Tari157

Forgotten Hatchlings of Ivina

What do you think of this RP?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Seana yipped and chirped in joy when she smelled the rabbit. "C'mon there is food" she said to the baby ice hatchling. Seana wanted to run over to the food but she thought it would be better to get the hatchling to hatch first. She was starving and her stomach was hurting badly. All baby hatchlings are hungry when they first hatch. She pulled the egg shell off of the ice hatchling. She could smell the rabbit and her legs began to shake making her want to run to it.

Edited by Tari157

Curious of the hatching ice egg, Violet walked over to it, her tiny claws clacking on he stone floor. "Why won't she come out?" she asked sniffing at he little crack.

Squealing again, Tyra tried to stay within the safety and comfort of her egg but only suceeded in accidentally tumbling forward out of it, head over heels. The egg shattered completely. A bit dazed, the ice hatchling attempted to stand. At first, she was quiet wobbly and dizzy, but finally after several attempts, she managed to stand on her own. She chirped nervously, her violet eyes taking in her surroundings and the two older hatchlings.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

"Hi there," Violet said, tail swaying back and forth. "Are you hungry? I just caught a really fat rabbit... Or at least I think that's what they are called." She turned back to her kill, but stumbled over the wings she hadn't noticed before. "I have WINGS?!" the little ridgewing yelped. "I thought that dragons weren't born with wings!"

Edited by Moonbeam22

Tyra nodded her head slowly, sniffing the rabbit's scent in the air. Her stomach rumbled again and she looked down at it curiously. She turned her gaze back up at the other hatchlings. Tilting her head, she looked at Seana. "..M-Momma...?" she chirped. At Violet's outburst, the newly hatched ice dragon yelped and scrambled behind Seana, startled.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Seana turned around and looked at the ice hatchling. "It's okay she's family she won't hurt you" Seana stretched her front arms looking at her wings. "Comon let's go eat." Seana was starving and as soon as she reached the rabbit she took a bite. It felt warm and it tasted good to her. She chirped and continued to eat her piece.

Tyra chirped in surprise as Seana walked to the rabbit. She hurriedly padded after her, sticking to her side like glue. Tyra was smart enough to figure out that Seana wasn't her mother, but she was the closest thing she could find in this new, strange, scary world. When the little ice hatchling spotted the rabbit, she leaned her head down and sniffed it curiously. She then, digging her teeth into one of the rabbit's ears, attempted to tear off a piece to eat. The ear was a bit tough though, her not being very strong, and she growled at it softly, tugging with all her might.

Seana looked at the other hatchling and grabbed a piece of meat and handed it to her, "the ears are to tough" Seana became puzzled at the word "Where did I learn the word ears or even how to speak?" She couldn't remember. She looked at the petroglyphs in the cave wall. She saw all different types of dragons. "Do you think those were our moms and dads?"

((Should we wait for more people to get on? I don't want to go too far and have them miss out.))

Tyra eagerly took the meat and sat down, munching on it. She looked up at the wall with large, inquisitive eyes. Spotting an ice dragon on the wall, she chirped excitedly, recognizing it as one of her kind. She was slowly taking in Seana's words, teaching herself how to speak, though for now she preferred to remain quiet.

Pulling her wings out from under her and holding them up so they wouldn't drag on the ground, Violet joined the others by the rabbit. The meat was warm and tender, and she was full before long. Following Seana's gaze, she spotted two large ridgewings painted on the wall. One was purple like her, but had red.on it's wings as well. It was bigger than the other one, so she assumed it was her father. The other was tan with a thick purple line on each wing and purple feet. Her mother. "Those must be my parents," she said pointing with her stumpy tail.

Tyra finished her piece of meat and followed Violet over to the mural. She smiled and stared at Violet's parents for a while. She craned her neck, looking up at the depictions of mighty dragons on the stone wall. Suddenly, she jumped up, squealing excitedly. She placed her paw on a slender, light blue ice dragon with dark blue markings drawn on the wall. "Momma! It's my momma...I know it is...," she cried happily. Right next that drawing was another ice dragon, this one bigger and more muscular. This one was a deep indigo blue with a very light, sky blue face, wings, and paws. Their coloring definitely matched the little Ice hatchling's coloring.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Violet smiled and commented, "You look a lot like your dad." The question of why her parents had left tugged at her mind still. She decided that no one knew he answer, so she didn't ask. Letting out a huge yawn, Violet said, "I wish there was somewhere comfy to sleep... I know! I saw some feathers and clumps of fur that got tangled in a thorn bush in the woods! That will make great bedding!" Without antoher word, she charged through the waterfall and out towards the woods again.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Seana looked and looked but couldn't find her parents. As she sighed she looked up at the ceiling of the cave then she saw them painted against the night sky and a cliff, a beautiful yellow amber star speckled nebula was flying through the night her eyes glistened and her yellow star constellation scales shone brightly on the petroglyph. She looked harder and harder trying to fully distinguish the dragon from the painted sky. She chirped and jumped Seeing the beautiful dragon on the cave ceiling "Momma!" She looked harder and saw a larger blue nebula taking flight and she knew it had to be her father. "daddy" she cried. They were beautiful. "Who made these?" she wondered.

