CrystalSetsuna

Holiday Multiclutch Opinions?

I know, but I just think there are many biased players here that assume a many great deal of things, sadly. 8c But we all go on.

I would not support.

I'll try to explain why I feel that way. One, because it's Christmas! Season of Giving, not season of making super awesome trades :3

The other is that Dragon Cave exists because people GAVE art to the site. That means the only reason anyone here even has a Holly is because someone decided to be generous and give something, selflessly. How could I refuse to continue to share that giving spirit? I would feel like I was going blatantly against the spirit of the person that first created them and the entire season. It's just... huh, wut? Not breed pretty dragon? blink.gif R u crazy?

I may not have one and may not get one but I would never refuse sharing them. And I love how many are randomly on the AP. It generates a lot of hopeful excitement, which is great. I've used up all my teleports gifting other things around and I shall gift some more before the holiday is through :3

The other is who feels who deserves what is very subjective. I've made banners for holiday events, various sites and contests here for years and randomly dropped rares, but I don't socialize much, so I'm not even on the ark list despite that. I'm more than sure there are others here who are the same way. So I don't see how I'd be qualified to judge someone else as worthy for a dragon. I totally understand wanting to see a lineage continued. I've almost completed purebred lineages for every dragon in the cave but about 3. But, my choice is that my OCD impulse for making even-gens is not as important as someone else's cheerful excitement. They have a happy. This is good to me. The world needs happy things, even little dragony ones.

This is what I don't understand by a lot of people using the forum argument. 1) the forums are optional and 2)the forums are an asset. They are a part of the cave as any BSA or tool that is also provided to every user - if they don't want to use it; that's fine but I don't see why those who do use features provided should be handicapped the same way as those people who choose not to use forums.

Yes using the forum is an advantage - so why take that advantage away from the people who use it? How is it any different from using the inlfuence BSA or incubate bsa on a dragon? They are all part of the game. Everyone has the option to, if someone chooses not to use it, that's their lost; just like not using a bsa. Why take away the advantage of a *feature*? This makes no sense - might as well not have that feature if you can't use it's full potential.  It's almost like saying you won't use your red dragon's incubate because someone who chooses not to raise reds won't have the ability to incubate an egg. blink.gif

The forum is not a special club, it's open to the public.

Being a social person is an awesome thing, but some people aren't. Some people find it difficult to get to know people, especially in an environment like the internet where it's often very hard to get a feel for people. Some people are shy - often painfully so. Some people - as crazy as this may seem wink.gif - find that forums often bring with them an exhausting amount of drama.

And it also has to be noted that the game has a lot of younger players, many of whom probably have parents who don't want them on the forum and, quite likely, don't want them corresponding with people unknown to them.

There are valid reasons that people play the game in a more solitary manner, even if that type of gameplay comes at a cost.

And while I do understand where you're coming from and do believe that being on the forums should confer certain benefits, there's no way that anything is going to remove the advantage of participation here. This is where announcements happen, a vast amount of trades are made, tons of gifting occurs, lineage projects are run, tips are given, policies are discussed, bugs in the site are brought to light, and on and on. I remember getting a leetle tree almost immediately on the day they first appeared because I was on the forum when someone posted in the help section, "Why is there a tree in the cave?" lol

So the massive advantage of being here is not being taken away, it's just that it shouldn't be so overwhelming that it starts being pointless to try to gather certain eggs unless you participate in the social side of things. And really, even with the one egg teleport rule, the players receiving the egg that way have a sure thing, while all the people who don't set up something like that have to fight for it in the AP.

We must be looking at different threads then, I've seen maybe a handful of people saying "I caught one" versus "I was gifted!" I'm not exactly sure where you are going with that second point but I was just saying that it seems to me, those who were gifted were less likely to "make a profit" than those who were not, and furthermore, while it seems you disagree, I think there would still be more people gifting their holly eggs than those churning out babies for profit, since the majority of adult holly owners already have a sizeable dragon collection.

You should try the Holly Poll thread, because I think it's a pretty good gauge and there have been lots of people in there talking about catching them this year. The vast majority of those people are definitely not going to trade them and are already excited about breeding them next year so that other people can finally have some.

My second point was that the idea proposed in the OP is that we should let Holly owners control all of their eggs because they'll benevolently bestow them on caring friends and not people who would just use them for profit. But the fact is that people have been trading Hollies for profit all along, so why do people think that if they got to control all of their clutch that they would all be gifted?

