Darkshadow

The Parallel War

Sheila/Shiny Tynamo

Sheila floated along the alleyway, sticking to the shadows. I know this is in the state of New York, but I need to get to New York City! Arceus is waiting for me! "Crap. I don't think this is New York. Damn it! Where am I?! I wish I hadn't answered that stupid poll. Maybe I'd still be in Seattle with Rowan. At least then I had fun..." It was another voice! Sheila floated towards the voice, using her tiny body to propel herself through the air. Being a Tynamo was difficult, after all. She saw the shiny Umbreon in an alleyway, obviously exhaused. "Are you okay? We're in the state of New York anyway..." Sheila said, hovering around the Umbreon. Should she try to do something?

Raven

Raven jumped at the sudden new voice and looked around to see a weird eel like creature floating in front of her. "Huh?" she said curiously, her head cocked to the side while taking a tentative sniff before realizing that it might have been another pokemon, like her. With a start, she leaped to her feet in excitement and rushed to talk. "Oh hi! Thank god, another pokemon! I thought I was starting to go crazy with this whole transforming thing," but she eventually calmed down and sat back on her haunches. "I'm fine, thank you for asking. Just a little disoriented and confused. I'm Raven, by the way, nice to meet you. What's your name?"

Uriah gazed at the lavender haired girl as she thought, waiting for her to give him some advice. A knowing look popped into her eyes, signaling to him that she had remembered something important. That was good, at least she had some idea of what to tell him. She told him then that he was an electric type Pokemon, which caused the striped man to raise an eyebrow. Electric? That was pretty good. Many books he had read about fantasy showed that mages with electricity or lightning tended to be powerful. The lavender girl carried on, saying that one move was Charge, which increased any electric-based attack, continuing on to say that Wild Charge was also a move. “Thanks,” Uriah said, a smile curling onto his lips. “Two is good enough.” His smile widened, a more vicious appearance to it as the girl said that she could distract the men while he went in an beat them up. “Deal,” he said, lifting a hand to give her a thumbs up.

Turning his electric blue eyes back to the military men, Uriah took a deep breath to calm himself. From what he heard from the others, you had to call out your move while using it. So, he would just have to do that? No, he should probably concentrate before he said so. Closing his eyes, he thought about the move. Charge was a move to increase the damage of electric type moves, so it should be a preparation move that required some time to complete. “Charge!” he said, his electric eyes snapping open. He felt it then, the energy building up in his chest. His long white hair that went down his back started to glow a bright golden color, the hairs curling up slightly, the electricity sparking here and there, he could hear it. “Get ready to distract them,” Uriah murmured, his electric eyes locked onto the men ahead of them. He could feel himself feeling lighter and lighter, more energized and ready to crash some heads together. "Whenever you're ready," he said, curling up, ready to launch himself forward at the enemy.

The wind was whipping fiercely around her and Madison flattened herself further against the hood of the van as it barreled down the nearly-empty highway. The turquoise orb that clasped her thick hair together thudded dully against the side of the van, and with one clawed hand she pulled it up so it wouldn't freak out everyone else inside the van. For a moment, she wondered how the other Madison was doing, and whether or not the Vulpix would totally hate her for making the driver speed like a demon.

None of that mattered, however, when the next moment a poignantly sweet voice echoed in her head. The wind did nothing to mute it, strangely, and out of reflex the Zoroark-hybrid jerked upward, digging her claws into the metal hood to prevent herself from flying off. She held her breath, hoping to hear his voice again, but when no other sound came from the quickly receding bus, her ears fell slightly and the intense adrenaline that had coursed through her now died off. After a few moments longer sitting atop the van, Maddy made her way back toward the broken window she'd exited from.

Like an acrobat, the red-haired young woman vaulted nimbly back into the van, only narrowing avoiding landing on some of the larger chunks of glass that covered the floor by the window. She crouched to keep from hitting her head on the ceiling and turned to face the others still sitting down; several of them were glaring at her as she maneuvered through the seats again. Those who gave her particularly nasty looks she returned with a sneer, and roughly made her way past them without apologizing for the mouthful of red-black hair that consequently resulted in her haphazard passage. After plopping back into her seat in front of the other Madison, Maddy tossed her a smile before leaning against the side of the van's interior and sighing with satisfaction.

The sky was wide and open, splotched by only a few small wisps of white. Wind whirled loudly above the buildings and swirled around the massive beast that soared above the small city below, sunlight glinting off the dazzling, iridescent sea-green markings that trailed down the limbs of the great Dragon pokemon. The menacing red eyes, hooded by black semi-circles, gazed disinterestedly at the world passing by beneath its teal-colored body. The silvery steel protrusions glinted like lustrous metal and the diamond fixed squarely on her chest piece sparkled akin to a star, and as the Dialga lost altitude, her reflection shone against the windows of the abandoned sky scrapers the legend passed through.

Maria did this with every city she passed by. It was like some incessant need to see the empty, despairing world of the regular humans. Never had she ever been a "regular" human, and nor had she ever really seen other cities beyond that of the small town that housed her youth asylum. The appearances of the deserted buildings could have been movie-like, with trash drifting about in the breeze and cars laying scattered in the streets. There was evidence of destruction here and there from what might have been the rampage of a human-gone-pokemon, or perhaps just hooligans that took advantage of the evacuation. It was all such a curious scene, but after a while the fierce headaches that seized her chaotic mind drove her back into the skies, roaring and spitting out powerful spheres of concentrated energy until the pain subsided.

At this point, however, as Maria drifted through the city, her mind was relatively calm. The storm that normally ravaged her poor, uncontrollable thoughts was stilled for the most part, grumbling in the dark recesses where it would not bother her for a while longer. Eventually, she landed in the open space of an intersection, and stood gazing out at the buildings around her. Occasionally she noticed a crow or a rat hurrying along, and the brief period of calm allowed her to enjoy the fresh air and the tranquility of the desolate city.

When the Dialga rose into the sky again, she continued her way east. She didn't know nor particularly care where it was in the country she was at currently, but the increasingly salty winds revealed she was getting somewhat close to the ocean. Either that, or her mind was playing tricks on her again, as it liked to do frequently. Maria snorted roughly into the wind, ruby eyes scouring the horizon for signs of the city she was supposedly instructed to travel to.

The Dialga's shadow rippled across a smaller town as she drifted through the sky. The detail in her new vision allowed her to pick out various things in the streets, none of which appeared all that interesting. However, as she passed over a narrow alley, she noticed the faint glow of blue dots and a tiny silver-white dart. Immediately, the Dialga swerved around and stared down at the creatures in the alley. No; blue rings, not dots, and it was a little white floating fish, not a dart. She knew they must have been pokemon, for nothing else could have resembled an Umbreon and Tynamo so closely.

Noting that the alley was far too narrow and tiny for her to fit in, the Dialga lowered herself onto the buildings on either side, casting her shadow into the alley and increasing the darkness that swelled around the much smaller pokemon. From above, her piercing red eyes glared down (well, they appeared to be, as a Dialga's expression was rather incapable of anything less than fearsome) at the two and her steel claws gripped the buildings to steady herself on their cracking frames. -New York City.- The simple statement bounced off the surrounding walls in a powerful, oddly feminine echo, effectively increasing the dark undercurrent that laced the telepathic voice.

The impatient click of boot heels over pavement continuously rung over the bridge. A tall young woman was pacing back and forth along the stone, pausing whenever the sound of a car or truck caught her attention. Nay, it seemed she was out of luck- anything that passed by was merely a food delivery van or something else of the sort. Nothing to suggest or even remotely imply that others of her kind were tagging along for a ride. Even though she was on the outskirts of a town somewhere close to Vancouver, Sanya still needed a lift the rest of the way. She had already walked over ten miles that day in order to find rides, but luck just wasn't on her side.

