arisilde

Ever Imagine ...

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I honestly don't think it is and wouldn't know what key word to search so . . .

Ever imagine holidays in the dragon cave? Right now it says 481 are watching the Abandoned page.

So there's this cave where momma dragons are rolling the touched eggs out of to a mob of humans. Each human is blinking frantically with their hands outstretched to be the first to grab an egg they want. Whenever a rare appears, at least 100 leap towards it, with one raising from the pile with the egg and everyone else groaning before turning back to the pile.

Anyone else imagine it different? Whenever I'm at the AP on holidays that's what I think of. And just to make it more site topic'ly have you manged to get the holiday dragon you wanted?

It's not 100, it's 425. The others don't notice the egg. Also, it's a game. But from a RPG point of view, this does seem kind of... Strange >_<

Haha, I know it's a game, but I kinda like to think of what it'd be like if it was real. Just because some things, like the holiday AP are really funny to imagine.

So there's this cave where momma dragons are rolling the touched eggs out of to a mob of humans. Each human is blinking frantically with their hands outstretched to be the first to grab an egg they want. Whenever a rare appears, at least 100 leap towards it, with one raising from the pile with the egg and everyone else groaning before turning back to the pile.

Hah. I imagine this exactly. What surprises me, though, is that the other 99+ people who didn't get the egg are completely civil about it and go back to searching the pile for rares instead of mobbing the person who actually managed to find one. xd.png What also surprises me is that mama dragon doesn't go mama bear and incinerates the silly humans that bother her constantly with their searches.

Also, I'm amused at the thought of some people cramming 1000+ dragons into *one* little cave. But hey, we have MAGIC, so everything is possible laugh.gif

Hah. I imagine this exactly. What surprises me, though, is that the other 99+ people who didn't get the egg are completely civil about it and go back to searching the pile for rares instead of mobbing the person who actually managed to find one. What also surprises me is that mama dragon doesn't go mama bear and incinerates the silly humans that bother her constantly with their searches.

Also, I'm amused at the thought of some people cramming 1000+ dragons into *one* little cave. But hey, we have MAGIC, so everything is possible

~~~~~~

Well, I'd like to think of DC people are civil. Plus you don't want the egg to get soft shell and die while you're fighting over it. *coughs* And if you start fighting over the eggs and making a rucus near the Moma dragon you will get singed. So I think everyone behaves themselves or the dragons make you behave.

As far as the cave thing, I've always thought you started with a small cave, and as you gained dragons you started enlarging your cave with their help. So a vine dragon would weaken a rock wall and rock/black dragons would tear it down. The white dragons would heal anyone who got hit by it and then every one would help carry out the bits of stone. Now don't talk about how much cave space you need for all of DC and if any planet is capable of having that much lol.

...Now don't talk about how much cave space you need for all of DC and if any planet is capable of having that much lol.

I WAS JUST WONDERING ABOUT THIS RECENTLY! xd.png Dragon Cave Planet must be a pretty huge place, with no other planets nearby. We get our own sun.

Plus, with all the meat-eating dragons, wouldn't there be a scarcity of regular animals? And wouldn't the plant-eaters have eaten most of the planet's vegetation? I mean, a lot of these dragons are large, so they need lots of food.

I think the dragons are the human equivalent. There are about 7 billion humans on Earth today, so the dragons are us on their planet/alternate universe.

Edited by SPness

Lol, I never actually thought about it from an RPG point of view. xd.png

Gosh... on Christmas it's horrible!

Like 4x the example!

Here's my Christmas example:

Like 600+ in the same biome. 500 or so run for the egg, pushing eachother like crazy. The mother dragon, of course, gets freaked out, and knocks out all of the people but one, letting the last one get the egg and run from the angry mob of people who wanted it. Repeat at least 100 times, people getting more freaked every time.

TERROR.

The mother dragon doesn't care, because the AP eggs smell of human, and she wants no part in that.

What I imagine is that there's this field in the forest where mother dragons take their unwanted eggs or hatchlings. It's thick with both under and overbrush. And it's really illusion-y. Like, you see an egg, but when you run over to it, it's gone. Hatchlings run away from you. People swoop in and take the egg before you can, making a run for it. People take their unwanted eggs and hatchlings there because it's practically devoid of predators and full of food.

Anyway, I don't really think about it.

What I imagine is that there's this field in the forest where mother dragons take their unwanted eggs or hatchlings. It's thick with both under and overbrush. And it's really illusion-y. Like, you see an egg, but when you run over to it, it's gone. Hatchlings run away from you. People swoop in and take the egg before you can, making a run for it. People take their unwanted eggs and hatchlings there because it's practically devoid of predators and full of food.

~~~~~

Ooo, that's a rather creative way of thinking about it. I actually kinda like that better than I was thinking of (from a RP point of view. The other way is funnier tongue.gif )

Plus, with all the meat-eating dragons, wouldn't there be a scarcity of regular animals? And wouldn't the plant-eaters have eaten most of the planet's vegetation? I mean, a lot of these dragons are large, so they need lots of food.

~~~~~~~~~

I always just imagined it was a lot larger than earth. Whatever this imaginary DC planet is. And maybe some of the dragons grow food, like we do cattle and plants? I mean, some of them are REALLY smart. I would think food would be an issue with such a great number of dragons, but quite a few of them do possess magic. I haven't worked out RP wise how it works yet.

I was just thinking about this earlier...

I feel like if four hundred people showed up in their cave, all mobbing each other and fighting over a handful of eggs, the dragons would just get annoyed and eat us all. :3

I'm just imagining that adult dragons get magically booted out of the field as soon as they can take care of themselves.

The AP doesn't actually make sense in a roleplaying view, you know. That's the closest I got to 'realistic'. xd.png

I feel like if four hundred people showed up in their cave, all mobbing each other and fighting over a handful of eggs, the dragons would just get annoyed and eat us all. :3

This is what I think too. xd.png Especially those grumpy pebble dragons.

Great thread idea; the imagery made me chuckle. wink.gif