Besides, some people don't play this game with gifting as a goal and, honestly, there's nothing wrong with that. That's not how I choose to play it, I'm with you about the joy of gifting, but it's a game, and it's one that's been set up so that people can play it however they want within the boundaries of the rules. The protection of the holiday giving of eggs is the breed limit and the fact that people can only decide the fate of one from a multi-clutch - and, ironically, we're arguing against one of those protections.

idk if this was directed to me or not, but i just wanted to address this. i don't think newbies deserve less (if i did, i wouldn't be a mod for the newbie gifting thread =/ ), infact, even if they wanted to breed messy, i would still be ok with it since lineages aren't the be-all, end-all, for me. What I am concerned about is the holiday eggs ending up dead - because i know i could have gifted them to someone who could have kept them alive and I think holly owners have more of a legitimate concern than I do in this area. furthermore i do think there are a lot of frustrated cave players who deserve MORE than 3 or 4 *years* of hunting in the AP for *hours* for one egg, only to turn up empty handed day after day after year. i know how I felt when i found out that i misunderstood how holiday breeding goes and that i would have to wait another 360 days for another chance, but i can't fathom having to do that two, three, or four times. maybe it's too much that i think those people should just get a chance at being happy too - they've earned it.

That was more directed to the idea that it's too risky to let new people have Holly eggs, that has been going around for a long time. The thing about extra eggs is that they aren't ours. And once they stop being ours we don't have a right to expect anything from the owner; not even keeping them alive. And as much as one person cares about their holiday eggs, another person cares about their lineage eggs. So if we ever went back to having multi-clutches, should they get to direct all their eggs, too?

I have a Holly, and I'm only speaking for myself, but I don't feel as if I have more of a right to decide where my eggs go than anyone else does. And if a new player kills my Holly's eggs, then I hope that the experience helps them learn how to keep their next eggs alive and that they don't beat themselves up too badly when they realize how rare the egg is. lol

And I know that other players are more concerned about their offspring, and that's totally their right. Watching the lines we breed lengthen is a fantastic part of the game. I just don't think that concern trumps the idea that the entire point of multi-clutches was to give other players a chance to catch eggs, and that once an egg is on someone else's scroll it's theirs to do with as they please. And because that's a legitimate facet of the game - a player being able to do whatever they want with the eggs on their scroll, even if that means letting it die - I don't think that it should be used to undercut the one egg only teleport policy.

no it doesn't; but that doesn't mean everyone who would "hold" their multi clutch would sell them off for the highest price, either.

You're completely right, it doesn't. And since it can go either way, I don't see the point in giving people control of the fate of up to four eggs that they have no right to keep on their scroll and so can't possibly own. Of course, to be honest, I wasn't even in favor of being able to teleport any egg that you can't own, and I believed that even after I got a Holly, so I'm always going to favor letting the majority of eggs go to the AP.

tbh idk what that/holds means. i just think installing getcodes back would be infinitely useful for people with slow connections while not necessarily guaranteeing that they would always get the egg. it just gives them a fighting chance against hundreds of other players.

I'll be up front about my bias here - I wanted to keep AP trading as opposed to getting the teleport system. I was in the minority, and that's cool and I've adapted my game to include the new system. But I think it would be a giant slap in the face to those of us who wanted to keep the AP to reinstate the get codes for this.

The new availability of Hollies was one of the few bright spots for AP supporters, and to not only take that away, but then to have the system that so many people apparently loathed and demanded to have dismantled, be resurrected once it's better for them, rubs me 18 different kinds of the wrong way. People wanted the benefit of teleport, and that's fine, but then we all need to accept the price.

For what it's worth, I really do feel for you and your specific situation. I know it must be really frustrating, and while I do wish there was a way to solve that, I just think that it's best that the majority of Hollies become and "everyone" thing and not just a "select group" thing.

) I'm glad my hollies decided the past two years, not to breed a multiclutch. too. Demolish multiclutches for hollies and make them breed true one egg only per clutch for the month of december. smile.gif 4 weeks -> 4 eggs. Breeders are happy. it is still 4 eggs gifted out, but controled by the breeder.

) I'm glad my hollies decided the past two years, not to breed a multiclutch. too. Demolish multiclutches for hollies and make them breed true one egg only per clutch for the month of december. smile.gif 4 weeks -> 4 eggs. Breeders are happy. it is still 4 eggs gifted out, but controled by the breeder.