Cursing swiftly under her breath, the green-haired hybrid angrily swung the toe of her boot at the stone bumpers along the side of the bridge. A good portion of rock shattered at the impact, but the jarring motion still sent a painful twinge up her calf and she cursed again.

The others would have to come along this way, wouldn't they? It was one of the one few roads leading to big city, and as far as she knew the other roads were barricaded by military force or something. She'd been sitting at that spot for two hours already and no sign of other Poke-crosses like herself. She prayed she wasn't the only one heading to Vancouver, even if her gut did tell her others were on their way. Still, the entire episode of turning into a hybrid had Sanya on the edge, and every disappointment mounted on her like a lead weight.

The course sound of his breathing filled his ears. His chest ached, his paws ached, and more than anything Leon wished he could be curled up back at home. At this point he didn't care if he was still a pokemon- he just wanted to be back on his bed, asleep, knowing his parents were in the next room thinking of him. He missed his mothers terribly, and even his crotchety older brother who was supposed to be in college. Last he heard, though, his sibling was traveling the obscure regions of Cuban beaches.

Finally, the Houndoom slowed to a walk before collapsing on the sidewalk by an empty metal bench. His small knapsack was tossed to the ground carelessly and Leon rolled onto his side, flanks heaving as he fought to regain his breath. He'd been running for so long already. Even though his hometown wasn't too far from the city, there was still the matter of evading hostility from normal human beings and their cars, and finding a way to get to the city that would bring him to the statue of liberty the quickest. He dreaded the thought of having to swim to the tiny island- surely he would drown of exhaustion before he reached it- and prayed that whenever he reached the docks, a nice little boat would be there waiting for him. It was only a matter of getting the boat to move that would then hinder his progress.

Maybe I can be like a rocket. A good steam of fire might make it move, he mused tiredly, opening his jaws in a wide yawn. The bone ridges along his back scraped noisily against the cement as he pulled himself into a sitting position. He had thankfully been able to infiltrate the city without too much trouble (a few times normal humans had threatened to run him over with their cars, and another time someone tried to leash him with an animal control noose), but he hardly knew his way around its maze-like structure. Sighing with partial relief and partial disappointment, the canine stood on his feet again and winced as the raw skin of his pads burned from the contact. "Well, here I go," he attempted to say, but instead growling noises that sounded strangely like the word "hound" met the empty air. The pokemon shook his head again, but limped forward, hoping that by following the scent of ocean water he would reach the boats eventually.

Blaire returned the smile without thinking about it, though hers faltered a bit when his grew more vicious. She gave him a shaky thumbs-up in return. Oh, what were they doing?! She hadn't realized it until now but her heart was pounding in her chest and it felt as if it were beating against her rib cage.

When the man turned and let himself relax, she tried to mirror the calming breaths he took. He had to know what he was doing? He seemed tough. She took several deep breaths and actually felt herself calm down, some kind of strange instinct coming over her. Relax, she told herself, You can really do this. Psybeam was the move she wanted, so, she let everything she knew about it fill her mind. It was damage-dealing but she wanted it for the confusion. She wondered if the game rules applied...she hoped not. And that was when the man in front of shouted, nearly making her jump out of her shoes. So much for being calm and relaxed...

She heard the crackle of electricity and looked up at him. He was ready. Well, she couldn't let him down now! She stepped up beside him (despite how she wanted to stay fully behind him) and focused on the military men. She felt a brief jolt of power course through her and she grasped onto it, closing her eyes. Focus! The ruby gem on her forehead flashed and she opened her eyes. "Psybeam!" she shouted and a brilliant, colored beam shot from the gem on her forehead, striking the men that had gathered to face them. After a moment, she let out the breath she didn't know she'd been holding, watching the armed men blink in confusion. A wide smile burst across her lips as she watched on man frown, look down at his gun, and then to the man beside him. "That's it! Go!" she told the man beside her, stepping back so he could attack.

Sheila/Shiny Tynamo

At Sheila's words, the shiny Umbreon jumped in surprise and then turned around to face her. "Huh?" The Pokemon said curiously, it's head cocked to the side while sniffing Sheila. Sheila just kept hovering, unsure of what to do. And then, with a start, the Umbreon jumped to it's feet, surprising Sheila. She retreated a little, but it was not needed. "Oh hi! Thank god, another pokemon! I thought I was starting to go crazy with this whole transforming thing," the Umbreon said, sitting back on it's haunches. "I'm fine, thank you for asking. Just a little disoriented and confused. I'm Raven, by the way, nice to meet you. What's your name?" So this Umbreon is a female. Good to know. Sheila blinked, and then realized that Raven had just asked her name. "Oh. My name is Sheila. Nice to meet you as well." she said, and then instinctively looked up. Why had it gotten dark all of a sudden? What she saw made Sheila quiver in fear. Some giant beast, some giant, turquoise beast was slowly coming down towards them. Dialga! But the coloring was off... Was it shiny, like Sheila was? Anyway, there wasn't time to think about it. The Dialga was too large to fit in the alley, so it perched on the buildings on either side of the alley, casting an even darker shadow on Sheila. She closed her eyes, expecting to be attacked. I didn't know there were legendaries involved!

Nothing happened. Sheila opened her eyes to see two piercing red eyes glaring down at her. The Dialga was looking at her with a fierce expression, and Sheila retreated backwards a little, up against one of the walls. -New York City.- The simple statement bounced off the surrounding walls in a powerful, oddly feminine echo, effectively increasing the dark undercurrent that laced the telepathic voice. Sheila looked up at the Dialga, a little confused? Was the Dialga also in the Cult of Arceus? Did that mean that the Dialga was also a transformed human. "I-I know the way to New York City." she stammered, her small voice echoing slightly. "I can take you there if you want to go to Arceus."

--

Blake/Cradily

Blake opened her eyes to the sound of the humans screaming. She was currently stuck to the ceiling of a large cargo truck, trying to hitch a ride. Being a Cradily, Blake knew that the Pokemon stayed in the bottom of the sea, sticking to the rocks. The ability to stick was pretty useful. But now the humans were disturbing her sleep. The men below were pointing up at her and make hysterical noises, waving their arms. "What is that thing?" one cried, and the other shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know exactly, but my son had a video game that had a creature similar to that thing. Wait... It's just like the news! The 'Pokemon Outbreak' or something like that! It's a Pokemon!" The man sounded excited. "What the hell is a Pokemon? Anyway, what should we do?" the other said, and Blake sighed. I guess it's time to hitch a different ride. When she started to move, the men backed out of the cargo thing. Blake dropped to the ground, her hidden, yellow eyes focusing on the town in front of her. She started to move out of the truck... slowly. Why can't I go faster? Agh! The men were on either side of the opening, waiting for her to leave. "Wow, the thing's slow." one of them commented, and Black turned her head to glare at the man. -Energy Ball!- A glowing green ball appeared above her head, and then shot out to hit the man who had commented straight in the chest. He flew backwards about ten feet, and then skidded onto the ground. Note to self: Need to practice Energy Ball. The man groaned, and then eyed Blake warily. The other man said nothing, but just backed away slowly. Blake finally stepped out of the truck, and started to head towards the outskirts of the town. She needed another ride to Vancouver. She was so close to finally meeting Giratina! Blake bobbed her head up and down to motivate herself, and managed to speed up her pace a little. Four short stubby legs weren't exactly going to win any races. Up ahead, a green-haired girl was kicking at rocks. Is she a hybrid, or just crazy? Green hair? Blake moved slowly over to the girl. -Oy. Female. Can you understand me?-

--

Zach/Lugia

Zach watched as Lati turned her eyes to look at New York, and she immediately stilled. Her hovering seemed to halt midair. "Lets go there first..." she spoke, and Zach nodded. He knew that they were supposed to be headed towards the Statue of Liberty, so maybe an approach from the sea would work? "Meet you at the Statue of Liberty." he said, and dived underneath the water. As his enormous body easily submerged, Zach started to marvel at Lugia's power. He could fly easily through the air, and he could also breathe easily underwater. The Pokemon was extraordinary. He started to propel himself through the water easily, his wings propelling him. Zach could easily see through the water, and the dark outline of shore was dominant in the backdrop. He surfaced briefly, to get a hold of his surroundings. He was at the docks in New York, though there weren't any military here. There was movement in the distance, and Zach turned his head to see a Houndoom padding towards the docks. Zach stared at him with large, blue eyes, curious to see another Pokemon besides Lati. -Hello there.- He used telepathy to contact the other Pokemon. It was risky to start speaking normally, since Zach's voice was extremely loud as Lugia.

