CrystalSetsuna

Holiday Multiclutch Opinions?

@ the original question.

o_o No way. What? I wouldn't have a holly and neither would lots of other people. So many people would be left out just because they don't have connections or things to trade.

Don't I deserve the holly I caught? I shouldn't have to be friends with someone or have outstanding character or otherwise have to *prove* myself just to try to get gifted something.

@ the original question.

o_o No way. What? I wouldn't have a holly and neither would lots of other people. So many people would be left out just because they don't have connections or things to trade.

Don't I deserve the holly I caught? I shouldn't have to be friends with someone or have outstanding character or otherwise have to *prove* myself just to try to get gifted something.

Right. I want to point out, again, that the *majority* of DC players probably aren't even active on the forum. Especially, consider the under-18 crowd, who might have their parents' permission to play the cave, but not to enter a whole collection of chat rooms with strangers on all sorts of topics.

Without the auto-abandoned multi-clutches, those players would NEVER get a holiday egg from past holidays. Ever. It wouldn't be fair.

And really, as the owner of a Holiday, you're no worse off than you would be with a normally-breedable dragon, where you only get one egg. It's just like the rest of the year! I see multi-clutches as TJ being generous all around -- Holidays seem to breed much more reliably than other dragons, so you're *almost* guaranteed an egg of your own to distribute as you choose -- and any other eggs are "bonus" to go to the non-forum players. I don't see a reason to feel "entitled" to "your" other eggs, seeing as they are pretty much TJ's donation to the younger/less-connected/slow-internet/busy-lives/can't-be-active-in-a-chatroom crowd.

I think the system is just right as it is. The older versions of the Christmas Dragons are much anticipated and, for those that don't have them, they are dependent upon the drops from the abandoned eggs in those multi-clutches. I believe that we are quite lucky that, assuming we have our limit of two Christmas Dragons of any one year, we are able to gift two. Taking them all, just in my opinion, (no matter how lovely it is to gift) puts newer players at a distinct disadvantage without the connections more long time players might have.

I think it is very fair the way it is now. Everybody playing this game has a chance of getting Holiday dragons this way. Everything else would lead to elitism. It is sad that some Holly owners think like they have pointed out here in this thread.

I like to see that connections are not the only way to get rare eggs. Some people seem to forget that English is not the only language on this earth. Problems with the language are in my opinion the main aspect why people are not able to use the forums. So they have no right to have a Holly or another rare egg?! Thinking that way is a shame! It seems that the only aspect that speaks against auto-abandoning multi-clutches and make them available to everybody is the greediness of their owners. They simply do not want to share, thats the point. What speaks against making others happy you do not know?! I think it is very satisfying to surprise strangers with things they do not expect (ok I forgot - nobody would shout out the gifters generosity out to the world via the congrats-thread, that is sad indeed rolleyes.gif ). Their happiness is real and be sure that they know the "worth" of an egg and won't let it die. Of course there is always the risk that an egg dies but that can happen to all of us as long people are around who feel great when they can view-bomb them to death. And even if an egg dies (rare or not) who cares? They are pixels in the end and there is nothing that can't be replaced.

Maybe some people should change their attitude towards the game. Nothing in a collecting game should only be available to a small privileged group.

Multiclutch speads the love around and this is what events are all about.

Actually, just in case she happens across this -- I caught a beautiful Yulebuck egg in the AP (3rd gen from a Yule x White stair!) whose parents are owned by scroll-holder Leigheasoir. That isn't the owner's username, though, if they're even on the forum; I tried to send a thank-you PM, to no avail...

So, if anyone here knows Leigheasoir, please pass on the word that the gorgeous baby is appreciated, and I'll be sure to raise it well and breed it next season, to share the Yulebuck joy. smile.gif Or, if you have a good idea of where I can post this in hopes of it being seen, let me know.