Tyra finally sat down, still smiling up at the drawings. She tried not to yawn, but she couldn't hold it back and she let out a large, deep yawn and rubbed her eye with her paw. She watched Violet rush out of the cave and flicked her tail back and forth.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Violet worked for almost a whole hour collecting feathers, tufts of fur, twigs, and other nest materials. She picked up as much as she could carry before heading back to the cave. When she got back, Violet put the bedding in a big pile and said, "Okay, everyone take some bedding and make yourself a nest... I think we should make a nest for the eggs too." Taking a big chunk of bedding, Violet built a cozy nest underneath the paintings of her parents. Settling into the down and feathers, she closed her eyes and waited for sleep to overcome her.

Tyra looked around, at the hatchlings, then the eggs, then the waterfall. She was a new hatchling and without parents. Softly, she began to sniffle. "Momma....Daddy...," she whimpered, tears filling her large, violet eyes.

Violet lifted her head at the sound of Tyra crying. She reluctantly got out of her nest, and went over to comfort her. "I wish my parents were here too... But they had to leave. Resting her wing on the little Ice dragon she continued, "We are together at least. We're a family. If your parents could see you now, they would be proud of you being brave coming out of your egg." Violet didn't really know how these words had come to her, but she was glad they did.

Edited by Moonbeam22

Tyra instinctively buried her gentle face into Violet's wing and sniffled, frosty tears rolling down her cheeks. She stayed close to Violet, seeing her and Seana as her caretakers. Snuggling close, she wrapped her tail around her and nodded at Violet's kind words.

Sprigg had sat as still as a statue as he'd watched the antics of the hatchlings for the majority of the day. He'd seen one huge dragon trot out of a waterfall, then a baby hunt and kill a rabbit, and one little hatchling run about gathering feathers and twigs like a demented magpie. In the end, though, the only thing he cared about was the rabbit.

The tiny pygmy slithered down from the tree he'd been lurking in and crept towards the entrance of the waterfall. If he was right, the (potentially dangerous) hatchlings would be sleeping and he'd have a chance to gorge himself on their leftovers. If he was wrong, well, that's what wings were for.

He paused at the entrance to the secret cave, his huge green eyes glittering greedily at the thought of dinner, and scrunched his body up. He clamped his wings tightly to his body, sucked in a deep breath, and launched himself headfirst into the waterfall.

He instantly regretted the decision.

While the rushing waters were no issue for the heavier dragons, Sprigg was much more vertically challenged. As a result, he was slammed into the floor and sent sprawling.

The dazed dragon scrambled to his feet as he struggled to find his bearings.

Violet gave Tyra an affectionate lick on the top of her head ((lol they are going to become such besties)). All of a sudden, a Pygmy dragon came tumbling into the cave. Instinctively, Violet stepped in front of Tyra to protect her. She knew she was no match for a dragon so much older than her, but it was small. She growled and yelled, "Go away! Get your own food!"

((Lol, yus! X3))

Tyra squeaked as she was startled by the pygmy dragon that tumbled into the cave. She hid behind Violet and peeked out from behind her curiously, her eyes examining the intruder.

Edited by Tyra-Ice

Sprigg narrowed his eyes at the bigger dragon daring to defy him.

Then the gears started turning.

Immediately Sprigg perked up and cocked his head to the side. "Hey, hoy," he smirked. "What've we got here?"

His glittering eyes danced about the cave before he settled his attention back on the cranky hatchling, "I take it you're not accepting visitors?" Oh, how clever he thought he was.

The pygmy dragon began to prance giddily in place, his wings shaking with excitement. He snaked his head this way and that and flicked his tiny pronged tongue about.

"Where's your parents? Who was the dragon who left and never came back?"

Violet opened her mouth to yell at the Pygmy, but at the mention of her parents, she shyed slightly. No! I have to show him who's boss! she thought. Summon up her courage, she said, "It doesn't matter where they are, you are here to take our food! What kind of sick dragon takes food from newborn hatchlings!?" Violet let it sink in. She had surprised herself yet again with seeming to always have a comeback.

Tyra slowly, cautiously crept out from behind Violet to get a better view of the strange dragon. She chirped curiously and ventured forward at a snail's pace, crouching low. She stopped about half way to the pygmy and examined him with her wide violet eyes. She tilted her head to the side.

Sprigg just stared at Violet like she was a touch retarded.

"A smart one," he shrugged and flounced towards the rabbit. He'd dealt with dragons who'd thought they could bully him just with their size before.

"In case you haven't noticed," Sprigg grunted as he prepared to tear into the meal. "We're in the wilderness. The weak starve and the clever -- like yours truely -- live a happy, pleasurable life."

The pygmy dragon paused for a moment, as if he were considering something, then flashed the others a toothy grin.

"I'll make you a hell of a deal, though..."