(Since we're in the same area, I'll approach too)

Lati closed her eyes and nodded once, rising above the water so as not to get wet by Zach diving. She glanced around and headed toward the big statue, and sighed once. Suddenly she froze, her head perched at an angle, immediately pinpointing the sound.

“Hound, could be a pokemon” she thought out loud. It was possible, she knew only one dog that could use the words ‘hound’ and nothing else. She realised she was some way from the water, actually hovering nearby some boats and such. It was then that she noticed the shape below her, who deemed disgruntled and disheartened. She felt her heart tug, and instinctively lowered, her shadow melding with his and slowly growing bigger. He seemed to be heading toward the water, and she wasn’t aware that he had already been contacted by Zach.

“Are you alright Houndoom? You look so tired, are you hurt?” she slowly and quietly said, trying not to startle him. She gazed down, immensely worried for the pokemon underneath her. She was still half a meter from him, enough room to manover if he proved hostile. She raised her head, wondering where Zach had gone.

“Cheer up, please. I hate seeing people so sad, it hurts me inside” she removed her arms from her body and hung them down from herself.

“Are you heading to the big statue like me and Zach?”

Leon's horned head was drooping slightly in his fatigue as he trotted sluggishly towards the docks. He had been traveling since the previous night, and he was amazed it took him as long as it did for him to reach the city. Perhaps his home town was farther away than he thought... Heaving a large sigh, the Houndoom twitched his nose and allowed himself to focus on the saltine spray that dominated some of the breeze that blew into his dark nostrils. The shore must have been close; perking up his ears, the black-and-orange canine readjusted his grip on his backpack and limped with renewed energy after the faint thrum of breaking waves.

When he rounded the corner of a particularly large building, the sapphire sparkle of the ocean expanded out before him and he paused at the top of the small incline to marvel at the sea. Though he and his family had lived in New York state for all of their lives, he never had many chances to visit the sea. In fact, now that he thought about it, the last time he'd been to the beach was probably more than five years ago.

The Houndoom inhaled the cool air appreciatively and gave his arrow-pointed tail a few contented wags. I wonder if I have to live here now, he thought, ruby eyes gazing out across the docks as he approached the small stretch of beach and stationary boats. He was also curious if he was the only Pokemon in the real world; though he couldn't fathom why, since he was nothing all that special. He could have thought of plenty of other people more suited for that kind of gift. Was it a gift? Leon was pretty certain it was. Though he really did miss being a human and being with his family, over the past half a day he'd been traveling, he decided that this new identity gave him a new sense of purpose. Before, as a graduated high school student with no future, Leon didn't really know what to do with himself. Perhaps turning into a Houndoom would give him clarity.

Leon padded (and grimaced frequently) toward the docks, his small knapsack swinging from his jaws. He grunted slightly as he stopped to rest and placed the bag on the ground. The breeze from the ocean was cool and refreshing, and he turned his muzzle toward the wind and closed his eyes to enjoy the sensation. However, about a moment later, a strange unfamiliar voice echoed in his mind quite suddenly and the Houndoom bristled in surprise. His crimson eyes snapped open and searched the surrounding area with a bright, inquisitive alertness, but instead of finding the source of that voice, he noticed an odd coolness settling over him and tilted his head to the side to glance upward. A bright red pokemon was descending from the sky toward him, her shadow draping over his backside.

Immediately, Leon whirled around to face her, paws splayed out as if he were either preparing to defend himself or play. However, the immense surprise on his face suggested he was about to do neither, and instead he stared at the Latias with wide, shining eyes. "Hound, houndoom," You're Latias! He said, staring at the dragon Pokemon with a mixture of awe, shock, and curiosity. Both ears swung upward to face that Latias, and for a good moment Leon remained still and staring. It was only when he realized the Pokemon had spoken to him- a different voice than the first, he noted- that the dog abruptly sat back on his haunches and bowed his curved horns to the asphault in respect for her legendary presence. Surely the legends of the Pokemon world knew what was going on, and would help him right? "Houndoom hound," I am fine, just a little sore and tired from my journey, he answered, and although his words were a garbled mixture of his species name and soft growls, his gentle tone carried easily. He gave his tail a small wag and added, "Houndoom-doom." No need to be worried.

The name Zach didn't mean much to him, and Leon frowned slightly and tilted his head. "Houndoom? Doom hound, houndoom. Hound hound," Zach? I don't know him. But I am going to the statue, he said, turning his muzzle back toward the ocean to gaze across its shining surface at the green sculpture in the distance. "Houndoom houndoom." If I can get there. It was then that he noticed a flash of silver in the corner of his eye, and upon gazing toward the object, discovered a large blue eye peering out from the water. Leon stared at it in surprise and confusion before realizing he was looking at another Pokemon. He glanced to Latias, as if wondering if she'd had seen the face, before hobbling forward slightly to inspect the new creature. "Houndoom houndoom hound?" Were you the one that spoke to me before? He asked, sitting at the edge of the dock to gaze at the pokemon in the water. There was something awfully familiar about that face and the shape, but he had been so amazed by Latias's appearace and the appearnace of the Pokemon in th water was a bit obscured, thus Leon didn't recognize the features until several moments later.

With a sharp, startled bark, the Houndoom jumped backward, stifling a cringe when his raw pawpads grazed the sandy ground. "Houndoom!" Lugia! Dazed, Leon sat down again, blinking rapidly as if the legendaries before him would disappear if he cleared his head. No, they were real- just as real as he was, even as a fire-breathing Pokemon. "Doom houndoom hound? Houndoom doom?" Why are you two here? What's going on? Leon gave his head a shake and whined. If legendary Pokemon were here, then there must have been other normal Pokemon like himself. Obviously the Legends were in on the whole scheme, right? Oh, he had so many questions! Like, where the others were, why he turned into a Pokemon, and...where was Arceus? Shouldn't the God of Pokemon be with them? He lifted his head and glanced up at the sky and the area around them, but failed to see any other Pokemon approaching.

Ooc| Firekitty; An Umbreon and Tyanmo just met in an alley in some town in New york are were just discovered by Dialga. Lugia and Latias found a tired Houndoom hobbling toward the docks in New York City. The Cult of Mew members are preparing against attack from the US military on the Golden Gate Bridge and are fighting to protect themselves and each other. Some Cult of Giratina members are in a van and bus heading for Vancouver, while a couple other Cult of Giratina members are waiting alongside a road to be picked up by either vehicle.