But breeder happiness hasn't really been the overriding concern in this game when it comes to multi-clutches. The rules have always favored eggs being provided to the masses via the AP. Why should Hollies be an exception to that?

Hollies are valuable because of their current scarcity, but they aren't intrinsically better than any other egg. Breeders had to put their eggs in other people's hands and hope for the best all the time during the multi-clutch breeding period. Why should this be any different?

Honestly, I guess I'm just not understanding the idea here that multi-clutches exist to please the breeder.

I like that theyre auto APed but this does make sence.. Maybe we could pick up to two to keep or so? So its not like we can keep all, and a few other eggs still go to the AP.

ugh there's too many replies >_<

@Fumagine: I have my moments or shyness and insecurity too; everyone goes through it and noone is 100% confident or out going all the time. I don't see how using it as a crutch is constructive though. The thing is if you don't practice being at least a little social, you'll always be stuck in the same boat you want to get out of. i promise you it's more fun than it sounds. smile.gif

And if someone was afraid of malicious intentions from jealous users towards their holly, shouldn't they just fog it and hide their scroll? problem solved.

@Ashes the second:

What about the small percent of people who actually got their hollies by pure luck? Are they disregarded as the ones who 'bribed' the holly owners into winning or something? I see no valid argument for that side of the coin.

honestly don't know what you mean by this. please explain; i dont really remember anyone saying something about bribing holly owners.

@fuzzbucket: that may be so, but it's not yulebucks or snow angels in high demand, it's hollies. he probably would have been able to pick up some of those eggs eventually since there is more supply than demand for those eggs; that's not the case for hollies, but I digress. theoretically, for those younger users, they could lie about their age and get onto the forums; i'm sure i've seen some young ones around here before. anyway i misunderstood the thread. i'm for teleporting one egg but also allowing a getcode. it may have never been intended in the first place, but that doesn't mean it wasn't beneficial or that it breaks the game. trading wasn't part of the game originally either but it has taken a life of it's own here.

@Vhale - i think you misunderstood what i was saying also. I am happy if a newbie gets a rare from the AP, i really am. I remember catching my first gold before even reaching 30 dragons and I was through the roof; but it makes me sad when I see older players who have done this for *years* put in so much effort and get nothing out of it. I sympathize with them and yes, I do think something more can be done for them.

@skauble - wall of text, hello. how do you do? xd.png i shall reply in kind, if you do not mind. smile.gif

I don't particularly think establishing the getcode again will break the game for nonforum users. the eggs still go to the ap, it just allows for slower computers to pick up the specific egg in question and they do have a chance of missing. I've had eggs "sniped" before teleport was here and I'm pretty sure I've sniped eggs/hatchlings from other people so it's not a fail safe.

I haven't been in the holly poll thread for a few days, simply because i think i answered a long time ago and didn't see much point in the discussion - but i do know i've seen many people saying they were excited about seeing hollies. while i don't think it's appropiate for a breeder to have 100% control over all the eggs, i do think there's a better solution than smashing all the holiday eggs into the first five spots so only the most 1337 clickers can catch one.

As far as owning extra eggs you are right, but i think it's also easy to see why people are invested in their eggs because it essentially is an extension of your own dragon and scroll. Though it would be in my favor, i don't think that a person should have 100% control of their "extras" but I do think they should have a chance to try to influence where it can go. There's nothing we can do once the egg leaves our scroll (and rightly so) but that doesn't mean you can't wish the best for it either.

I was pretty indifferent when teleport was first announce tbh, simply because i was a new player and didn't know what all of that meant. one the one hand i liked being able to "snipe"; it was the only way a new person like me could get rares (there were few gifting threads and the ones that were around didn't take requests for them) but on the other hand, teleport has some obvious virtues.

Please don't feel sorry for me. If things don't work out for me this year, I know I'll be all set for next year, and I'm fine with that. It's not the first, or even second time I missed out on a holiday. Have you read the Holiday announcement thread? It's there that I find empathy with a lot of frustrated players and feel on their behalf. Sitting in front of a computer screen for *hours* constantly hitting f5 in hopes of catching one egg is not my idea of having fun around christmas.

