Using her teeth, she managed to tear off a large chunk then she walked over to Sprigg and laid it at his feet. "Here...please stop this fighting," she pleaded, looking at the hatchlings as well as the Pygmy. "We're all hungwy...and alone...," she explained softly.

Violet blinked in surprise at Tyra's kindness. All of her anger seemed to ebb away as she gave the pygmy a piece of rabbit. She didn't think he deserved it, but she didn't like to fight either.

Seana sorta growled, she looked at Violet. She was scarred of the outside world. She inched forward towards the edge of the cave and peered down. She hoped violet would understand she was scarred. Seana slowl climbed down the edge of the cave and out into the forrest.

Sprigg hastily gulped down the meat before anyone could object. He licked his maw clean of any blood, then quickly groomed his claws.

"Sweetie, I was hungry because I'd been observing you all day." He does, however, smile at the shy little whelpling.

At Seana's scared look Violet said, "It's not frightening... it's quite beautiful, acutally." It was true. The way the light danced off the pond, and streamed through the branches of the trees was breathtaking.

Tyra then hurried back into the cave. She refused to leave the safety of the cavern behind the waterfall. She was afraid of the outside world and just wasn't ready for it yet. She watched sadly as Seana left the cave.

"Of course it's pretty," Sprigg hummed as he bounced out of the cave and plopped into the pond. He slithered to the closest bank and shook himself off.

The tiny dragon peered around the clearing as he waited for the bumbling hatchlings to catch up. He was fairly certain they'd manage to die within a day without a guide -- not that he cared, really -- and it was in his best interest to ensure that they grew up big and strong so that he could someday steal their scraps again.

"Now," he grumbles. "If you see anything furry, feathery, or scaly that's not us... do try to avoid alerting it to our presence."

As Seana left, Violet said to Tyra, "How about we get a nest built for you? I know that you.don't want to sleep on the cave floor." She gestured with her tail at the pile of nice nesting material.

Tyra nodded and smiled wide, feeling better now that the strange Pygmy was gone. She hurriedly began running around, gathering leftover materials Violet had brought from her first trip to the outside. Back and forth, to and fro she went, gathering the feathers, fluff, and whatnot. When something was too heavy for her to grab, she growled cutely at it and then managed to drag it across the floor to the place for her nest. She picked the spot right next to Violet's nest to make her own.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Good! I'll make the frame of the nest out of some twigs so it doesn't fall apart on you." Violet the began weaving the twigs together. In, out, pull... In, out, pull...

Seana saw the outside. She smelled the fresh air unlike the thick foggy mist in the cave. She quickly looked at the pygmy "Do you know what a human is?" Seana had a little trouble pronouncing human. She jumped chirpping in the air as a natural instinct, she flapped her wings almost like she was flying. She jumped up and down almost wanting to run around and pretend she was a adult dragon flying around a field. She then saw a furry looking animal "What is that?" she asked almost scarred but then again wanting to eat it.