^^;

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Raven

Raven had been about to respond to Sheila when the alley had gotten much darker. Shocked, and a little frightening, she looked up to see a scary looking pokemon glaring down at them from the top of the buildings above them. Instinctively, she felt her fur raise at the fact that it was so much bigger than her, and look as if it was ready to attack. Whoa, I didn't even know pokemon got that big, She thought to herself, fear and surprise melting away to amazement. Wait, isn't that a Dialga? I thought he was a darker blue. He must be shiny, like me. That had to be it. Rowan's brother had had one on one of his game. But her shock returned as she heard a sudden feminine voice in her mind saying, -New York City- Raven stood and thought back to the strange pokemon, Do you know where it is? Because I'm lost.

Drake

So many new voices, new sounds, and new smells! Drake groaned inwardly and buried his head as best as he could in his paws, but the blade on his head prevented him from covering both ears. He couldn't wait until the bus hit country roads, where the rumbling of the bus underneath him would be the only sound heard. The sudden change had turned his senses more susceptible to city life, and Seattle was not helping. So, instead of walking to Vancouver, or freaking out the people on the bus, he had hitched a ride on top of the bus, his claws preventing him from flying off. Unfortunately, people on the streets had noticed him, and he watched as little kids pointed while adults stared with mouths wide open. A particularly high pitched girl shouted at the top of her lungs, "Absol!" causing Drake to cringe in pain and attempt to bury his head even farther.

The steel protrusions over the Dialga's body glinted as she arched her neck to look down at the Pokemon huddled under her shadow. The buildings beneath her large claws groaned and crumbled under her weight, but the massive legend seemed not to notice. Her sharp gaze was focused entirely on the shiny Umbreon and shiny Tynanmo. They had been speaking, she knew, of transformation before they noticed the dragon looming above them. Although there were no coherent thoughts in her head, Maria knew that whatever had happened to her, had happened to them as well.

It seemed they understood her message, and Maria ignored the fright she'd had caused in the smaller creatures. The Umbreon didn't seem to know the answer to what Maria was looking for, but the tiny floating fish's response pleased the Dialga. -Arceus.- The name echoed around the alley again, as clear as if she had spoken it aloud, though the dragon's mouth didn't move from its slightly-open snarl. A low growl rumbled out from the legend's throat, but for now she didn't appear too hostile.

The Dialga appeared to be studying the smaller pokemon intensely for a long moment before it growled again and lifted its great head to the skies again. -Too slow!- The voice was louder and more aggressive, as if anger were seeping into her thoughts. Immediately, Maria shut her eyes and remained still for a while longer. When she finally looked back down at the Tynamo and Umbreon, she seemed to have become calm again. -New York City, we must go.- She instructed, and this time her voice was strangely softer, less chaotic and short as it had been before, almost as if a level-headed being had momentarily emerged from the darkness in the Dialga's mind. She glanced back up over the tops of the buildings as if searching for an idea of where to go, but found no hints. Without warning, Maria pushed off the buildings, ignoring the moans and crackling of the structures as bits of cement crumbled off of them. She landed carefully in the open space at the mouth of the alleyway, and gazed purposefully back at the two still inside. -Let's go.- There was a moment's pause, and then the Dialga leaned forward on one knee, as if beckoning the others to climb on.

Lugia

Instead of establishing contact, the Houndoom seemed instead to be confused. It searched the surroudings, and then looked up. Lugia followed it's head, to see that Lati was descending from above. He started to swim towards the docks, eager to see how the Pokemon would react. Immediately, the Houndoom whirled around to face her, paws splayed out as if he were either preparing to defend himself or play. However, the immense surprise on his face suggested he was about to do neither, and instead he stared at the Latias with wide, shining eyes. "Hound, houndoom," You're Latias! He said, staring at Lati with a mixture of awe, shock, and curiosity. Both ears swung upward to face that Latias. "Houndoom hound," I am fine, just a little sore and tired from my journey, he answered, and although his words were a garbled mixture of his species name and soft growls, his gentle tone carried easily. He gave his tail a small wag and added, "Houndoom-doom." No need to be worried.

Lati mentioned his name, and Zach looked up at her. Was she worried? "Houndoom? Doom hound, houndoom. Hound hound," Zach? I don't know him. But I am going to the statue, he said, "Houndoom houndoom." If I can get there. The Houndoom glanced to Lati, as if wondering if she'd had seen that Zach was in the water, before hobbling forward slightly. "Houndoom houndoom hound?" Were you the one that spoke to me before? He asked, sitting at the edge of the dock to gaze at Zach. Zach came closer to the dock, nodding his head.

With a sharp, startled bark, the Houndoom jumped backward, and Zach twitched a little. What did he do wrong? "Houndoom!" Lugia! Zach tilted his head at the Houndoom, confused. Hadn't the pokemon recognized him? "Doom houndoom hound? Houndoom doom?" Why are you two here? What's going on? The Houndoom gave his head a shake and whined. Zach was curious. -I don't understand what you mean. I was also a human, and was transformed by Arceus and told to come here. Lati here is probably the same. We're heading to the Statue of Liberty.- With that, Zach extended his neck so that he made a bridge over the water. -Hop on my back. I'll give you a ride so that you don't have to swim.- he said.

--

Sheila/Shiny Tynamo

sheila quivered under the intense red stare of the Dialga. Raven had tried to say something to it, but the Dialga hadn't replied. -Arceus.- The name echoed around the alley again, as clear as if Dialga had spoken it aloud, though the dragon's mouth didn't move from its slightly-open snarl. A low growl rumbled out from the legend's throat, and Sheila shivered. She didn't want to anger the dragon pokemon. However, the Dialga didn't seem to be hostile right now... And then it growled again and lifted its great head to the skies again. -Too slow!- The voice was louder and more aggressive, as if anger were seeping into her thoughts. Sheila quivered again. She was powerless. How could a puny pokemon such as herself take on a legendary beast? -New York City, we must go.- She instructed, and this time her voice was strangely softer, less chaotic and short as it had been before. She glanced back up over the tops of the buildings as if searching for an idea of where to go. Without warning, the Dialga pushed off the buildings, ignoring the moans and crackling of the structures as bits of cement crumbled off of them. Sheila flinched. Was the Dialga going to attack now? Instead, the Dialga landed carefully in the open space at the mouth of the alleyway, and gazed purposefully back at Sheila. -Let's go.- There was a moment's pause, and then the Dialga leaned forward on one knee, as if beckoning the others to climb on. Sheila started forward and hovered up the Dialga's side, glad that she was floating. She didn't want to anger the Dialga by doing something on it's back.

{{Haze, Blake is trying to communicate with your Virizion. Blake is the Cradily.}}

Crystal Varian/Mismagius/Cult of Mew

Crystal listened intently to Mew's words. She wasn't sure what she had gotten herself into, but this was it. It was either run, surrender, or fight, and she sure as heck wasn't going to do the aforementioned two. She would rather fight than run or surrender and be labeled a coward. She shook her head and turned her head towards the sound of the approaching military.

"Attention all freaks! Please surrender without a fight and submit yourselves to arrest. This is the military speaking. We have you surrounded. Lethal force is authorized. I repeat: surrender!"

That had done it. They had called her a freak. She heard the Reuniclus speak in her mind, about them having to fight because they were called freaks. She agreed. She glared and concentrated her power as she placed her hands in front of her, floating above the ground but staying inside the Light Screen barrier. She hadn't had time to practice all her moves, but she knew what moves she could use. This one... this was a Shadow Ball and she wasn't going to let it be small.

She charged up her attack and then opened her eyes which were glowing purple. She pulled back as if she were Naruto performing Rasengan and then tossed the Shadow Ball at the military. It was sent flying at a big group of the military and exploded, causing a small crater in the bridge and for military personnel to be sent flying, either off the bridge, depending on how close they were to the edge, or face flat onto the bridge, not dead, but definitely whip lashed.