You know, sometimes I get so tired of hunting, because it feels like you are almost setup to fail - I just have to walk away, take 5 and drink some coffee. Ever read TVtropes.com? I love that page. (i actually got distracted posting these links too and started reading on it; which is why it took me a long time to write this post) I can read it for hours and be satisfied. Hunting for hollies reminds me of this, this, and certainly this; but then again it does seem like most cave players are compromised of this. And before folks jump down my throat, that's just meant as a joke. wink.gif

anyway skauble, i know we aren't going to agree but i just wanted to let you know it's been a pleasure chatting with you, just because it's not often i will have a discussion with someone, disagree, and still have the conversation stay civil. it's quite refreshing and i'd like to thank you for that even if we don't see eye to eye. smile.gif

I'm glad my hollies decided the past two years, not to breed a multiclutch. too. Demolish multiclutches for hollies and make them breed true one egg only per clutch for the month of december. smile.gif 4 weeks -> 4 eggs. Breeders are happy. it is still 4 eggs gifted out, but controled by the breeder.

I'm sorry but this is a terrible idea in my eyes. If this were to happen I do fear holly trade would be as bad as tinsel trading when they first came out. I would love for an extra chance for hollies to breed (one at the beginning of the season and one for the end) but if they only ever made one egg and never had the chance to go to AP, getcode or no, i think that would break the game for a lot of people.

I just wish people would breed more respectably. Some of the messy inbred lines you see. ya some people don't care but about 75% of people I think do. I would not mind a 4-5 gen Holly but there is no reason to in breed or breed with something that is messy and has a huge line. They have only been around for what 3 uh 4 years? not sure but that should have some pretty lineages. Not some of the monster lines I have seen with the other breeds.

I like being able to control at least one. TJ could have made it were they were all abandoned at the time of breeding.

I wish we could hold 4 of each Christmas Dragon instead of just 2 though. smile.gif

I just wish people would breed more respectably.  Some of the messy inbred lines you see.  ya some people don't care but about 75% of people I think do.  I would not mind a 4-5 gen Holly but there is no reason to in breed or breed with something that is messy and has a huge line.  They have only been around for what 3 uh 4 years? not sure but that should have some pretty lineages.  Not some of the monster lines I have seen with the other breeds.

I like being able to control at least one.  TJ could have made it were they were all abandoned at the time of breeding. 

I wish we could hold 4 of each Christmas Dragon instead of just 2 though.  smile.gif

That would decrease the chances of getting a Holly back to what it was last year, because so many Hollies were dead gone by the time people even /saw/ them. I have never seen a Holly until this year. I never even really considered the possibility of attaining a holly, and still fear something terrible may happen to it. Really, it truly is the 'elite rare dragon', but in a few years, I pray it will not become the next ugly lineaged tinsel. Because that really is what's happening. It's really upsetting that people would enjoy stooping to such lows as to quit breeding their hollies, but they do play the game their way.

Tiv -- You misunderstood me. I wasn't saying people /were/ saying that, I simply wanted opinions about that side of this multi-faced coin.

Edited by Ashes The Second

I don't know personally. I haven't bread my Christmas dragons yet, and I've yet to decide if I will. Why? Last year I bread them all, got a number of multi clutches that I dropped on the AP...

And all but 2 eggs ended up dead. The two eggs I gifted. Out of 16 eggs.

I know it's random luck where the eggs go after their bred, but seeing all my holiday eggs die, well it sorta depressed me. To the point I am very VERY reluctant to breed them.

If I could give them to people who I knew would take care of them I'd be more likely to breed. But random luck hasn't worked so well for me in the past.

I like it the way it is, but also wish that non-holiday dragons could still produce multiclutches as well. Although I like it the way it is because I very rarely trade, I once feared that the teleport option would kill any chance of getting anything good from the AP. Since that hasn't been the case, I don't expect that being allowed to hold and then trade/gift eggs from multiclutches would have much impact on the ability of us non-traders to get desired eggs from the AP.

I like it. Gives more of a chance for holiday eggs on the ap. Instead of one egg per breeding, and plenty of them never seeing the ap page because they are gifted/traded ect, it gives the people who dont frequent the forums a chance to grab them.

Also reminds me of the old days, when four eggs from a breeding was pretty common.

I like it the way it is, but also wish that non-holiday dragons could still produce multiclutches as well. Although I like it the way it is because I very rarely trade, I once feared that the teleport option would kill any chance of getting anything good from the AP. Since that hasn't been the case, I don't expect that being allowed to hold and then trade/gift eggs from multiclutches would have much impact on the ability of us non-traders to get desired eggs from the AP.

i think that was turned off because of the egg floods in the AP that would block the main cave. argueably, it would also make rares, non rare and screw with the ratios even more than they are already screwed up.