She glowered at the military and then turned to see a Zebstrika-half using Charge. She saw an Espeon-half use Psybeam to confuse the military and she floated down and landed next to the Espeon-half. Being that she used to love playing the Pokemon games since they came out, she knew every single Pokemon though she still couldn't recognize some, though usually she did later. She looked at the Espeon-half. "I'll help you confuse the military. I also know Psybeam," she told the girl, not even knowing anyone's names.

Jacob "Jake" Alister/Shaymin (Shiny) (Land)/Cult of Arceus

Jacob walked along quietly in his small and tiny form. He was near New York City but no where near getting to Liberty Island where the Statue of Liberty rested. He walked along the alleyways of the city, hoping to not be seen by any people who were still human. He wondered why he was even a Shaymin in the first place. This really sucked. It bit really badly. He wanted to just zip around in the air in his Sky Forme, but no, he had to be stuck with his Land Forme because there were no such thing as Gracidae Flowers in the human world! This. Royally. Sucked.

He had done his darnedest to study up on Shaymin on Bulbapedia. From what he learned, he was still pretty powerful in this form, just not easily able to do the things he could easily do in his Sky Forme. He sighed and shook his head as he wondered through an alley, only then noticed the HUGE size of a Pokemon above the buildings. If he remembered correctly, it was a Dialga. He recognized the shape from watching The Rise of Darkrai and Arceus and the Jewel of Life. He wondered what exactly Dialga was doing showing it's huge sized self to everyone when he saw it seemed to be peeking into an alleyway. What was going on there?

Without hesitation, he jumped up and out of the alleyway he was in and began running as quick as his short little paws could carry him. Maybe this Dialga knew what was going on and could explain things to him. So he continued to run on this hope as he finally passed underneath the Dialga and into the alleyway only to see a shiny Umbreon and a shiny Tynamo there. Actual Pokemon, not half Pokemon, half Human. Were they ones who choose Arceus as well on the ballad?

He ran into the alleyway and stood next to the Shiny Umbreon, of whom he was smaller than as he looked up at it and the Dialga. "Sh Shay sh... shay shaymin... shaymin shaymin, shay shay shaymin shay shaymin shay sh shaymin," he squeaked in his tiny Pokemon voice, which translated as this to the other Pokemon: Um, hello, to... you three... I was wondering, are you heading to the Statue of Liberty?" he asked, blinking his black eyes as he looked between the three Pokemon.

Katharine "Kat" Stakny/Rayquaza (Shiny)/Cult of Giratina

Kat sighed as she flew around in higher up layers of the world, as was usual of a Rayquaza. She was a full Pokemon, so she didn't have the luxury of using a bus to get to Vancouver except to follow one, which was exactly what she did when she found a bus that went there. She flew just above the clouds, staying concealed by the clouds. She didn't want to be seen by any humans nor by any of the Pokemon or Pokehumans yet. She just continued to fly over the bus, following it to Vancouver, Canada.

((Sorry that Kat's is so small, but I wasn't sure what else I could do with her x3))

Edited by FireKitty

Raven

Raven was secretly glad none of her friends were there to see her almost visibly jump at the fright the Dialga gave her. The anger in it's voice had shot fear through her tiny body, and she fought the urge to bolt away, but the urge faded with the calm in it's next words. -New York City, we must go.- And Raven watched with fascination as the Dialga bent down on one knee, as if telling her to get on. At first, though, she was nervous and took a small step back. Was she really willing to climb on the back of a giant, flying pokemon. Well, She argued, it's a free ride to the place I've been having so much trouble with lately.

But before she could leap up like the Tynamo, she heard a sound and a voice of another pokemon. It was a small on, with flowers blooming on it's back. Raven stared at it with a bit of a confused expression. I really need to study up on these pokemon. Whatever it was saying, somehow she understood it beyond the "shay"'s. "Yeah, we're heading to New York. Do you need a ride? I'm sure Dialga will let you ride. Come on." Turning back to the large pokemon, she bounded over and up onto Dialga's back.

The occasional soft growl came from the Dialga kneeing in the road, but she seemed calm and patient as she waited for her charges to mount her teal-colored back. It helped that the breeze was gentle and there was the faint, soft trill of birdsong in the background, and for a while Maria closed her eyes to listen and enjoy the tranquility. She had never experienced something so peaceful in all her years, except perhaps when she was just an infant in the beautiful town of Nice, France. But she could hardly remember her life at the youth mental institute, much less any memory of her toddler years.

A soft squeaking noise brought Maria from her dreamy state and the Dialga gave a curious growl as she tilted her head down to peer at the little green thing that had scurried out from under her. He mentioned something of the statue, and the Dialga looked up at the sky again. New York... yes, that's where they needed to go. To get to the statue, to meet Arceus. Turning a red eye down at the Umbreon and Shaymin, the Dialga's deeply feminine voice echoed outward again. -Ride, we must go now.- She didn't seem to notice as Raven hurried up her shoulder, and instead eyed the shiny Shaymin as she waited his decision.

After a moment, Maria turned her head to glance at the little white fish that hovered on her backside. -You, closer.- She commanded, and then gazed out at the area before them. -Directions.-

(Right!)

Sanya had her boot propped up on one of the rocks, inspecting the toe. After she had researched her pokemon breed a little more, she had used her textile skills to craft a fighting suit that mimicked the appearance of her chosen Pokemon. The boots were rather easy to design since Virizion's legs already looked like shoe-wear, and she was pleased that the dark hoof-like part of the boot was hard and sturdy from the layers of thick leather she had put together. She touched the tip of the shoe just to be sure it wasn't harmed by her frustrated stone-kicking, and smiled in satisfaction upon finding hardly a scratch.

-Oy, female. Can you understand me?-

Sanya turned her head, long green hair swaying softly at her backside. She gazed over at the plant-like thing moving slowly closer and lifted an eyebrow in response. After glancing around the surrounding area for a moment, Sanya returned her rose-colored eyes to the Cradily. She turned around and sat on the edge of the rock she had just had her boot propped up on and folded her arms across her chest, revealing the swords that were strapped to her side. "If by understand you mean 'hear me in your head', then why yes, I most certainly do," she answered coolly after a moment, keeping her eyes steady on the approaching pokemon. Though she thought it might have looked kind of familiar, she had no inkling on what to call the thing or what kind of pokemon it might have been. Though, after studying its odd features for a moment, she decided it might have been a plant of some sort. At least they had that in common.

She pursed her lips for a moment in thought, and then gazed briefly down the road the plant-pokemon-thing had come from. It didn't seem like anyone was coming, and with irritation Sanya started to wonder if she had missed the buses traveling to Vancouver. Huh, I probably should have picked full-pokemon, she thought, narrowing her eyes on the horizon. Somewhere in that direction lay Vancouver, but it was miles away and she was tired of traveling by foot. The pokemon I'm supposed to be is probably a lot better suited for journeying than I am.

Sanya glanced toward the Cradily again, still wondering what in the world it was. "Are you headed for Vancouver too?" She asked after a moment, lowering a hand to the rock so she could lean against her arm.

Edited by Shiny Hazard Sign

Jacob looked at the Shiny Umbreon who spoke and he nodded in response as she bounded up the Dialga's leg who had knelt down within the moment he had been running on his short legs here. He watched the Dialga, waiting for her, as he had heard her voice inviting him onto her back. He nodded and didn't hesitate to go over the knelt down Dialga and climb up her leg, barely. After all, his legs were tiny and not very good for gripping onto things.

When asked for directions, he looked up at the now known shiny Dialga. He looked around and easily saw the Statue of Liberty in the distance. "Sh shaymin shay shay," he spoke. "It's over that way," it translated to. He turned around and pointed to the barely seen Statue of Liberty in the distance over the ocean. He turned and looked at the shiny Pokemon that were with him. He could see that all of them were not their normal color. "Shay sh shaymin shay shaymin? Shay shaymin," he said. "What are all of your names? I'm Jacob."

On the way to Vancouver and following the bus, she spotted a few others waiting for a bus. She blinked and then flew down as the bus stopped nearby but not at their designated bus stop as it was farther down the road. She landed in front of the Pokehuman and Pokemon. She looked to the Pokemon and towards the Pokehuman. She landed in front of them, levitating above the ground, her tail gently swaying back and forth as she crossed her little t-rex like arms and watched the two. She growled out softly though to the Pokehuman and the Pokemon, it sounded like words.

"Are you two heading to Vancouver?" she asked, figuring it was the only reason they were on the route that the bus was heading. She then turned to her back and then back to the two Giratina cult members. She uncrossed her arms and leaned down so that her body was straight and near the ground. She didn't like doing nice things but they seemed to be part of Giratina's cult so there was no use in being her usual self. She growled again but she didn't look too happy this time. "If you are, you can hitch a ride with me. I can carry the Cradily over there. And if you happen to know how to get there, that would also be great," she added.

((Btw, the italicized texts is to indicate she is speaking Pokemon, not speaking telepathically))

Blake/Cradily

The girl turned her head at Blake's message, long green hair swaying softly at her backside. She turned around and sat on the edge of the rock she had just had her boot propped up on and folded her arms across her chest, revealing the swords that were strapped to her side. "If by understand you mean 'hear me in your head', then why yes, I most certainly do," she answered coolly after a moment. -Good. Only Pokemon or half-Pokemon can understand me.-

The girl pursed her lips for a moment in thought, and then gazed briefly down the road. Then she glanced toward Blake again. "Are you headed for Vancouver too?" She asked after a moment, lowering a hand to the rock so she could lean against her arm. -Yeah. I'm a Cradily by the way. Rock/Grass type. Also known as a Fossil Pokemon. Doesn't look like any cars or buses are passing through here. Most people are trying to flee Vancouver after we started showing up. Actually, speak of the devil...- A large white van pulled up, one of the tinted black windows broken. The back doors opened, and some pale-faced half-pokemon stumbled out. "10 minutes for the bathroom, people. Any more than that, and I'm leaving without you." said an extremely pale man, who was the driver. The guy was completely human. He must've been very nervous. I'd say we just found our ride.- Blake looked at the van with suspicious yellow eyes. A few seconds later, a bus pulled up, one of the emergency windows missing. If Blake had had eyebrows, she would have raised them in surprise. Why were the windows all screwed up? Ten seconds later, a small boy who looked like a Shiny Zorua stepped off the bus. He ran over to the van. -Well, I'm hitching a ride on the bus. It looks way less crowded.- Blake started to move slowly towards the bus. When she reached the side, Blake hopped up onto the outside of the bus and started to move up the wall into the missing space where the emergency window should have been. -Coming?-. However, Blake was interrupted by the appearance of a giant Pokemon, one that she recognized as Rayquaza. It was shiny, as well. -Well, this day just gets better and better.-

"Are you two heading to Vancouver?" The Rayquaza asked, and Blake nodded her head. It growled again but the Rayquaza didn't look too happy this time. "If you are, you can hitch a ride with me. I can carry the Cradily over there. And if you happen to know how to get there, that would also be great," it added. Blake sighed. She was going to have to move again. She moved slowly off of the bus and onto the giant Pokemon. -All you need to do is follow the freeway to Vancouver.- Blake moved up to the Rayquaza's head, using her ability to stay on it's body.

--

Sheila/Shiny Tynamo

After a moment, the Dialga turned her head to glance at the little white fish that hovered on her backside. -You, closer.- Sheila hovered closer hesistantly, not wanting to get closer to the demonic red eyes. -Directions.- The Dialga commanded, and then gazed out at the area before them. Sheila hovered to the top of the Dialga's head, wondering how she would direct the giant dragon to New York. -You see the road, the grey path?- Sheila couldn't point, so what could she do. Energy Ball! The ball of electricity shot out, smacking into the cement of the highway. -Follow that. It leads to New York.-

The lavender haired girl suddenly shot a beam from her forehead, striking the men and seemingly confusing them. “Alright then!” Uriah said with a grin, the crackling of electricity as he was surrounded by the brilliant sparks. Then he barreled forward, his feet moving quickly as he charged towards the confused military men. He slammed into them hard, the impact causing the men to fly backwards off their feet. The crackling ceased and the light disappeared from his hair as Uriah’s shoulders suddenly slumped. “Whew, that’s exhausting.” He wondered if there were any other moves he could do… “Well, there’s still men standing, might as well get going!” he said, his long white hair suddenly glowing yellow as he used Charge once more, preparing for another Wild Charge.

--

He had been going to Vancouver, but somewhere along the way Josiah got a little…distracted. “Oh wow! I didn’t know they made cookies that big!” the Ryhorn-half said, pressing his face to the glass of a bakery shop, his red eyes wide as he stared at the large chocolate chip cookies on display, his massive tail swishing back and forth. “They look so good~” He drooled on the window slightly before pulling back away, crossing his arms and pouting slightly. “But I need to save my money to get to Vancouver… But so far I’ve been kicked off every bus I tried getting on…” He sighed, his tail lowering slightly. “Ah well, at least it’s not that far away. I can walk there in about… three days.” Yeah, that sounded about right… Well, it didn’t discourage Josiah- it would give him time to giggle in glee over how fun it was with being a half Pokemon. Picking up his backpack he had filled with stuff he thought he’d be needing for the trip he slung it over his shoulders and started on his way again, humming happily.

When the van had started to slow, Madison sat up straight in her seat, the fur along her neck and forearms bristled in anticipation. She had her claws dug into the seat in front of her, ignoring the looks of distaste from the half-Pokemon that sat there. Her eyes were flickering from the windows to the driver, muscles tensed in preparation.

The moment the van squealed to a stop, the Zoroark-hybrid burst from her seat, pushing roughly through the others and kicking open the door without so much as a second thought. The bus that Tobias was on came up a few minutes later and Madison watched it, fidgeting, until it slowed to a halt. As the doors swung open, her heart skipped a beat as a young, dark-haired boy came running out toward her van. "Toby!" She cried, and with a big grin she raced over to meet him. Instead of swinging him up in a hug like she used to, however, Madison threw herself on her younger brother to tackle him to the ground. She grabbed him and hugged him tightly to her as she rolled onto the ground from the momentum, laughing so hard tears formed in the corner of her eyes.

The air suddenly felt cool and Madison's eyes snapped open. The sunlight was being blotted out by something, and as she looked up, instinct urged her to protect little Tobias; with a low growl, she rolled over on top of him on all fours, crouching low and keeping her neon-teal eyes trained on the massive Dragon pokemon.

Sanya nodded at the Cradily. So that's why she didn't recognize it... She didn't bother much with the fossils, since it was always so tedious to get them to evolve. But the Rock-Grass pairing made sense to her, and the inkling of kinship that she felt was confirmed. However, her attention quickly shifted from the Pokemon as she mentioned vehicles approaching; Rose-colored eyes snapped up to see a van screeching to a halt before emptying its passengers (one of which looked more eager to depart than the others, given her impatient treatment of her fellow half-pokemon) and she watched as a bus came up a moment later. The girl that had so fiercely exited the van appeared to have a reunion with someone from the bus, and Sanya smiled faintly at the unrestrained joy on the Zoroark-cross's face.