@firstborn - OTL you don't make me feel good about those eggs i was worried about.

On holly breeding - i dont think anyone should be told who they can partner their dragon with or not. Everyone has their nitpicks in games but it's not right to ask others follow yours. I think in some ironic twist of fate, i went to breed my golds today only to find one of them has been made "pretty". I say that tentatively because i HATE tombstone lineage dragons. Made a big stink about it before, and just wonder if the person who owned the parents did that to get some jollies out of the situation. So now I have a 'fake' cb/2nd lineage gold when i am fully aware it's actually long lineaged an inbred (i actually like looking at all the mess and seeing interesting dragons like "Bill and Ted's Excellent dragon") and it just bugs the day lights out of me but by the same token, you can't really expect to control what goes on in another person's scroll.

@firstborn - OTL you don't make me feel good about those eggs i was worried about.

I can only speak for my experiances. I know I'm likely in the minorty given the # of holiday dragons I see in the AP, but I do say it's turned me off breeding. (If you notice NONE of my 2009 xmas dragons have offspirng. They were all killed. A few of my 08s survived.)

I'm fine with the way it is now, but then again, instead of giving my eggs to specific people, I breed every holiday dragon to abandon all the eggs, so it really doesn't matter to me. But still, when multiclutches were possible, you could only keep one egg. That makes things fair if that rule is still kept.

I can only speak for my experiances.  I know I'm likely in the minorty given the # of holiday dragons I see in the AP, but I do say it's turned me off breeding.  (If you notice NONE of my 2009 xmas dragons have offspirng.  They were all killed.  A few of my 08s survived.)

i did see that earlier, when you first posted, i looked at your dragons. and i do share the same concern as you. i do think we are in the minority but that doesn't mean we shouldn't voice our concerns as well. sad.gif

i actually do check up on my dragon eggs and like to see how they are doing; as this is my first year as a holiday breeder i am doubly invested in how well the progeny does. at the very least, i know two of my ribbon dancer eggs will do well but i worry for the others since so many were pick up by newbies with scattered eggshells. there's at least one i saw that already has softshell within the first few hours of it being bred ):

Well a couple of mine were picked up by people who stopped playing, others look like they may have been intentonally killed.

But yeah, end result is that xmas and Vdays I'm warry of breeding. Haloween I don't mind as much since I keep at least one of each pair I breed. (Vdays haven't faired much better for me, though one dragon has 3 live offspring, but others have 0)

I'm torn because I want to breed to help others, BUT I don't want to loose all the eggs again. And I know full well the 'Once it leaves your scroll you have no control over it' rule, but it dosen't mean I have to like the end result. Maybe it makes me selfish, IDK. But I just feel that if 80% of the eggs are going to die/be killed is there really a point in breeding?

Edited by Firstborn Dragon

To me, it's a glass is half empty or half full situation. I can worry about the worst possible scenario or the best. I've decided to hope for the best and not worry about the other. Several of my holiday eggs died this past year but that is why I added the wee banner to my sig.

Edited by Vhale

I think that attitude is really sad. Oh well - if you feel that way, maybe best not to breed them; if you did get more than one egg you would worry too much.

I shall breed mine next year and while I have a waiting list till 2013 already, I know of at least 3 clutches of four Hollies this year. It does happen.

@thiefofhearts - it is easy enough with parental blocking software to block forums - his mother does. And yes, his other Christmas ones would have been easier to get than Hollies - though he is allowed limited on line time anyway. My point was that youngsters who cannot come here have no hope of taking advantage of the giving atmosphere that there IS here. And the AP is their only hope. As it is for all those who don't happen to LIKE forums. Or who are plain shy.

I am so happy that there are multiclutches for the holiday dragons! it gives a chance to players who have no opportunity to trade for a Holly, or no friends to gift them it, to get one. I think it's fair and it should stay as it is.

I am so happy that there are multiclutches for the holiday dragons! it gives a chance to players who have no opportunity to trade for a Holly, or no friends to gift them it, to get one. I think it's fair and it should stay as it is.