A dark shadow suddenly covered the surrounding area and Sanya jerked a hand to the handle of one of her swords, face tilting upwards to see a large, serpentine figure descending from the skies. The yellow markings stood out prominently from the black body, and after a split moment she recognized Rayquaza. Once it landed, Sanya was surprised to find herself and the Cradily being addressed. Hitch a ride on a Rayquaza? Now that was certainly not what she was expecting. Glancing back to the bus and the van, she decided that flying on the back of the Sky legendary was far more interesting than sitting squished between people she didn't know. Not that she really knew this Cradily or the Rayquaza... but the odds favored the Dragon pokemon more.

She nodded her head in agreement to the Cradily's words. "Thank you for the offer," she said in a placid, soft voice, before lifting herself onto the rock she had been leaning against. With a powerful push of her legs, the Virizion-hybrid jumped cleanly onto the Rayquaza's back, and looked slightly startled at the distance she had covered. However, the surprise vanished quickly, leaving her in a silent, quiet facade again. She moved to the pokemon's shoulders and grabbed one of the rudder-like wings to prevent herself from falling off once the Rayquaza took off. "Follow this road through the town, it'll lead to the freeway Cradily was talking about," she added, peering down at the others below. Although she herself was a legendary, it was exhilarating to meet another, much less one she had admired since she had learned about the games.

Maria listened to the pokemon on her back silently, giving off the occasional small growl as different thoughts wheeled through the murk of her mind. She heard the Shaymin's question and swiveled a red eye back toward him, though she was quiet for a moment. Name? Did she have a name? Another low growl started in her chest, but then the memory of the book she had found after blasting the youth asylum suddenly flashed in front of her eyes. The name she had selected jumped off the page again, and she had the strange feeling of sadness rise up from the darker corners of her memories. -Maria.- Came her voice before it disappeared into the wind.

The tyanmo's presence a top her head distracted her from the turmoil threatening to take over her senses again. She did not even blink as the ball of green energy blasted from the tiny fish creature to hit into the pavement sprawled out as a pathway in front of her. Maria had seen many of these in her travels across the country, and she had read of them in her books, but freeways were still a bit mysterious to her in person. Without saying anything, the shiny Dialga crouched and sprang from the ground, the wind whipping around her large body as she gained altitude. Her thick legs stroked the air as if she were swimming across the sky, and once she reached a satisfactory height, she allowed her speed to slow for the comfort of her passengers.

The Dialga soared over the stretch of road silently, occasionally moving her legs to propel them a little further through the winds. In the distance, the giant buildings of New York began to rise as a dark mass. The ocean glittered to her right, and at the sight of it the Dialga's thoughts grew calm and gentle again. Before long, the giant turquoise dragon entered the city between the buildings, her reflection cast across the shining windows like a ripple of shimmering sea-green. The city was like a maze to her, but the small confusion that she felt did not emerge in her cold, distant demeanor. She navigated through the skyscrapers until she caught a glimpse of the sea again. As she moved toward the socks, Maria lifted higher above the roofs until her shadow undulated over the buildings and streets like a dark blanket. As she reached the docks, she noticed a few more figures below them. One of them was large, about her size, and the other two much smaller. With a sharp screech of acknowledgment, the Dialga continued across the water and to the small island that housed the Statue of Liberty.

The island was not large enough to support the giant Time legend, and so she dipped her neck to the ground to wait for her charges to dismount. Once it seemed everyone had made it off, Maria returned to the air and circled a few times around the statue to wait for further instruction.

A pair of large, powder-blue wings stretched across the sky, allowing the giant bird to glide over the cold air current so that it carried her over the country. The muscles in her wings ached from flying for so long, but this way she put minimal effort in keeping aloft and still traveled at an acceptable pace. Occasionally the wings would dip downwards to lift the shiny Articuno a few feet into the sky, but otherwise her wings remained stretched out and relaxed, the wind furling pleasantly around her body.

Francesca was still reeling a bit from the shock of transforming into a Pokemon. Even more was the fact that she had become a legendary- an Articuno!- and a shiny one at that. Was this luck, or was it a curse? She wasn't sure yet. While it was a fascinating experience to get to fly on her own, the trip to New York was long and tiring. And she wasn't even sure what waited for her at the Statue, much less what she was supposed to do in this new body. At least she knew there were others like her... she had seen a few other pokemon traveling by foot, and whenever she'd stop to rest there was the infrequent chance of glimpsing someones' television. More often than not did she watch news of the Pokemon-epidemic, and the more she learned of it the more dread that mounted on her heart. Those who had stayed human were obviously not thrilled with the appearance of these monsters.

Is that what I am? Francesca thought, giving her wings another leisure stroke against the wind. Am I a monster? The Articuno's long, ribbon-like tail billowed gracefully behind her in the sky, and as she flew crystals of ice sparkled like diamonds as they fell from her feathers. She didn't feel like a monster. Monsters were ugly, scary creatures that ravaged towns and harmed others. Francesca certainly didn't believe that's what she was- she had always found the form of Articuno alluring and beautiful, and there was no way she'd allow herself to cause pain to another being. She had no reason to!

The Articuno sighed softly, eyelids lowering over her crimson irises in a disheartened gaze. From the towns and cities below, she began to recognize features of certain states. She would be approaching New York state soon, thankfully, but the realization did hardly nothing to lift her spirits. Instead the winter legend continued to soar onwards quietly, trying not to over think what would happen once she arrived.

Tobias/Shiny Zorua

Tobias couldn't wait. His small claws dug into the seat fabric before him, and his ears were laid back on his head. He wanted the bus to get to stop already. He could see the van coming closer and closer. The doors were already open, and something dark was crouched in the entryway. The bus slowly ground to a halt, and then the doors opened. Without a second thought, Tobias dashed out of the doors, ignoring all else. "Toby!" It was Madison! With a big grin she raced over to meet him. Instead of swinging him up in a hug like she used to, however, Madison threw herself on Tobias to tackle him to the ground. She grabbed him and hugged him tightly to her as she rolled onto the ground from the momentum, laughing so hard tears formed in the corner of her eyes. Tobias started to cry, and grabbed his older sister by the waist, hugging her tightly. However, he stopped when he saw the giant, black Dragon pokemon. Rayquaza? With a low growl, Madison rolled over on top of him on all fours, crouching low and keeping her neon-teal eyes trained on the massive Dragon pokemon. Tobias remained where he was. Madison was warm, and her presence soothed him. He had gone a long time without sleep. He yawned now, extremely happy he had found his sister. All that inner anxiety and worry that had plagued his eight-year-old mind was gone now, along with the stress. "Sis? Can I go to sleep now?" he mumbled, rubbing at his eyes.

--

Sheila/Shiny Tynamo

Sheila hovered off of the Dialga's head, grateful. It was sort of nerve-wracking when traveling on the head of a Time God Pokemon who could soon as kill you than look at you. She hovered around the base of the statue, unsure of what to do. The Dialga was circling around the statue, waiting for some kind of sign. And then, it happened.

--

A great, white glow surrounded the Statue of Liberty, causing it to light up like a giant torch. On the top, circling the stones were Arceus's tablets, the ones that granted him protection from all types. "The ones who gather here, have patience and wait longer. There are only a few left to join us, and they are hurrying here as fast as possible. When all are gathered, I will tell what it is that you are to do. Until then... wait..." The glow faded from the Statue of Liberty, and the stones disappeared. The night was silent again.

--

Paul/Reshiram

Giant white wings glided in the air, keeping the large body aloft. From above, Paul's hometown of Chicago seemed a large spiderweb of glowing lights. Tears glinted in the piercing blue eyes as he soared away. He was leaving behind his little brother, who had calmly accepted Paul's transformation, and had convinced his mother not to call the police. Mark always did love Pokemon. I'll be back, Mark. That was his sworn promise. Paul gained more altitude, leveling out at a suitable pace. Flying had become way more easier with practice, and Paul knew better than to rush. Still, a huge sense of urgency filled his being, and he had to stop himself multiple times from speeding up or diving. Why was he in such a rush? Did it have anything to do with getting to New York City?

Raven

"Whoa. New York City, huh? I never thought I'd make it here. I traveled so far on such short notice," She said, her voice turning just a little sad. Thoughts of home shifted through her memories and played like a film without sound. She stared up from her place at the base of stature at the large, green lady. But she felt her ears go back and her eyes go wide at the feeling of insignificance, her tiny body minuscule next to it. "And now I was bigger."

But her thoughts were soon interrupted when the voice of who she assumed was Arceus broke through. "The ones who gather here, have patience and wait longer. There are only a few left to join us, and they are hurrying here as fast as possible. When all are gathered, I will tell what it is that you are to do. Until then... wait..." Raven shook the cold chills running down her back off, and proceeded to curl up. "That was weird," She said to herself, nose buried in her own fur. Personally, she had no trouble waiting, but when voices that aren't her own start talking in her head, she had an issue with the thought of going crazy even if she knew she wasn't. -Damn Physic pokemon.-

Drake

The bus pulled to a stop, and Drake cracked an eye to find himself someplace different. It wasn't Seattle, to be sure, but it wasn't a town he recognized. Of course, he never got out much or studied maps. But his eyes and ears caught a gathering of pokemon nearby, and curiosity seeped its way in. Leaping off the top of the bus, the Absol walked over and sat nearby to listen in. "So I am closer to Vancouver? Good." He turned back to the bus, only to find it driving off with picked up passengers. Seriously? With a sigh, he once more turned back around and found a patch of shadows near the pokemon to sit in, away from the attention of people.

Blaire blinked at the girl that spoke to her, trying to figure out what pokemon she was meant to be. Looked like a cute, little floating magician. "Oh, okay. Thanks," she answered, giving her a small smile, though it was hardly the time for that. "I really don't know what else I can do."

She looked over in time to see the striped-man attack, squinting her eyes against the brilliant light that came from him. Electricity, she thought, could be an attack enough just by blinding someone! She quickly used Psybeam again, creating more targets for him when it seemed he would attack again.

"Don't wear yourself out," she reminded him, not sure if this worked like that game. Would using his attack too many times wear him out? Was there even a limit? "As long as you can, though, I'll keep them confused for you. I wish I could think of an attack move!" she complained to herself, frustrated by her brains lack of ability to remember. She was just so frazzled from all of this that she couldn't remember anything! Hell, she was lucky to remember Psybeam! If they made it through this encounter, she swore she'd be of better use next time.

Edited by crypticsoul

Katharine felt the Cradily jump onto her back and climb up to her head. She grimaced at this. Why was it on her head? Ugh. She'd have to put up with that though. She resisted the urge to shake her head, lest the Cradily fall off, and looked up at it with her eyes, barely able to see it on her head. She gave off a growl. "Thank you for the information but uh, where's the freeway?" she asked as the Virizion half thanked her for the offer and jumped onto her back just behind her head.

She could feel the Virizion grabbing onto one of the rudder-like fins on her back and didn't complain. At least she wasn't on her head. She turned her head gently so as not to dislodge the Cradily atop of it as she looked at the Virizion half who answered her question as to where the freeway was. She bowed her head in thanks, careful not to tip off the Cradily and then lifted up into the air. However, she noticed a few more half Pokemon nearby and she growled out in frustration. How many more was she going to have to offer a ride to?!

She first noticed an Absol whose bus had left him behind. She raised herself higher into the sky and floated gently over to him. "Feel free to hitch a ride, everyone," she roared out so all could hear her that were either left behind or too cramped on their buses. No one seemed to want to though because they were afraid of the large shiny dragon and flying Rayquaza. She snorted at this and looked back at the Absol, expecting his answer.

Jacob almost fell off of the great shiny Dialga as it suddenly took off into the air after giving it's name and listening to the shiny Tynamo's directions. He rolled a few times near to the tail where the fan at the tail helped keep him on. He rolled onto his paws and shook himself. "Sh, shaymin," "Ow, that hurt," he muttered, rubbing his paws on his head the best he could. He shook himself and, when Maria finally slowed down, he romped back up to the shoulders of the giant Pokemon.

He looked from the Shiny Tynamo to the Shiny Umbreon and sighed. All four of them were shinies. What were the chances of that? He shook himself again and watched as they approached the Statue of Liberty on Liberty Island. When offered to get off, he immediately did so, romping down the neck of the Dialga carefully and jumping off of it's head and onto land. Ah, sweet land! He wasn't meant to fly in this form. He wished there were Gracidae flowers around so he could go into his Sky Forme. He would feel a lot better in that.

He then blinked as he heard a voice in his head, looking up at the tablets that circled around the Statue of Liberty, making him wince as the Statue of Liberty lit up like a Christmas tree. He narrowed his eyes at the sudden light when the voice spoke. "The ones who gather here, have patience and wait longer. There are only a few left to join us, and they are hurrying here as fast as possible. When all are gathered, I will tell what it is that you are to do. Until then... wait..." it said. He shook himself again and coughed a cute little cough as the voice faded. "Sh shay sh shay shay shaymin." "I wish I was in Sky Forme," he grumbled. However, he didn't complain and just waited, laying down and curling up in a ball that made him look like he was just a patch of grass with Gracidae flowers in it.

Crystal Varian/Mismagius/Cult of Mew

Crystal looked at the Espeon half Pokemon and smiled. She looked at the Zebstrika half and watched as he charged some of the military, her eyes squinting at the brightness of the electricity. Nice Flash attack, she muttered in her mind. She looked back at the Espeon half and blinked. "Why not try using Psychic?" she asked, shrugging. It was worth a shot with an Espeon.

She looked back at the military and placed her hands above her at her forehead with finger tips touching finger tips as she closed her eyes. She concentrated on gathering her new energy as a Pokemon and as she did so, she began to glow in a multi-colored outline. Once she had gathered the energy, she opened her eyes, which also glowed multi-colored, and soon, as she lifted her hands away, a multi-colored beam from each eye came out, hitting a dozen or so military men and confusing them.

The beams died soon enough and she looked at the Espeon half, feeling a bit worn out from using so much energy. "You could also try a Shadow Ball... I'm not sure if Espeon learns that naturally though but I'm sure it learns Psychic," she told the girl and then held her hands above her head, closing her eyes and once more gathering her energy for a Shadow Ball attack. Once the energy gathered into a dark purple ball that was shifting as if it couldn't hold the perfect circle, she tossed it at the confused military men and women, sending them flying once more. However, it was apparent she wasn't used to using so much of her energy as she was panting by now.

(I'll get it in color/post as Madison later... but here's Adrian so things aren't stuck anymore. Again, I'm so sorry about neglecting this Dx)

The battle was fierce, but as Adrian had hoped, the small team of hybrids were holding their own... but even she had to concede that it wouldn't hold up forever. She had been darting back and forth, taking out vehicles as best as she could with her psychic abilities- a helicopter plunging to the sea, a tank sent flying back down from where it came, cars upended and hurled as far as she could throw them. She was waning, though, trembling as she moved, her attacks becoming weaker.

A voice dimly registered through her fatigue (she couldn't even begin to place who it was), suggesting they simply destroy the bridge. That... that wasn't the worst idea, actually. The world was already going to hell quite fast, and if it meant their survival, she could live with destroying a landmark. And... well, lives. She could deal with that consequence later. It was a matter of life or death, and she was not going to die.

"Keep fighting!" she shouted, looking towards the others in the Cult of Mew, hoping they weren't flagging as badly as she was. Adrian looked up at the sky, seeing a girl flying above- Ho-Oh? Perfect.

"You there!" she shouted. "Aim your attacks at the road! We're going to cut them off!"