Yes, but what if the eggs die anyway becuase some random noobie decided they thought those eggs were ugly, or they went inactive? I mean, you can argue that that is the risk you take when breeding and you can just not breed, but personally, I want to old way of getting hollies. It makes them ever /rarer/. And there is a lot of petty, underhanded elitism on the forums. I've seen it over and over. It's the main reason I go on hiatus for months upon months at a time. If DC is about trading eggs to get more eggs, then it should have some semblance of fairness. Plus, the getcode trading method was more dangerous, and now it's all 'Click and get my egg. Yay, got an egg. Yay, got another'. Plus, it doesn't thrill me anymore when I get /that/ egg. I just see 'oh. I got a holly. Yay?' It's just no more fun. Either the fanbase needs to start changing and being fair, or TJ needs to implement getcode as a side-along option, for those days when you want a thrill. Compromise for everyone. I don't see why it's so hard to actually realize that.

Edited by Ashes The Second

Yes, but what if the eggs die anyway becuase some random noobie decided they thought those eggs were ugly, or they went inactive? I mean, you can argue that that is the risk you take when breeding and you can just not breed, but personally, I want to old way of getting hollies. It makes them ever /rarer/. And there is a lot of petty, underhanded elitism on the forums. I've seen it over and over. It's the main reason I go on hiatus for months upon months at a time. If DC is about trading eggs to get more eggs, then it should have some semblance of fairness. Plus, the getcode trading method was more dangerous, and now it's all 'Click and get my egg. Yay, got an egg. Yay, got another'. Plus, it doesn't thrill me anymore when I get /that/ egg. I just see 'oh. I got a holly. Yay?' It's just no more fun. Either the fanbase needs to start changing and being fair, or TJ needs to implement getcode as a side-along option, for those days when you want a thrill. Compromise for everyone. I don't see why it's so hard to actually realize that.

surely it's a shame when a holiday egg dies due to neglection or else but well we are were noobies once. and besides we'd better try not to take it so close to heart. they're just pretty pixels in the end. and I think that the plus of giving an opportunity for a person to catch an autoabandoned egg in the AP, which they would otherwise never get, is overweighting the risk of the egg to die. idk, but maybe for people who treat so painfully the risk of their bred eggs dying or going to the new players should rather not breed at all. I don't mean to offend you. I just feel a bit differently about it. it's a holiday and for me the greatest fun perhaps is spreading the joy.

as for the getcode being more thrilling - yes, you're right, it was really more exciting and you were overwhelmed with emotions when you succeeded but it was really frustrating if you failed to catch, especially if it was an expensive trade. so maybe it's not such fun with TP now, but it's absolutely safe.

and I haven't actually got it what elitism you were talking about. anyway sorry that you happened to face it sad.gif

One thing that occurred to me is that Vamps were still a bit new last year, as to how easy it was to get one. Then people got into that greedy hoarder thing, including the whole, I Bit a Rare thing. Which also turned into the, I Bit a Holiday thing. Which was a mess as it let people pick up vamps, not know they were ex-holiday dragons, which caused people's holiday dragon eggs to get auto-dropped due to both eggs counting against the limit. No doubt, several of the killed eggs last year were vamp attempts. Being that vamp success went wayyyyyyyyyy down this year. I haven't seen anyone running around chatting about trying to vamp holidays this year.

I completely like it the way it is.

And you can still gift out 1 egg to somebody, from each bred dragon.

Solution? Don't give out more then 1 IOU and give others a chance in catching that beloved dragon they have been missing for years!

surely it's a shame when a holiday egg dies due to neglection or else but well we are were noobies once. and besides we'd better try not to take it so close to heart. they're just pretty pixels in the end. and I think that the plus of giving an opportunity for a person to catch an autoabandoned egg in the AP, which they would otherwise never get, is overweighting the risk of the egg to die. idk, but maybe for people who treat so painfully the risk of their bred eggs dying or going to the new players should rather not breed at all. I don't mean to offend you. I just feel a bit differently about it. it's a holiday and for me the greatest fun perhaps is spreading the joy.

as for the getcode being more thrilling - yes, you're right, it was really more exciting and you were overwhelmed with emotions when you succeeded but it was really frustrating if you failed to catch, especially if it was an expensive trade. so maybe it's not such fun with TP now, but it's absolutely safe.

and I haven't actually got it what elitism you were talking about. anyway sorry that you happened to face it sad.gif

I know they're pretty pixels and I /wasn't/ taking it to heart -- I'm giving examples. It's just a base discussion. You're missing the point entirety.